UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tea Thread!

Dollpartz

Squire
Tea Thread!

What is your favourite type of tea?

Right now, it is 4 in the morning here in New Zealand, and my mouth tastes like an ashtray. Why does it taste like that, and for what reason am I up this early?

Easy, Lapsang Souchong.

This is the strongest tea I've ever tasted. It tastes like an over-powering cigar, and as you swallow it the inside of your cheeks stick to your teeth and your whole mouth is covered in some sort of foul slime.

Yes, I make it a little stronger than it is supposed to be by using multiple tea strainers, but damn is it good. I've had a few mugs, and I just can't get to sleep anymore.

So, what tea do you drink? Anyone else like Lapsang souchong? I just ordered some new tea, and among my selection is "Lapsang souchong superior". Apparently it is even stronger, so here's hoping.

mantorras

Sorceror
Re: Tea Thread!

uome;452414 said:
Coffee > tea.

An englishman saying that, blasphemy :eek:
I am no expert on tea but I mostly drink green and black tea. I usually prefer the tea that don't come all packed in little boxes, I prefer to buy 500gr from time to time, Moroccan black powder and Tea from the Azores.

Dollpartz

Squire

O.K I must admit I am partial to a cup of coffee but only if it has copious amounts of sugar in it (i'm talking 6 or 7 heaped teaspoons).

This is my tea thread anyway, no coffee fanboys allowed. :mad:

mantorras

Sorceror

Do you guys put any stuff on your tea, like sugar, honey or milk ?
I usually drink mine simple, can't stand tea with sugar.

Dollpartz

Squire

Sugar in tea tastes like arse. I like my black tea plain and boiling, so it scars my throat as it goes down. I can't stand warm tea :(

Soymilk + Earl Grey FTW but I'm not really a fan of milk in tea.

mantorras

Sorceror

Maybe it's not like that in America, but in Europe soft drinks are more for kids and the like, you can't really compare a good coffee or tea with a soft drink...
Don't understand the comparison between tea and sissies either...

uome

Bug Hunter

Something i miss about tea is the whole ritual of making it but no one does that anymore, it's rare to see anyone even using a teapot.

I quite enjoy some of the chinese yellow varities, with nothing added of course.

I still prefer coffee.

hugoboss

Sorceror

lapsang suchong is fairly acidic, good to know someone out there appreciates a full-bodied tea. try some of the nepalese stuff.. puts lapsang to shame!

i prefer something with a similar taste, but less abrasive.. i am partial to darjeeling - more character than earl grey.

uome, if you're a coffee person, try some of the toraja beans from indonesia - i wouldn't describe myself as a coffee person, but golly.. that stuff has so much character and flavour while being strong.. but eminently drinkable!

oh and i agree, tea, plain is the only way to drink it