UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN514][Copern] Missing Necromancy Potions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Missing Necromancy Potions

... no one wants to test it?

Anyway, my tests say:
- damage is correct for conflagration potions
- confusion blast works well on monsters.
- Both won't harm players, neither if you are attacking them in Felucca. Exact behaviour as explosion potions.*
- You can throw them in cities, like explosion potions. They should be great for riots!
- They appear in the alchemy gump only in SE and ML

*You know where is the funniest part? A GM could spawn some of them in pre-AoS and throw them... they WILL do damage to players :D

Back on topic, I think it's complete, so I signal it as ready.

gilgamash

Knight

Hi Daed,

small suggestion aiming at less comparisons:

Code:
  int alchemybonus = (int) (m_Caster.Skills.Alchemy.Value);
  if (alchemybonus >= 88) {
    alchemybonus = 7 + (int)(alchembonus/100);
  } else if (alchemybonus >= 63) {
    alchemybonus = 5 + (int)(alchemybonus/75);
  } else if (alchemybonus  >= 50) {
    alchemybonus = 4;
  } else {
    alchemybonus = (int)(alchemybonus / 13);
  }

If ya like, you can replace the type-casting '(int)' with math.floor instructions.

Greets,
G.

WarUO

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;566804 said:
... no one wants to test it?

Anyway, my tests say:
- damage is correct for conflagration potions
- confusion blast works well on monsters.
- Both won't harm players, neither if you are attacking them in Felucca. Exact behaviour as explosion potions.*
- You can throw them in cities, like explosion potions. They should be great for riots!
- They appear in the alchemy gump only in SE and ML

*You know where is the funniest part? A GM could spawn some of them in pre-AoS and throw them... they WILL do damage to players :D

Back on topic, I think it's complete, so I signal it as ready.

I believe the conflag potion is supposed to harm red players in fel even if you don't target them or they don't target you.

WarUO;567128 said:
I believe the conflag potion is supposed to harm red players in fel even if you don't target them or they don't target you.

If it's supposed to work with explosion potions, then yes, also conflag should behave the same way.
Now you told me, I confess I have not tried against a red player, only against a grey. That's why I should be put off-limits by testing :-/

@ gilgamash: I can't do anything in this weekend because I am out from my home and I don't have UO nor the RunUO code on my little eeepc, so I can't change anything. But yes, maybe a math.floor there is better. If you can, could you do it for me and testing it? Thank you :)

WarUO

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;567177 said:
If it's supposed to work with explosion potions, then yes, also conflag should behave the same way.
Now you told me, I confess I have not tried against a red player, only against a grey. That's why I should be put off-limits by testing :-/

lol I was just saying because I remember when I was on OSI I threw one at Yew gate and all the reds ran throught it and I flagged them all.

EvilChild

Knight

if you are blue

explosion potions will damage red and grey players

if you are grey

explosion potions will hit grey or red players

if you are red

explosion potions will hit all players, red grey or blue

They will not hit players who are guilded, partied, allied or otherwise immune to area of effect spells and aggressive summons regardless of what color they are.

Re: [Missing Feature] Missing Necromancy Potions

this should be the ultimate candidate for the actual SVN 335.

Less if statements (tnx gilgamash)
Enhance potions ML cap implemented in Conflagration/Greater conflag potions
and spacelines changed to tabs, so Mark will be happy :)

edit: and all files in 1 diff
edit2: I'm so stupid I correct damage only partially. This new diff should be the definitive.

Attachments

• potions.diff
    26.2 KB · Views: 9

uome

Bug Hunter

So no one thinks anything funny is going on.
Tested and all seems good, i have spoken to daedalus in irc about it.

Signal as ready please :)

emoooo

Sorceror

minimum skill for crafting greater conflagration and confusion blast should be 65 alchemy. I noticed some difference in confagration damage, ill do some tests and report the numbers.

emoooo;577200 said:
minimum skill for crafting greater conflagration and confusion blast should be 65 alchemy. I noticed some difference in confagration damage, ill do some tests and report the numbers.

... and to say when I got this from MalGanis and tweaked it, I was sure it was following OSI :D Conflag damage matches Stratics though, same as Alchemy skill to craft them ;)

Ok, let's listen how it is in OSI...

p.s. don't forget the JoAT in Alchemy :p

emoooo

Sorceror

Both tests done on elves.
OSI:
0 Alchemy, 0 EP -> 4-8 damage
100 Alchemy, 0 EP -> 16-20 damage
100 Alchemy, 30 EP -> 20-25 damage
RunUO:
100 Alchemy, 0 EP -> 12-16 damage
100 Alchemy, 30 EP -> 16-20 damage

looks like the formula for alch bonus from stratics is outdated.
I tested different skills in alchemy, here are the numbers
0 Alch -> 4-8
33.3 Alch -> 6-11
66.6 Alch -> 10-15
100 Alch ->16-20
The linear function
damage += (12*Alchemy) / 100
seems to be really close, although its off by 1 point sometimes.

emoooo;577271 said:
Both tests done on elves.
OSI:
100 Alchemy, 0 EP -> 16-20 damage
100 Alchemy, 30 EP -> 20-25 damage
RunUO:
100 Alchemy, 0 EP -> 12-16 damage
100 Alchemy, 30 EP -> 16-20 damage

looks like the formula for alch bonus from stratics is outdated.
I tested different skills in alchemy, here are the numbers
0 Alch -> 4-8
33.3 Alch -> 7-11
66.6 Alch -> 10-15
100 Alch ->16-20
The linear function
damage += (12*Alchemy) / 100
seems to be really close, although its off by 1 point sometimes.

3 questions:

1) is this tested with? Conflag or Greater conflag? Are base damage correct? (2-4 for conflag, 4-8 for greater conflag)
2) Can you say 25, 50, 75 alchemy skill has no influence? I mean, 50 alchemy gives you a value, 49.9 a lesser value.
3) Is this a linear function, or it goes by grades as it is in Stratics calculator? Should Math.Floor be added? Could it be 1 point every 13 skill as Stratics suggest? (in that case, 12 alchemy = 4-8 damage; 13 alchemy = 5-9 damage) [I answer myself to the last question: no]

Another question by uome :)
Do they have an impact on karma, while using or crafting them?

Argh, another question! Sorry but they come in my mind one at time :p

If the minimum skill required for Greater conflag/confusion is 65, can you tell me:
- which is the % chance at 65 alchemy
- which is the % chance at 100 alchemy
- how much every 0.1 point in alchemy influences % chance

emoooo

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;577274 said:
3 questions:

1) is this tested with? Conflag or Greater conflag? Are base damage correct? (2-4 for conflag, 4-8 for greater conflag)
2) Can you say 25, 50, 75 alchemy skill has no influence? I mean, 50 alchemy gives you a value, 49.9 a lesser value.
3) Is this a linear function, or it goes by grades as it is in Stratics calculator? Should Math.Floor be added? Could it be 1 point every 13 skill as Stratics suggest? (in that case, 12 alchemy = 4-8 damage; 13 alchemy = 5-9 damage)

1) this is greater conflag, base damage is correct.
2) ill test that in a minute.
3) it's a linear function that I just made up. The stratics system (1point every 13 skill) doesn't seem to work, because the damage can only go up to 16. With no EP and GM alch I just did 20 damage on 0% fire resist creatures.
Should Math.Floor be added?
yes it has to be rounded down.
Another question by uome
Do they have an impact on karma, while using or crafting them?
nope you don't lose karma when you use or craft them

After a long test with emoooo...
this is the new table. OSI is really difficult to understand here... at some values are differences only in + 1 in minimum damage or maximum damage...

This is a really valid approximation. It matches OSI at 95%.
Every 25-50-75-100 skill you get 2 damage bonus points instead of 1.
Code:
                    int alchemybonus = (int) (m_Caster.Skills.Alchemy.Value);
                    if (alchemybonus >= 0 && alchemybonus < 13) { alchemybonus = 0 ;}
                    else if (alchemybonus >= 13 && alchemybonus < 25) { alchemybonus = 1 ;}
                    else if (alchemybonus >= 25 && alchemybonus < 38) { alchemybonus = 3 ;}
                    else if (alchemybonus >= 38 && alchemybonus < 50) { alchemybonus = 4 ;}
                    else if (alchemybonus >= 50 && alchemybonus < 63) { alchemybonus = 6 ;}
                    else if (alchemybonus >= 63 && alchemybonus < 75) { alchemybonus = 7 ;}
                    else if (alchemybonus >= 75 && alchemybonus < 88) { alchemybonus = 9 ;}
                    else if (alchemybonus >= 88 && alchemybonus < 100) { alchemybonus = 10 ;}
                    else if (alchemybonus == 100) { alchemybonus = 12 ;}
I ask gilgamash or someone else if it's possible to write the same thing using less if statements. I can't find a way to use the previous method in this situation...

EDIT: not necessary anymore. Nikki showed me how stupid in maths I am :p
Code:
                    int alchemyskill = m_Caster.Skills.Alchemy.Fixed;
                    int alchemybonus = alchemyskill / 125 + alchemyskill / 250 ;

2 lines to do the trick :-/

OK, corrected this and the other fact about min skill for alchemy, here you are:

http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showpost.php?p=576066&postcount=27

last test please!

someone could test if you can use these potions in a guardzone in OSI? Thank you :)

uome

Bug Hunter

Latest report.

the timer on these may need revising:
when you set a last object key you can throw more than one potion. You have to throw it before the potion takes effect, once the potions effect is seen you cannot throw more.

Necro Potions:
Singles are correct
Multiple stacked should be "2 conflagration potions" not "2 a conflagration potion" (note both the article and missing "s")

Classic Potions:
Single Potions should be "A refresh potion" not "refresh potion"
Multiple stacked should be "2 refresh potions" not "2 refresh potion"

Confusion potions:
Should there be a message displayed by any monster affected by the confusion pots?
cliloc 1076539 "looks confused" for example.
May need an osi test to check.

thats it.
Thanks to FE for helping :)

emoooo

Sorceror

uome;580933 said:
Confusion potions:
Should there be a message displayed by any monster affected by the confusion pots?
nope.

uome

Bug Hunter

Well thats one solved, thanks emoooo :)

uome;580933 said:
Latest report.

when you set a last object key you can throw more than one potion. You have to throw it before the potion takes effect, once the potions effect is seen you cannot throw more.

Necro Potions:
Singles are correct
Multiple stacked should be "2 conflagration potions" not "2 a conflagration potion" (note both the article and missing "s")

Classic Potions:

Confusion potions:

thats it.
Thanks to FE for helping :)

I'd add also (but I don't know if it's so in OSI):

if you use a conflag/confusion potion that is on floor, and not in your backpack, you will see a potion flying against the target AND the same potion on the floor you have used. The potion you have used will disappear ony when the effect happens (fire field, confusion blast...)

uome

Bug Hunter

Working good for conflag potions but needs the same doing to confusion blast.

Necro Potions:
Singles are correct

Classic Potions:
Apperantly they are like this on osi, so no need to worry about this.

osd_daedalus;581092 said:
I'd add also (but I don't know if it's so in OSI):

if you use a conflag/confusion potion that is on floor, and not in your backpack, you will see a potion flying against the target AND the same potion on the floor you have used. The potion you have used will disappear ony when the effect happens (fire field, confusion blast...)
I have tried to re-use, pick up ect the left over potion but even though the grapic reamins for a little the potion does actualy seem to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.