UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

SVN 664 Update (Jan 23, 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updates!

Anyway, about the loot, it was sure something was still wrong. Now it is possible to make little tweakings here and there, to make the whole thing much OSI-like. Are we based on a SVN or no?

Moreover, the loot patch was only about gold and item intensities. Now for each creature must be searched peculiar loot (i.e. organs, beer and leather from lizardsmen) and gem splitting which seems wrong in more than one occasion.

p.s. About 2 years ago, I was thinking "Oh great, only 9 things to correct and then we can merge all of MalGanis' ". Now we see how RunUO is flawed.
The guy who posted in the link is most unknown, but I could say he restarted the RunUO development :)

p.s. Thanks to everyone involved in bug-hunting, testing, coding, implementing and running of Demise! Keep up the great work!

I have a bad feeling about this.

Thanks for the updates!

BTW, there is not anymore the like button :(

I will use the alternative Shino90 suggested then :)
(it's only an image, I haven't reported anything...)

DarthNader

Sorceror
SVN 661

SVN 654

Tree stumps + mining carts now have a line of sight and Z-axis check. LoS is per-OSI, and Z-axis is untestable. OSI never had the problem of hundreds of these stacked in one house. It seems impossible to find a house with more than 1 or 2 even.

First off I'd like to say I really appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into these "Bugs" and "fixes" over the past year or so!!!

This post is in no way shape or form a complaint or gripe, but a mear enquiry into the "Fix" quoted above along with my opinion on this fix.

With that said, I would like to ask why the Z-axis part of this fix was implemented if it was "untestable" with OSI?

Reason I ask is because there are numerous other deeded items in game that can be "stacked" but do not require a Z-axis check in order to use them.
(I.E. Small forges, Anvils, Looms, Spinning wheels, etc.)

The only reason I can think of on why this would be put in place is because they are a easy way to get a decient amount of inogts with little effort. Was this fix put in place merely because these two particular deeded items happen to produce resources?

Personaly I think these should be treated just like every other deeded item that can be placed in your home. (Sorry just my opinion)

Unfortunatly this fix has greatly affected me after spending almost 45 mill on mining carts and now I am finding it very difficult to find room to place these carts to where they are now accessable to myself.

And lastly I would like to simply go on my merry way if there was some concrete information gathered from OSI that simply proves that these are indeed not accessable when stacked. I couldn't find the thread that contained this "Fix". But of coarse I'm horrible at the search feature!

Thank you for your time!

Darth

And lastly I would like to simply go on my merry way if there was some concrete information gathered from OSI that simply proves that these are indeed not accessable when stacked. I couldn't find the thread that contained this "Fix". But of coarse I'm horrible at the search feature!:oops:

you are not horrible at search, is just that is a thing which never went public to our bugs&fixes system.

Xavier

Account Terminated
darthnader, this ore cart problem is a problem unique to runuo/demise. Sometimes OSI doesnt have a problem we have, and in those cases, we might need to do something non-OSI. On OSI you wouldnt have more than 1 or 2 carts, because of how limited vet rewards of that age are. For all we know, you might not even be ABLE to stack them on top each other.

But, this was my solution - to make it more difficult to use hundreds of the carts. I could have gone asayres route to fixing this, which would have been to delete all the carts on demise and scale account aging so it starts to come in line with OSI at around 6 or 8 years age.

gilgamash

Knight
Had you done this, my blacksmith would have to melt your GM-character back to ingots:cool:

But, this was my solution - to make it more difficult to use hundreds of the carts. I could have gone asayres route to fixing this, which would have been to delete all the carts on demise and scale account aging so it starts to come in line with OSI at around 6 or 8 years age.

Gilly

Sorceror
I am in much the same place DarthNadar is I have 280 carts. I understand why the Z- access fix has been implemented, in fact I think its a good fix. Just on a side note as I am at work... are you saying you can currently stack Mining carts on Demise?

DarthNader

Sorceror
Gilly, Yes you can stack them the same way you can stack small forges. You just use three gazas and raise them several times then place the next. But with this fix, any that are above the cart that is placed on the floor are not accessable now. So being that you have 280 carts and did not know that they can be stacked, it doesnt sound like this fix should be an issue for you.
And also on a side note, I'm wondering why you think this is a good fix?

I mean I really don't see why its an issue with people acquiring hundreds of these items! And here's why:
Lets say I have 150 carts locked down in my castle.
Now if I emptied those carts at least once every 10 days.
and
Since the ingots that you get from these carts seem to be pretty even as far as ingot type you get.
and
I sold all of these said ingots
then
It would take me 513 days to recoupe the gold I would spend obtaining these carts!!!!

(I used the average selling price per ingot for each of the ingot types to calculate this btw)

So it's not like this is a extremely lucrative way to make money or anything.

It's just a way to help the more serious crafters supplement the ingots that are needed on a daily basis! I mean I still have to purchase huge amounts of colored ingots to keep up with my normal usage!

So I appologize if I seem to be a little frustrated about this fix! It's probably because I am.
It's just with all these fixes that have really crippled some of us that like to mainly do nothing but craft lately, it's becoming a little less fun to log anymore.

I guess I just need to down size and do everything on a much smaller scale anymore.

Killer Rabbit

Sorceror
I'd have to say the root of the problem is goza mats. Goza mat fortresses as I like to call them are ridiculous and can cause huge amounts of lag.

DarthNader

Sorceror
I'd have to say the root of the problem is goza mats. Goza mat fortresses as I like to call them are ridiculous and can cause huge amounts of lag.

huh? :confused: The gazas don't have anything to do with the "fixing" of the ore carts. You can use damaged book piles to stack carts if you wanted to. So not too sure what you mean by the gazas are the problem. Lag problem, yes. Help create awful looking houses, yes. Ore cart problem, don't see it. :p

Bama

Bug Huntress
SVN 656

Implement SE lootpacks for SE enabled shards.
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/scn-656-osi-loot.429885/

The gold for the red solens worker (too high)/warrior (too high)/queen (too low) are wrong
The pay out for doing the Bag of Sending is wrong (too low)
This loot change was implemented at the same time as the loot bump on osi
Publish 26
August/2004
Slightly reduced red & black Solen Warrior and Infiltrator loot and increased Solen Queen loot.
Edit
If you decide to fix any of the problems with the SE lootpack implementation you may want to look at the selling of gems as well

During this time period on osi a diamond could be sold to an NPC jeweler for 198 gold per.
The pricing will be difficult to implement because since the SA expansion the buying and selling prices of gems has changed drastically because of imbuing. ( it may be best to just double the buying price of the NPC because that will be as close as it is/was on osi)
These items should have been bumped as well in SVN 656

Bama

Bug Huntress
SVN 656

Implement SE lootpacks for SE enabled shards.
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/scn-656-osi-loot.429885/
[READY] OSI loot

We are currently gathering data about loot on OSI. I am creating this thread for anyone who wants to assist and post information. We need details from at least 100 kills of each mobile. You must do this with 0 luck.

We do not want information gathered from stratics or uoguide or any other website, it has to be data gathered from an OSI shard. If you get an artifact include that in your information, along with what dungeon you were in so we can gather data on artifact drops at the same time.

If you are working on gathering data on particular spawn please post in this thread so we don't have people working on the same mobiles. Please only post relevant information (anything else will be deleted).

Mobiles done so far:

Air Elemental
Acid Elemental
Black Solen Infiltrators
Blood Elemental
Cyclops
Daemon
Ettin
Fan Dancer
Gargoyle
Lizardmen
Ogre
Ogre Lord
Swoop
Trolls
Tsuki Wolf

The Tsuki Wolf pays off 900+ - 1100+ gold on osi
Not 420 - 455 gold that it pays off here and yes these amounts are on newly spawned demise Tsuki Wolves

Bama

Bug Huntress
[READY] OSI loot

We are currently gathering data about loot on OSI. I am creating this thread for anyone who wants to assist and post information. We need details from at least 100 kills of each mobile. You must do this with 0 luck.

We do not want information gathered from stratics or uoguide or any other website, it has to be data gathered from an OSI shard. If you get an artifact include that in your information, along with what dungeon you were in so we can gather data on artifact drops at the same time.

If you are working on gathering data on particular spawn please post in this thread so we don't have people working on the same mobiles. Please only post relevant information (anything else will be deleted).

Mobiles done so far:

Air Elemental
Acid Elemental
Black Solen Infiltrators
Blood Elemental
Cyclops
Daemon
Ettin
Fan Dancer
Gargoyle
Lizardmen
Ogre
Ogre Lord
Swoop
Trolls
Tsuki Wolf
Black Infiltrators
You have 2 types the warrior and the queen
On osi the warrior will never drop more gold then the queen drops
On demise the warrior is dropping up to the same amount of gold as the queen and sometimes more
Warrior on osi max 250 gold
Warrior on demise has dropped over 300 gold

Bama

Bug Huntress
You have shadow wisps,wisps and shadow wisp (familiar)
What the hell is that wisp is in the wisp dungeon level 2 in Honesty?
Is that suppose to be a dark wisp?
If it is a dark wisp the gold drop on this dark wisp must be increased to 1200+ to 1800+
If it is not suppose to be a dark wisp it is a MoB unique to demise
The dark wisp appeared on all production shards with the shadow lord story arc.Before this event it was only found on Seige Perilous and maybe Mugen
Silent_2-27_09.15-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.