UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Scroll of Transcendence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiluad

Sorceror
[SVN] Scroll of Transcendence

Missing feature. something else for players to do, especially if skill gain ever gets "nerfed". ;)

• Non-Felucca facets Champ Spawns will now give special rewards for working the spawns
  • Working the Ilshenar spawns gives Transcendence scrolls but not 105 powerscrolls
  • Two types of rewards can be obtained while leveling the spawn: Scrolls of Transcendence (SoT) and 105 Powerscrolls (PS).
- http://update.uo.com/design_512.html

The skill on the Scroll of Transcendence is randomly selected. The number of points per scroll will range from 0.1 to 0.5 in Trammel rulesets, and from 0.6 to 1.0 in Felucca. There is no timer on using these scrolls.

The Scroll of Transcendence are totally independent of the boss. Whenever you work the spawn you get a chance at receiving a 105 or a Scroll of Transcendence scroll. In Trammel, you will only get the Scroll of Transcendence, in Felucca you will get one or the other.
- http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=114865

- Works by killing creatures at any champ spawn.
- This does not include the replica rewards, as the two systems are completely different, and were only introduced at the same time.
- This does not work with luck.
- Every champ spawn has a chance of dropping a prize into your pack; SoT's, but in fel, you could end up with a PS 105, 50/50 chance.
- Fel champ spawns drop .6 to 1.0 (+skill) SoT's, they can be for any skill.
- Tram spawns drop .1 to .5 (+skill) SoT's.
- Will not raise skill above caps
- Will not raise skill caps
- Possible skills are all skills.
- Rate is about 1 in 200-400, im pretty sure anyway, so people aren't GM-ing all skills whenever they feel like it all the time, even though the gains could be for any skill (begging)

Also needed is the ScrollofTranscendence.cs which is attached to this post.
It goes in \Items\Special\Special Scrolls, and the extension/file-format needs to be changed from .txt to .cs

Code:
Index: CannedEvil/ChampionSpawn.cs
===================================================================
--- CannedEvil/ChampionSpawn.cs	(revision 319)
+++ CannedEvil/ChampionSpawn.cs	(working copy)
@@ -383,6 +383,51 @@
 			Start();
 		}

+		private ScrollofTranscendence CreateRandomTramSoT()
+		{
+			int level;
+           		 double random = Utility.RandomDouble();
+			
+           		if     (0.2 >= random) 
+              		 	level = 5;
+           		else if(0.4 >= random)
+            		 	level = 4;
+          		else if(0.6 >= random)
+          		 	level = 3;
+         		else if(0.8 >= random)
+        		 	level = 2;
+      			else   
+       			 	level = 1;
+
+			return ScrollofTranscendence.CreateRandom( level, level );
+		
+		}
+
+		private ScrollofTranscendence CreateRandomFelSoT()
+		{
+			int level;
+           		 double random = Utility.RandomDouble();
+			
+              		 	level = 10;
+            		 	level = 9;
+          		 	level = 8;
+        		 	level = 7;
+      			else   
+       			 	level = 6;
+
+			return ScrollofTranscendence.CreateRandom( level, level );
+		
+		}
+		
+		private PowerScroll CreateRandomFelPS()
+		{
+			return PowerScroll.CreateRandomNoCraft( 5, 5 );
+		}			
+
 		public void OnSlice()
 		{
 			if( !m_Active || Deleted )
@@ -427,10 +472,37 @@
 						if( killer is BaseCreature )
 							killer = ((BaseCreature)killer).GetMaster();

+						if ( Core.ML && Map != Map.Felucca && Map != Map.Malas && killer is PlayerMobile && 0.0055 > Utility.RandomDouble() )
+								{
+								killer.SendLocalizedMessage( 1094936 ); // You have received a Scroll of Transcendence!
+								ScrollofTranscendence SoTT = CreateRandomTramSoT();
+								killer.AddToBackpack( SoTT );							
+								}
+
+						if ( Core.ML && Map == Map.Felucca && killer is PlayerMobile && 0.0055 > Utility.RandomDouble() )
+								{
+							double chance = Utility.RandomDouble();
+								
+								if (0.5 >= chance)
+									{
+									killer.SendLocalizedMessage( 1094936 ); // You have received a Scroll of Transcendence!
+									ScrollofTranscendence SoTF = CreateRandomFelSoT();
+									killer.AddToBackpack( SoTF );
+									}
+								else if (0.5 < chance)
+									{
+									killer.SendLocalizedMessage( 1049524 ); // You have received a scroll of power!
+									PowerScroll PS = CreateRandomFelPS();
+									killer.AddToBackpack( PS );
+									}
+								}
+							
 						if( killer is PlayerMobile )
+
 						{
+							
 							int mobSubLevel = GetSubLevelFor( m ) + 1;
-
+							
 							if( mobSubLevel >= 0 )
 							{
 								bool gainedPath = false;
@@ -473,7 +545,8 @@
 				Respawn();
 			}
 		}
-
+			
+		  
 		public void AdvanceLevel()
 		{
 			m_ExpireTime = DateTime.Now + m_ExpireDelay;

Other notes: the attaced ScrollofTranscendence.txt(cs) file was posted/scripted by Callandor2k.
side not to him: Thanks for pointing out the reason certain things were in the file.

The patch is for leveling the spawn, you kill creatures spawned by a champ spawn, you get a chance of gaining a scroll.

Attachments

• ScrollofTranscendence.cs.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 10

Kiluad

Sorceror
Re: Scroll of Transcendence

Does anyone know why 105 Power scrolls are able to be insured and aren't cursed? in terms of gameplay.

They don't exist on demise, so i assume they aren't on any RUNUO official servers, was there a purpose behind making them void of the curse? anyone know?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

105s are cursed same as the others.

Not to offend the coder: I will say this statement bothers me:

and im lazy, changing PS to SOT was a waste of time.

I'm not sure what you meant by it but it kinda scares me.

LadyCrimson;563606 said:

I believe he was substituting 105 PSes for SOT and then he discovered that isn't what it must be done, thus losing time.

By the way, if we are going to nerf skillgains, I'd like to add this too: Scrolls of Alacrity

http://www.uoguide.com/Scroll_of_Alacrity

since both of methods to acquire them are no more, we could just create them and leave staff to distribute them as rewards during events.

Kiluad

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;563606 said:
105s are cursed same as the others.

No they aren't cursed like others, which is why i asked. i know they are on OSI, but they aren't on runuo.

LadyCrimson;563606 said:
Not to offend the coder: I will say this statement bothers me:

well considering im writing code for free in my spare time, for things i don't even use in game, for people who won't remember or know i ever did it, it must mean im just slapping keys on my keyboard like a monkey because im too lazy to look down at the right ones.....

What that comment meant was, I'm too lazy to do something that's already done. Even if it wasn't done right, it was closer to where it needed to be than starting from scratch... so i just reviewed buddys work on a file, and edited as need be. i also gave him credit for the work he did. Shouldn't scare anyone.

Kiluad

Sorceror

uome;563621 said:
scroll of transcendence = 1094933

thanks, missed that. er i just checked, where did you see the error? it says the right thing on my server when it's awarded.

If it's something to do with the gump, you'll prolly have to add

from.CloseGump(typeof(StatCapScroll.InternalGump));
from.CloseGump(typeof(PowerScroll.InternalGump));
from.CloseGump(typeof(ScrollofTranscendence.InternalGump));

the line in red to statscroll.cs and powerscroll.cs.

else i dunno where the error is.

uome

Bug Hunter

Kiluad;563731 said:
thanks, missed that. er i just checked, where did you see the error?
No error, you said you hadnt renamed the scrolls so i thought id'e find the right cliloc for you.
I fact i havn't looked at this yet.

Kiluad

Sorceror

uome;563761 said:
No error, you said you hadnt renamed the scrolls so i thought id'e find the right cliloc for you.
I fact i havn't looked at this yet.

they are renamed. sorry bout the confusion. and thanks for the help. :)

gilgamash

Knight

Hi all,

about this:

Code:
+              		 	level = 5;
+            		 	level = 4;
+          		 	level = 3;
+        		 	level = 2;
+      			else   
+       			 	level = 1;

are you sure this is supposed to be linear?
G.

Kiluad

Sorceror

Im not sure at all. if you have more info, i'll change it.

The chance's are low, and a .1 skill gain is low too, so i don't think it's suppose to be non linear. even 1 skill point is low, but the odds of even getting the 1 skill point you want is crazy low, you'd have to complete tons of champ spawns. because there's only a 50% chance you'll get a trans scroll in fel if you get a drop while leveling. 0.1 - 0.5 in tram at random seems fair given the low odds.

and like i said, the chances of getting a 0.6 - 1 are even lower.

but it can be changed.

uome

Bug Hunter

Sorry it took so long before i could look at this.

question:
should the 1 skill point scrolls display as 1.0?

question:
Should 105 tailor and smith ps's be dropping at the fel spawns? atm they are.

bug:
It seems i am able to go over my total 720 skill cap using them.
I tried buying skill from an npc to ensure i was at my cap.

The drop rate of sot's and 105's seems fast, might want to double check it?
you mention a 1 in 200/400 drop rate.
it seems almost as if one was being recieved for every 100-200 monsters killed.

Appart from that pretty bug free.
nice work :)

Oh and thaks to everyone who helped with the spawning checks, you know who you are ;)

Tempest

Knight

Well the drop rates for SoTs and 105s look slower than that on OSI... did an Ilsh Rikktor to get Valor up to midway Level 2 and got no SoTs. Did coon to Level 3, got no 105s or SoTs and let it revert. Did it again to Barracoon and got 3 105s and no SoTs.

uome

Bug Hunter

we had 4 people spend 30 minutes in baracoon and came away with 8 105's and 6 sot's.
we checked the tokuno one and valor too.
The first one dropped at valor before the first candle popped up.

gilgamash

Knight

IMHO wee need some more testruns (probability theory...) to check, to at least approximate the level-chances of the drops.

G.

Kiluad

Sorceror

It's going to take a little bit to get a grasp on what OSI is doing, last i read they're still trying to figure out a good distribution system. when they first put it out it was giving way too many.

Re: [Testing Needed] Scroll of Transcendence

Kiluad;563544 said:
Other notes: the attaced ScrollofTranscendence.txt(cs) file was originally the PowerScroll.cs file, which was converted by Callandor2k and posted on the runuo forum, then further edited by myself, because there seemed to be way too much PS residue lingering around, i mostly deleted unnecessary information from it. and im lazy, changing PS to SOT was a waste of time. the patch was all written by me though.

The patch is for leveling the spawn, you kill creatures spawned by a champ spawn, you get a chance of gaining a scroll.

Sorry to bring up a 2 week old thread but.....

That extra ps residue is actually needed. If you look at the code that you removed it was to check for total skill cap. By removing that section you just made it ignore the total skill cap rule.

To check that all you need to do is get your skills at your total skill cap say 700.0 or what ever the cap is now. And then use it. guess what you just gained an extra amount that you shouldn't of been able to get.

And yes I tested it. I set all skills to 40 which is a total of 2220.0 and used your modified SoT with .5 anatomy and guess what it went up that .5. But if you use it as originally written, modified what ever. It will not go past the total skill cap.

They were written by OSI to obey all skill and total skill caps. Not just individual skill caps. If I am not mistaken. But then again I have been known to be wrong every now and then.

uome

Bug Hunter

Callandor2k;578480 said:

That extra ps residue is actually needed. If you look at the code that you removed it was to check for total skill cap. By removing that section you just made it ignore the total skill cap rule.
I had noticed the skillcap issue on testing this version too. Have you got any info on the other questions like the dropping of tailor and bs 105's, the display format of 1skill point scrolls and the drop rates?
Any info you can give us is to try and get this as accurate as possible is appreciated.

Kiluad

Sorceror

Callandor2k;578480 said:

To check that all you need to do is get your skills at your total skill cap say 700.0 or what ever the cap is now. And then use it. guess what you just gained an extra amount that you shouldn't of been able to get.

And yes I tested it. I set all skills to 40 which is a total of 2220.0 and used your modified SoT with .5 anatomy and guess what it went up that .5. But if you use it as originally written, modified what ever. It will not go past the total skill cap.

They were written by OSI to obey all skill and total skill caps. Not just individual skill caps. If I am not mistaken. But then again I have been known to be wrong every now and then.

Awesome, thanks. :)

want to re-post the original version then? I'll add it to the OP.

You are not mistaken about the overall cap, shouldn't give more than 700(+20), thought i did look at that as a reason, guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.