UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 672] Honour Virtue Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated
As requested, here is the recovered copy of the patch for the virtue system.

Attachments

• honorandvirtue_complete.diff
    12.2 KB · Views: 15

Bama

Bug Huntress
Jaasso may have been on to something
some of those arent fixed but this is in complete
Run/UO
- lets you use the honor virtue from 12 tiles away - EA shards are 8 tiles away
- lets you honor your pet (not a big problem) - EA shards won't let you
- does not let you gain any more points in Honor once you become a Knight - EA shards let you gain more Honor points.
EA Shards
I am (using a tamer) to the point where every 4th Succubus now will let me gain Honor. Though the use of Virtues on EA shards has changed post ML (examples - now Honor decays over time and Sacrifice can be used as many times as you like as long as you have enough points and Compassion points are used when you rez a person or a pet and not over time etc etc)

So when I lose Honor points (as in no longer a Knight) over time instead of losing it using the Virtue the amount of Succubus I need to kill is not always the same amount to get back that 1 dot to make me a Knight again

I have been using this virtue and have become a Knight of Honor in a fraction of the time it took me to do this on an EA shard
On RUN/UO once Daemons no longer give Honor points and you must kill Balron and Succubus you will achieve Knight very quickly those couple of dots are easy to fill maybe too easy
I am not 100% sure and I don't know how to find out the exact numbers but the ones below might be off (The Knight path for sure is not right).

Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Honor gain is wrong

the demise codes states that:
seeker-each dot is 400
follower- each dot is 600
knight- each dot is 1000

in virtueinfogump.cs

so 800/24=33 which is 1/3rd of what a melee battle would give you.
would mage be 2/3rds?

If the numbers are indeed correct then the way points are given is not right.Either way it is not difficult nor is it a grind to become a Knight of Honor on RUN/UO

Here is a post by Ryne grinding away to gain Honor on an EA Shard
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Honour Virtue Bugs

• 10. Archers, Mages and Tamers can gain honour albeit much more slowly than Melee Fighters.
Verified - UOHerald. But we need OSI verification on exactly how slowly compared to Melee Fighters.

Fix in progress by adverserath but numbers need verifying

I made some tests with my pet Hiryu in OSI;

Honor status: Follower (2 dots)

First of all, I have embraced honor on myself 2 times and every time I've lost 1 dot. So, I was basically planning to start testing with zero dots in follower status.

Each embrace lasted for 1 min. 31 sec.
Honor recast delay : 5 mins

and became as;

Honor status: Follower (no dots)

Ettins : No gain
Ogres : No gain
Ogre Lords : Got first dot after 6 kills. So, dots aren't saying everything. There was some invisible points accumulated in follower status and we can't see them.

Ogre Lords : Got second dot after 50 kills.

Sphynx (same fame as ogre lords) : Got third dot after 111 kills.

And believe me it was veeery boring test :( I think there is a curve but I'm not sure if it's linear or logarithmic.

Bama

Bug Huntress
I made it to Knight of Honor using a tamer character.
On RUN/UO
- you do not gain any more Honor points once you reach Knight
- you lose 1 full dot when you embrace Honor
I embraced Honor and I was no longer a Knight
I went to kill Succubus to count how many I would need to honor and kill to get back that 1 dot

Honorable combat is defined as:
  • Allowing your opponent to damage you first. - Half of the ones I killed hit me first
  • Engaging in one-on-one combat. - I used a tamer I never hit any of them
  • Not using ranged weapons, unless you stay in the same spot where you honored your opponent, or you only damage your opponent while adjacent to them. - I never stayed in the spot I honored them,I lured them all down a hallway after I honored them
  • Not allowing your pets or summoned creatures to help you during the battle. My pet killed every one of them
  • Avoiding the use of poison. - I never used poison on any of them
It took 6 kills to get back the 1 dot something is not right here.It would take 40+ Succubus kills to fill that 1 dot killing them on EA Shards the way I killed them on RUN/UO

Status
Not open for further replies.