UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN514][Copern] Missing Necromancy Potions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copern

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING-TC] [Copern] Missing Necromancy Potions

Had a quick look on OSI and Night Sight, Conflag, and Confusion all appear as black bottles in the craft menu.

Edit: When crafted they look like the bottles in I.P.'s screenshot below.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

WarUO;690732 said:
Uo herald says that night sight is a gray potion and conflag and confusion are both black.

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=27

That is strange because in game the conflag potion is a bright orange color and confusion is a blue color.

You are right War

Attachments

• a vorpal bunny_1-21_13.51.jpg
    a vorpal bunny_1-21_13.51.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 38
  • a vorpal bunny_1-21_13.53.jpg
    a vorpal bunny_1-21_13.53.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 39

Copern

Sorceror

So when I was checking the craft menu on OSI TC to see what they looked like in there I decided to create a few confusion blast potions. I went around and threw them. The first time I had a smaller half circle on the west side and larger half circle on the east side. The second time I had a smaller half circle on the east side and larger half circle on the west side (like the effect we have now). The third time I threw it... It was a full complete circle. I'm starting to think it's more of a problem with the way the circle is drawn. I think technically it's supposed to be a full circle but it might be a problem with the client (or perhaps server side) that's causing it to not show a complete circle all the time.

I.P.Knightly;690752 said:
You are right War

Yea, but it's only because they are "painted" (= get a hue assigned) after they are crafted.

In screenshots I took also some of ML potions since people in Stratics forums tell there is an issue between Invisibility and Confusion Blast being recognized in macros as same potion.

Here I show you how Razor recognizes Nightsight, Conflagrations and Confusion Blasts as same potions, since they share same ItemID.

Look at the title bar, even if it got partially deleted by timestamp.

Attachments

• Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.44.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.44.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.44-1.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.44-1.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 38
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.45.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.45.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.45-1.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.45-1.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.45-2.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.45-2.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 38
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.54.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.54.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 39
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.55.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.55.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.58.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_20.58.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 37

Copern;690753 said:
So when I was checking the craft menu on OSI TC to see what they looked like in there I decided to create a few confusion blast potions. I went around and threw them. The first time I had a smaller half circle on the west side and larger half circle on the east side. The second time I had a smaller half circle on the east side and larger half circle on the west side (like the effect we have now). The third time I threw it... It was a full complete circle. I'm starting to think it's more of a problem with the way the circle is drawn. I think technically it's supposed to be a full circle but it might be a problem with the client (or perhaps server side) that's causing it to not show a complete circle all the time.

Just some minutes ago, we tested it togheter, and yes the effect is a full circle. (you know how much I want to kill you for this, Xavier? :D)

Eventual delays are caused by something that is lag or who knows about client/server.
Curious, seems the circle starts from the western point and proceeds to render both sides.

Here's screenshots, got while I was repeatedly pressing the screenshot hotkey :p

I throw 2 greater confusion blasts (one shows it's a full circle, the other one shows a part that is "rendered" before but it takes like 0.1 seconds to become a full one) and a normal confusion blast.
In screenshot I say I throw conflagrations, but it's an error of course :-P

Look at timestamps!!

Attachments

• Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-1.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-1.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-2.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-2.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-3.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-3.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-4.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-4.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-8.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-8.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-9.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.23-9.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.25-3.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.25-3.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.25-4.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.25-4.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.25-5.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.25-5.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.25-6.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.25-6.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.25-7.jpg
    Daedalus Reborn_1-21_21.25-7.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 36

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Copern;690751 said:
Had a quick look on OSI and Night Sight, Conflag, and Confusion all appear as black bottles in the craft menu.

Edit: When crafted they look like the bottles in I.P.'s screenshot below.

osd_daedalus;690754 said:
Yea, but it's only because they are "painted" (= get a hue assigned) after they are crafted.

In screenshots I took also some of ML potions since people in Stratics forums tell there is an issue between Invisibility and Confusion Blast being recognized in macros as same potion.

Here I show you how Razor recognizes Nightsight, Conflagrations and Confusion Blasts as same potions, since they share same ItemID.

Look at the title bar, even if it got partially deleted by timestamp.

So you want them "painted" before you craft them?
What is the problem?
Razor does not identify?
Razor thinks all ore is 19B9 from iron to valorite unless you convert by type

Anyway War is still right about the colors they are

uome

Bug Hunter

[22:16] <Daedalus> maybe it would be necessary to do 2 half-circles
[22:17] <uome> the half bits confuse me
[22:17] <Daedalus> yep me too
[22:17] <uome> is that an osi bug
[22:17] <uome> lol
[22:17] <Daedalus> hehe
[22:17] <Daedalus> effectively... a blast should always spread on circle
[22:17] <uome> making it appear all at once is a but better?
[22:18] <Daedalus> hmmm... let's see what they say
osd_daedalus;690761 said:
Just some minutes ago, we tested it togheter, and yes the effect is a full circle. (you know how much I want to kill you for this, Xavier? :D)
LOL :eek:

Good to hear the colour of the pots in the crafting gump is correct though, thanks WarUO :)

Copern

Sorceror

I'll post a patch today with the change now we've confirmed it's a full circle.

I.P.Knightly;690763 said:
So you want them "painted" before you craft them?
What is the problem?
Razor does not identify?
Razor thinks all ore is 19B9 from iron to valorite unless you convert by type

Anyway War is still right about the colors they are

now really I don't understand.

Anyway I proven what is in patch is OSI-like so it's OK for me.

Xavier

Account Terminated

Copern;690770 said:
I'll post a patch today with the change now we've confirmed it's a full circle.

I posted a VIDEO of them earlier in this thread... its two half circles.

Seer Xavier;690772 said:
I posted a VIDEO of them earlier in this thread... its two half circles.

NO! It's a bigger part of a circle + another little part that circle, but dimaensions makes them similar to half circles.
Don't make them now "half circles" just to save you :D

seriously... when I did the "half circle" formula, I had an issue some parts of the half circle were rendered after a delay, but Nikki in IRC wasn't able to reproduce it. I suspect it's an issue of same nature, and client sided (server lag in a private local shard with only me?)

osd_daedalus;681895 said:
part of the halfcircles, especially the second one, is not immediately "rendered", like the "for" loop at a certain point... locks up, then it returns working after 0.5 seconds.
This is most evidentiable with Greater confusion blast potions, where the circle is licterally splitted in 3 parts now: the first halfcircle, a piece of the second halfcircle, and the rest of this one.

Copern

Sorceror

We threw multiple confusion potions, not just the ones in the screenshots. It IS a full circle. BUT sometimes client (or server) lag appears to delay the effects sometimes. There were times where there was NO delay period and it was a perfect circle.

Xavier

Account Terminated

Copern;690776 said:
We threw multiple confusion potions, not just the ones in the screenshots. It IS a full circle. BUT sometimes client (or server) lag appears to delay the effects sometimes. There were times where there was NO delay period and it was a perfect circle.

Well that would indicate its sent in two parts... and the rest is TCP time. I did a LOT of pots when I was checking it out, and only a few of them were a single solid circle.

Hell, Ill go check it again.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Was this done on a private server?
Did you override the delay between uses?
21:23:08 and another at 21:23:22 looks like you did an override on the time between uses

Xavier

Account Terminated

Ummm no? That video is from OSI. Its what I got using those potions nearly every time.

Copern

Sorceror

If you compare osd's half screenshot with your video, you'll notice that they are opposite sides. Larger half and smaller half switched.

When I was working on it and had JUST the mid-point algorithm to draw a full circle and none of the extra angle exclusion stuff I noticed the (well almost) same behavior as OSI is now. There would be the occasional delay that would cause similar behavior to the video or screenshots.

I.P.Knightly;690778 said:
Was this done on a private server?
Did you override the delay between uses?
21:23:08 and another at 21:23:22 looks like you did an override on the time between uses

When I said I was throwing the first, Copern tossed it.

Xavier

Account Terminated

osd_daedalus;690775 said:
when I did the "half circle" formula, I had an issue some parts of the half circle were rendered after a delay, but Nikki in IRC wasn't able to reproduce it. I suspect it's an issue of same nature, and client sided (server lag in a private local shard with only me?)

And Im not lagging with 3.6ghz... 4gb of memory and 18ms to the shard.

It is what it is. Who the hell needs to save themselves. The video has been here all along.

Athena

Account Terminated

I've just been on OSI with Xavier, both of us are seeing 2 half circles for both types.

Status
Not open for further replies.