UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Syrupz brings (additional) shame to EQ/MS

What should we do about this?

• lol, then ban him right away

Votes: 298 80.3%
  • lol, then ban if he ever uses it again

Votes: 73 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

syrupz

Wanderer
Re: Syrupz brings (additional) shame to EQ/MS

Not at all, im just a 12year old nerd who wears purple in game because of my questionable gender irl and my lack of constitution to provide myself answers.

P.S. Cheating is simply the development of otherwise public information to simplify ones work. Look at Razor, a "project" in which it hooks into the UO Client to simplify tasks. If this is cheating than i would hate to break down your real life. Calculators, Computers, Cars.. oh my!

Kaplar

Sorceror

syrupz;1691257 said:
Not at all, im just a 12year old nerd who wears purple in game because of my questionable gender irl and my lack of constitution to provide myself answers.

P.S. Cheating is simply the development of otherwise public information to simplify ones work. Look at Razor, a "project" in which it hooks into the UO Client to simplify tasks. If this is cheating than i would hate to break down your real life. Calculators, Computers, Cars.. oh my!
So you're claiming you developed it all? Interesting, a true coder would have taken the high road.

I am sure you already know this and you are just pretending to be dumb, but in case you are dumber than I thought, I can break it down for you. The question is not around simplifying a task, but rather around a game and it's boundaries. There is nothing wrong with a calculator. Unless it's brought to your math exam.

Rhadam

Page

There is making it possible to do things that would otherwise be a lot more complicated (razor) and having a program automate areas of combat that you couldn't possibly do manually (packets in krrios)...

Yea we cheat in life all the time... except its acceptable... because no one wants to make graphs or find the square root of 15 to 7 decimal points manually.

Where as cheating in a game when its easy enough to do it manually is just pathetic.

Rhadam

Page

FreeGrayScreen;1696460 said:
If it's that easy to do it manually why do you care at all?

I care because people make mistakes... programs rarely make a mistake.... it gives the game a human aspect of error and thought... not just random numbers generated based on numbers created by a situation..

Kaplar

Sorceror

FreeGrayScreen;1696460 said:
If it's that easy to do it manually why do you care at all?

That's the poorest form of debate I've seen on this forum. Again, and as you can see I'm fond of analogies, we could say if it's easy enough to swing a bat, why get mad at Bonds for juicing himself with 'roids, right?

elohdee

Knight

Kaplar;1697482 said:
That's the poorest form of debate I've seen on this forum. Again, and as you can see I'm fond of analogies, we could say if it's easy enough to swing a bat, why get mad at Bonds for juicing himself with 'roids, right?

TRUE THAT

Rhadam;1696926 said:
I care because people make mistakes... programs rarely make a mistake.... it gives the game a human aspect of error and thought... not just random numbers generated based on numbers created by a situation..
I disagree, I believe if you know your opponent, you can adapt and exploit their weaknesses. Especially if they're using some sort of automated macro or script.

Mara

Knight

Should you have to adapt to a cheater's playstyle?. A game is supposed to be played according to the agreed upon rules. That's what everyone agrees to when they agree to play against eachother. It's not a competition of who can cheat the best and not get caught. In theory anyway. It's like playing chess against someone that somehow has two queens, or craps with loaded dice. It eliminates the whole purpose of playing in the first place - a test of skill in the game, not in hacking it. Goddamn cheaters.

Mara;1700016 said:
Should you have to adapt to a cheater's play style?. A game is supposed to be played according to the agreed upon rules. That's what everyone agrees to when they agree to play against each other. It's not a competition of who can cheat the best and not get caught. In theory anyway. It's like playing chess against someone that somehow has two queens, or craps with loaded dice. It eliminates the whole purpose of playing in the first place - a test of skill in the game, not in hacking it. Goddamn cheaters.

I completely agree with this statement. And as far as I know syrupz is not in our guild anymore. But the sad thing is, is that many of the so called elites here are using cheats in one form or another. My ideology is if it's with in the rules of the game it's fair game but cheating just ruins it for every one.

elohdee

Knight

Anton Chigurh;1703409 said:
I completely agree with this statement. And as far as I know syrupz is not in our guild anymore. But the sad thing is, is that many of the so called elites here are using cheats in one form or another. My ideology is if it's with in the rules of the game it's fair game but cheating just ruins it for every one.

yo nigga who these so called elites you speakin of???
sucka

FreeGrayScreen;1700011 said:
I disagree, I believe if you know your opponent, you can adapt and exploit their weaknesses. Especially if they're using some sort of automated macro or script.

Believing and doing are two different things. When you actually do what you say you believe in, you holla at me.
I also believe anyone that plays with cheaters looses the right to talk about how to deal with cheaters ;)

elohdee;1703750 said:
yo nigga who these so called elites you speakin of???
sucka

Believing and doing are two different things. When you actually do what you say you believe in, you holla at me.
I also believe anyone that plays with cheaters looses the right to talk about how to deal with cheaters ;)

You know you play with people who script right?

elohdee;1705665 said:
Name one person that I play with that scripts big buddy.

There have been threads in these very forums where ras has openly admitted to scripting, it's a little wonder it took him this long to get banned. Also yesterday in Trinsic while fighting sharp and Rhadamanthys it was very obvious that auto cure was being used. GG big buddy.