UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 672] Honour Virtue Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Honor gain is wrong

adverserath;680897 said:
the demise codes states that:
seeker-each dot is 400
follower- each dot is 600
knight- each dot is 1000

in virtueinfogump.cs

so 800/24=33 which is 1/3rd of what a melee battle would give you.
would mage be 2/3rds?

Remember there is a discrepancy on Demise about when the gump tells you you have reached Knight and when you actually do.

I am 100% sure that you stop gaining Honour from 18k fame creatures 2 dots before you reach Knight. (And you lose Knight again after losing only 1 dot.)

FE

FE, that makes absolute sense and is still the case. All monsters will stop giving honor when their fame is matched.

seeker-each dot is 400 (0-3999) ;ettins will stop giving honor at 3000
follower- each dot is 600(4000-9999) ;drake stops giving honor at 5500
knight- each dot is 1000(10000-20000) ;hiyrus stop giving honor at 18000

Here is my suggested fix for this. All animals/monsters will now give honor until their fame is matched by honor, including low level animals such as rabbits, birds, ratmen...anything with less than 1415 fame.

Pets are now linked to their owner( not themselves) so fame can be given

Using a pet gives 34% of the honor melee gives, not 5%. which when processed in dGain gave 0.25%.

the calculation for honor no longer squares and divdes by 2mil. Now its a direct divide, giving a better range of honor for all creatures.

Variable added to playermobile to get honor time.
Honoring an opponent is not canceled upon death, it now lasts 40 minutes, and displays a message to let you know it has stopped. (for samurais in long battles)

Attachments

• honor_gain.diff
    2.7 KB · Views: 3

// You have not started on the path of this Virtue.
// You have barely begun your journey through the path of this Virtue.
// You have progressed in this Virtue, but still have much to do.
// Your journey through the path of this Virtue is going well.
// You feel very close to achieving your next path in this Virtue.
// You have achieved a path in this Virtue.
// You have achieved the highest path in this Virtue.

do these only display once?
so when you are near follower it doesnt say "you are close to achieving" and when you get one it should say "you achieved"

okay, i have fixed both of them problem. The honor loss was isnt really fixed. I just set it to 0 loss. Then it can be added easily if it ever needs to be. The title one should be fine now.
Ive not really done a great deal of testing on these though, and its 5am so im going bed. Back later i guess.

FILE HAS BEEN CHANGED, removed the honor CheckAtrophy all together from honor and playermobile.

Re: [CODER NEEDED] Two Virtue Bugs

// OSI apparently removed this message... it's nice though
source.Say( 1063231 ); // I honor you
This is true, but i also like it being here. If anything I think we should make saying "I honor you" bring up the target. Then it could be used in razor :D

if( value < 1 )
// You have not started on the path of this Virtue.
else if( value < 400 )
// You have barely begun your journey through the path of this Virtue.
else if( value < 2000 )
// You have progressed in this Virtue, but still have much to do.
else if( value < 3600 )
else if( value < 4000 )
// You 46feel very close to achieving your next path in this Virtue.

else if( dots < 1 )
// You have achieved a path in this Virtue.
else if( dots < 9 )
else if( dots < 10 )
// You feel very close to achieving your next path in this Virtue.
else
// You have achieved the highest path in this Virtue.

here are my displays. The first set before you reach seeker will display the set based on the players current value. Once you have gained a path the text will be based on how many dots have been filled, showing each path gain and stating when you are nearly at a new level.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Two Virtue Bugs

I've merged both virtue threads, but the honor decay is going to need to be fixed before I move this to testing. I don't like moving patches that only partially fix something into Testing.

Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Virtue Bugs

honor decay is fixed in the last patch i uploaded. The weekly loss has been removed from playermobile.cs, and honor.cs, and the loss now comes from the usage of honor (5% loss on use)

Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Virtue Bugs

This should be everything
Fixed:

• Honor isnt lost over time, but is lost on use. (5% loss)
  • The virtue gump now shows all dots correctly, as well as appropriate text and titles.
  • Honorable Fight doesnt end on death, now 40 minutes.
  • rangers and mages get 66% honor and tamers get 33%.
  • All animals now give honor until their fame is matched.
  • The pet bug was fixed to have the correct owner.
  • Honor doesnt end when you leave the screen, or world (as on osi)
  • you do gain on small animals ( the current formula stops any beast with less than 1415 fame giving out honor.
DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• honor_update.diff
    8.6 KB · Views: 9
Re: [TESTING] Virtue Bugs

well that makes sense to their fame. is there any chance osi nerfed fame on creatures for ML? then didnt update their site.

Oki, fist of all - thanks a bunch for getting this fix moving, Adverserath :)

There are a few things I am worried about though - Maybe the most important is #2. - this requires an urgent fix!

Here is a list of the known problems with Honour:

• 1. Honour should not decay with time - only when you Embrace Honour.

Verified. Fixed by Ad.

• 2. Any creature already aggressive to you before you Embrace Honour or any creature you attack while Embracing Honour should attack you back.

Verified and also verified (by me ;)) that this is not the case on Demise right now: if you hit a monster it will hit you back - but then it just continues to wander around in a non aggressive state.

Urgent Fix needed.

• 3. Embracing Honour should cost blue dots.

OSI verified, but: How many blue dots do you lose? Do you always lose the same number of dots (using it from Knight, using it from Seeker etc). Update: from Knight you lose one dot on use on OSI and on Demise. Verification needed for Seeker and Follower.

Possibly Fix Needed

• 4. Virtue Circle Gump, Status scroll and blue dots should coincide to show the same (correct) level of Honour and give the correct messages when you gain honour.
Verified. Fixed by Ad.

• 5. On OSI there is no message "You honour your foe" - only messages explaining why you have NOT been able to honour it.

Verified by I.P.

Fix needed.

• 6. You get a "Yes/No" confirmation gump when you Embrace Honour on OSI.

Verified by IPK.

Fix needed.

• 7. On OSI an "Honourable Battle" does not end when you move 1 screen away or die, but rather only "when the battle ends" 30-40 minutes later.

Verified by IPK.

Fixed by adverserath.

• 8. On OSI Embracing Honour lasts longer. (+/- 20mins at Knight)
Verified by IPK. Verification of duration at Follower and Seeker Needed

Fix Needed

• 9. On OSI all creatures can give honour until their Fame is matched.

Verified by adverserath.

Fix in progress by adverserath but numbers need verifying

• 10. Archers, Mages and Tamers can gain honour albeit much more slowly than Melee Fighters.

Verified - UOHerald. But we need OSI verification on exactly how slowly compared to Melee Fighters.

Fix in progress by adverserath but numbers need verifying

• 11. The amount of Honour you gain depends on how closely you stick to the rules of combat:

Honorable combat is defined as:

• Allowing your opponent to damage you first.
  • Engaging in one-on-one combat.
  • Not using ranged weapons, unless you stay in the same spot where you honored your opponent, or you only damage your opponent while adjacent to them.
  • Not allowing your pets or summoned creatures to help you during the battle.
  • Avoiding the use of poison.

Verified.
But definitely Needs OSI verification on how this actually works.

• a) How much honour (how many dots at each level) you get from each Fame point of a vanquished monster. I.P.s research seems to suggest that it is far less on OSI.

• b) How much less honour you get for each rule you break and especially how much less you get for using a pet. I.P.s research seems to suggest that it is far less on OSI.

I believe this actually can be verified reasonably easily. A melee char should kill a creature with an established Fame level following all the rules and see how many dots he gets. Ideally he should then repeat this various times to confirm the same amount is given all the way through each level and to make it easier to see cases of "1.5 dots per monster".

The same char should then use up all his honour by Embracing Honour and then test again ignoring one of the rules, then ignoring two of the rules, etc.

Finally he should test ignoring all the rules except actually honouring his foe.

The same process should then be tested using magery, ranged weapons and finally (and most important) a pet.

I know this sounds like overkill - but just arbitrarily giving x honour is just plain wrong. So is arbitrarily giving Mages x% and Tamers y% without verification.
Doing it like this it will never get implemented by Mark and the Dev team.

Stay Safe

FE

Personally, I think it might be a good idea to put in a fix for the urgent and easy aspects right now (Aggressive monsters should attack you, Honour shouldn't decay over time, coinciding gumps and msgs, confirmation gump for Embracing Honor if this is verified etc) and then put the rest back to "In development" for now.

Oh, and maybe Athena could change the title to "Honour Virtue Bugs" - I will post another report for the other Virtues when I have a moment.

just a thought, but maybe osi changes the fame level of the creature when the rules are broken, not the honor.

so killing a hiryu with a pet would set the fame at 16,000, and if you kill by melee it might be 18000.
if you take off 12.5% off 18000 you get 16000. which means daemons should give 13333, and succubus 21333.

if you can kill a hiryu by melee it would disprove this. (or any animal/monster)
just kill something with a pet until it doesnt give anymore honor, then melee kill one after it.

its worth a try :)

interesting, thats more honor than my fix. i think i give about 23 honor on ettins. currently on demise you get 8.
where i divide dgain by 130, that should be 100, to give 30 honor. makes sense.
hiryu should give 180
daemon 150

Used my mage to work honor on ettins
I invoked the virtue
Did not move
1 vs 1
Let them hit me first
Did not use a pet/summon
Did not use poison
It took me 13 kills to get the first dot.
if this test was done again with a tamer, we could find out exactly they gain.

also killing 2 succubus's from 0 honor you should get 1 dot.

Let's stop this drama and return in-topic, shall we? :)

About the "I honor you" message, Jeff suggests it was removed with AoS.
Code:
[17:59] <@Jeff> i think it was removed in AOS
[18:00] <Nikki> if it's era specific then you would add an era specific flag not a personal flag
[18:00] <Shino90> what Jeff said :P
[18:00] <Shino90> yeah, wasn't sure if it was era specific
[18:00] <@Jeff> it should be if(!Core.AOS)

is there an OSI old-schooler confirming it?

Just some more useful OSI verified info to help get the numbers right:

a few tests on Ettins

Using my mage

Following the guidelines that define honourable combat

13 honor kills = 1 dot

Following the guidelines but taking a step

16 honor kills = 1 dot

Following guidelines but taking a step and casting first

26 honor kills = 1 dot

FE