UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 672] Honour Virtue Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
[TESTING-TC] Honour Virtue Bugs

Here is a list of the known problems with Honour:

• 1. Honour should not decay with time - only when you Embrace Honour.

Verified. Fix in progress by Ad. ?

• 2. Any creature already aggressive to you before you Embrace Honour or any creature you attack while Embracing Honour should attack you back.

Verified and also verified (by me ;)) that this is not the case on Demise right now: if you hit a monster it will hit you back - but then it just continues to wander around in a non aggressive state.

Urgent Fix needed.

• 3. Embracing Honour should cost blue dots.

OSI verified, but: How many blue dots do you lose? Update: from Knight you lose one dot on use on OSI and on Demise. Follower you also lose one dot on OSI (tested by Ryne-Demise). Verification needed for Seeker - probably one dot too.

Possible Fix Needed

• 4. Virtue Circle Gump, Status scroll and blue dots should coincide to show the same (correct) level of Honour and give the correct messages when you gain honour.
Verified. Fixed by Ad. ?

• 5. On OSI there is no message "You honour your foe" - only messages explaining why you have NOT been able to honour it.

Verified by I.P.

Fix needed.

• 6. You get a "Yes/No" confirmation gump when you Embrace Honour on OSI.

Verified by IPK.

Fix needed.

• 7. On OSI an "Honourable Battle" does not end when you move 1 screen away or die, but rather only "when the battle ends" 30-40 minutes later.

Verified by IPK.

Fixed by adverserath. ?

• 8. On OSI Embracing Honour lasts longer. (+/- 20mins at Knight?) and there is a 5 mins cool-down period.
Verified by IPK. Verification of duration at Follower and Seeker Needed. Update: Ryne-Demise tested at follower and it lasted 1m 31s.

Fix Needed

• 9. On OSI all creatures can give honour until their Fame is matched.

Verified by adverserath.

Fix in progress by adverserath (?) but numbers need verifying

• 10. Archers, Mages and Tamers can gain honour albeit much more slowly than Melee Fighters.

Verified - UOHerald. But we need OSI verification on exactly how slowly compared to Melee Fighters.

Fix in progress by adverserath (?) but numbers need verifying

• 11. The amount of Honour you gain depends on how closely you stick to the rules of combat:

Honorable combat is defined as:

• Allowing your opponent to damage you first.
  • Engaging in one-on-one combat.
  • Not using ranged weapons, unless you stay in the same spot where you honored your opponent, or you only damage your opponent while adjacent to them.
  • Not allowing your pets or summoned creatures to help you during the battle.
  • Avoiding the use of poison.

Verified.
But definitely Needs OSI verification on how this actually works.

• a) How much honour (how many dots at each level) you get from each Fame point of a vanquished monster. I.P.s research seems to suggest that it is far less on OSI.

• b) How much less honour you get for each rule you break and especially how much less you get for using a pet. I.P.s research seems to suggest that it is far less on OSI.

I believe this actually can be verified reasonably easily. A melee char should kill a creature with an established Fame level following all the rules and see how many dots he gets. Ideally he should then repeat this various times to confirm the same amount is given all the way through each level and to make it easier to see cases of "1.5 dots per monster".

The same char should then use up all his honour by Embracing Honour and then test again ignoring one of the rules, then ignoring two of the rules, etc.

Finally he should test ignoring all the rules except actually honouring his foe.

The same process should then be tested using magery, ranged weapons and finally (and most important) a pet.

I know this sounds like overkill - but just arbitrarily giving x honour is just plain wrong. So is arbitrarily giving Mages x% and Tamers y% without verification.
Doing it like this it will never get implemented by Mark and the Dev team.

Stay Safe

FE

Personally, I think it might be a good idea to put in a fix for the urgent and easy aspects right now (Aggressive monsters should attack you, Honour shouldn't decay over time, coinciding gumps and msgs, confirmation gump for Embracing Honor if this is verified etc) and then put the rest back to "In development" for now.

[VALIDATION NEEDED] Honor gain is wrong

Way to experience: Go on osi, remove young player status/or not, hire an npc, or buy a pet, go out and attack something honoured, and you will gain some honor.
Also on osi, you gain honor from animals small as goats, eagles, or rabbits.
Need to find out how much honor these kills should give, and find out if there is a reduction due to using pets

How it is on Demise: doesnt gain with pets, or on small animals or monsters. (doesnt gain on anything of similar fame or health to ratmen, but gains one on a lizardman, 4 on ettins. I think this should be higher.

Code: None at this time.

Re: Honor gain is wrong

I'll do some similar tests then on demise with a new player. If i do a direct kill with a pet i should gain some honour, but i've tried on a daemon before and got nothing

Yeah, I have just tested this with 2 new characters.
method: new player, buy a dog, find a rabbit, honor it, let the dog rip it apart

on demise: rabbit dies, no honor
osi:rabbit dies, I gain honor.

same test again but without a pet, killing a rabbit:
on demise: do not gain honor.
on osi: I gain honor

killing a daemon with a pet :
on demise: Doesnt gain honor
on osi: what a suprise, it does gain.

rather than the honor being reduced on demise with pets, its just completely removed. And honor is only gained on stronger creatures.
Currently on demise honor is about 110 for a daemon, i have no idea on what it is on osi but i think its higher.
If you kill a rabbit and gain honor on osi, im pretty sure you should get more than 1 honor for killing a lizardman on demise.

I was also just talking to a tamer on osi, he told me that
:he gains honor using his greater dragon.
:you cannot master honor killing daemons
:you can master it killing ogre lords

so ill start looking into this a bit more.
Anyway of knowing how much honor is gained on osi? without having to kill every creature? or 1000 rabbits.

i have just done some tests on an svn and noticed one thing with a piece of code.

if ( from == m_Source )
{
if ( m_Target.CanSee( m_Source ) && m_Target.InLOS( m_Source ) && ( m_Source.InRange( m_Target, 1 )
|| ( m_Source.Location == m_InitialLocation && m_Source.Map == m_InitialMap ) ) )
{
m_HonorDamageTwentieths += amount * 20;
}
else
{
m_HonorDamageTwentieths += amount * 2;
}
}
else if ( from is BaseCreature && ((BaseCreature)from).GetMaster() == from )
{
m_HonorDamageTwentieths += amount;
m_Source.SendLocalizedMessage( m_HonorDamageTwentieths );
}

the last part of this will display the current "m_HonorDamageTwentieths" value when a pet hits a target. However it is always 0.

I tested with melee aswell, the first hit shown 60 as the m_HonorDamageTwentieths, then the melee was stopped, and the pet was sent in, this stayed at 60 until the beast was dead.

xantier

Sorceror
Honor Problems

In Demise :
-Honorable Fight ends when you die.
-Honorable Fight ends when you run only 1 screen away
-Embrace works but a monsters doesnt attack you even you attack it.

OSI :
-Honorable Fight ends only when you flee from combat (about 30-40 mins.)
-And the creatures you are attacking ignore honor embrace.

Ah and in OSI, it asks you if you are sure before embracing honor. (Okay cancel dialog.)

fixed the pet issue, the code should say:
else if ( from is BaseCreature && ((BaseCreature)from).GetMaster() == m_Source)
{
m_HonorDamageTwentieths += amount;
}

that bit needs updating.
However, a pet killing a balron only gains 0.74 honor, and an archer/mage on the move only gains 1.4 honor, when a warrior who can run around freely gains 280.
Another requirement is not having the first hit, which provides 10% more honor, maybe moving should be 20% less, and using pets should be 40% less. Also add a minimum of 1 honor gain, allowing all animals to give a gain, even rabbits like osi.

If honor was given at 1/120th of the beasts fame then it would be possible to gain fame on all monsters, even rabbits (who have 150 fame), with a minimum of 1 honor.

daemons would give 125 honor, and balrons would give 200 which is the maximum.

Also gaining fame off rabbits would only work until the honor is greater than the fame of the rabbit.

also according to the tamers I talked to on osi, they can master honor killing ogre lords, but not daemons. Therefore orge lords must have 20000 fame on osi, here they only have 15000 (same as daemon).

just look at the difference between them, its clear that artic orge lords are worth alot more fame.
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=375
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=105

Re: Honor Problems

it doesnt end when you move, its just 10 times less the gain, so it doesnt register as more than 1. Then you get no gain. There is a bug report above this one, which is just the same really. Ill add the other problems to it.

Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Honor gain is wrong

Yes, and stratics isn't right about everything. I used them links to show the difference in power between them. Is there any way to check thier fame on osi? If its possible to get max honor on them it must be at least 20000.

Currently i have fixed a few things on this, which needs testing. Honor times out after 40 minutes not on death, rangers and mages get 90% honor and tamers get 60%. All animals now give honor until their fame is matched. The pet bug was fixed to have the correct owner. I will submit a patch later, i'm currently on my phone.

Athena

Account Terminated

adverserath;680245 said:
Yes, and stratics isn't right about everything. I used them links to show the difference in power between them. Is there any way to check thier fame on osi? If its possible to get max honor on them it must be at least 20000.

If you take a look at the link I provided, it shows on UO's own site that their fame is 15000.

silvertiger

Knight
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Two Virtue Bugs

private static readonly TimeSpan LossDelay = TimeSpan.FromDays( 7.0 );
private static readonly int LossAmount = 500;

Is this our party pooper?

*EDIT* There's actually more than just this. I think the only thing needed is deletion of a bunch of stuff, but which stuff is the question.

*EDIT#2* When did OSI remove the "I Honor You" In the script it reads:

// OSI apparently removed this message... it's nice though
source.Say( 1063231 ); // I honor you

We need to know if this phrase has been removed from OSI and if it should stay or be removed, so that we are OSI like. This also makes me wonder about other scripts. Do other scripts have messages to the script readers that may have crucial info saying that this script is done how the scripter wants in and maybe not as it should be?

ah didnt see that post. It also shows artic as 15k.
Either way, I have validated the following things..

-Tamers/mages/rangers gain honor a lot higher on osi. not at 10 or 20 times less, which ends up being 400 times less.
-If you die you do not stop honoring
-honor stop after approximately 40 minutes. (2 in game hours)
- you do gain on small animals ( the current formula stops any beast with less than 1415 fame giving out honor.
(dgain*dgain)/2000000
dgain as a variable can only be the monsters fame maximum, and the sqrt of 2000000 is 1415. If a monster has the fame 1414 then no honor is given.

currently, a tamer earns 1/20th of the fame, so in order to get fame they would require a kill on something with the fame 28300, just to get 1 fame, when a warrior gets 108 for a daemon.

I.P.Knightly;680683 said:
Does the gaining in this virtue take longer to gain the further you go?
Such as Sacrifice Compassion Valor. When you get to the final path of these virtues the gains are painfully slow.Does this not hold true for Honor.

Yes.

On Demise it actually gets harder every dot, not every path. A sort of sliding scale.

The final 2 dots to get Knight require killing about 4/5 succubi (24k Fame) for each dot.

NB: on Demise you can only gain the last 2 dots from creatures with over +/-20k fame (18k gets you no Honour).

FE

the demise codes states that:
seeker-each dot is 400
follower- each dot is 600
knight- each dot is 1000

in virtueinfogump.cs

so 800/24=33 which is 1/3rd of what a melee battle would give you.
would mage be 2/3rds?

Status
Not open for further replies.