UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Embracing Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muggz

Sorceror
[SVN] Embracing Honor

OSI: You can activate Embrace Honor by double-clicking the Honor icon on the Virtue gump, and then targeting yourself. Activating this ability will cause all monsters to ignore you for a limited amount of time. The duration you embrace your Honor increases as you achieve higher levels on the path of Honor.

Demise: When you do the above you get it to activate and the timer for it and all EXCEPT it does nothing.

Supporting Links:
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30532
http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=154
http://www.uoguide.com/Honor

Changes Needed: Add in some code to make embracing Honor Actually do something.

Muggz

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Embracing Honor

I noticed it a very long time ago actually but forgot untill recently.

Looking into the Honor script I noticed that it is finished in there. Whoever coded Honor just forgot to add a couple Lines to BaseAI.cs and BaseCreature.cs that is probablly pretty damn simple to do.

Muggz

Sorceror

Yea all this really needs is someone that knows how and where to put the checks in for when NPCs are finding targets or whatever. Just about the same as Ethereal Voyage I'd say.

MalGanis

Sorceror

Yes i does require some ai edits, but since ai is being rewritten by Ravenal, i'd wait with this one.

Muggz

Sorceror

Blah guess I'll take a break from raising honor then. Oh and YAY for AI updates finally!

Muggz

Sorceror

Oh forgot to say. Xavier mentioned that just because AI is being reworked there is no reason to put this on hold. It will probably be quiet awhile before AI is all finished and this needs only a couple quick things.

I would do it but I have no clue really of how. So if anyone is up to the task go for it.

Ravenal

Knight

Muggz;622791 said:
Oh forgot to say. Xavier mentioned that just because AI is being reworked there is no reason to put this on hold. It will probably be quiet awhile before AI is all finished and this needs only a couple quick things.

I would do it but I have no clue really of how. So if anyone is up to the task go for it.

Hehe, actually the code is and has been done for awhile now, its just a matter of getting on the next test center cycle...

Xavier

Account Terminated

Ravenal;624463 said:
Hehe, actually the code is and has been done for awhile now, its just a matter of getting on the next test center cycle...

Its been about a week since you gave me the first (read: first non-UTF-8 wtf?!) copy... and as per our PM on IRC - someone is going to have to go through and edit every mobile in the game to use it. If youve changed your mind about not wanting to do that, then it very well may be done sooner.

And BTW! I still dont see the development thread you said youd make! RAWR

Ravenal

Knight

SRC Xavier;624515 said:
Its been about a week since you gave me the first (read: first non-UTF-8 wtf?!) copy... and as per our PM on IRC - someone is going to have to go through and edit every mobile in the game to use it. If youve changed your mind about not wanting to do that, then it very well may be done sooner.

And BTW! I still dont see the development thread you said youd make! RAWR

Actually it will compile with RunUO most recent svn, the only thing that changed in ALL mobile scripts was the FightMode, because of the new "Assistance" methods that will allow NPC to assist their nearby allies, this the case FightMode does not sound right and was renamed to TargetMode

Muggz

Sorceror

Am I going to have to pull a Pont and offer gold reward for this to get coded?

psz

Administrator

The AI is already listed under Testing (IE: Needs People To Test On Their Own Servers).

Why people aren't working on THIS is beyond me....

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

psz;626779 said:
The AI is already listed under Testing (IE: Needs People To Test On Their Own Servers).

Why people aren't working on THIS is beyond me....

They don't want to be challenged in PvM. They like the easy farming that Demise currently allows.

Lucifall

Knight

Caine;626837 said:
They don't want to be challenged in PvM. They like the easy farming that Demise currently allows.

I concur.

I will try to compile and test it. I will keep you guys informed.

...in the meanwhile, is anyone working on a possible loot bump? If the new AI is as good as it's being said here, it may be plain frustrating to do PvM if the loot isn't up to par.

TravisMills

Sorceror

Also on a side note i cant gain honor with my tamer and I can on OSI that needs to be looked into also. I should be able to honor lets say a daemon have my drag kill it and i gain in honor. That way I can tame greater dragons and not get killed.

Muggz

Sorceror

It is possible to gain honor with pets right now but yes the penalty for using them is bigger than osi's.

Status
Not open for further replies.