UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The lack of civility and humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelzebub

Knight
Re: The lack of civility and humanity

PtO_Punx;1755600 said:
ehh thats ironic, you tell me to grow up and yet you have a set of balls on your signature!

i wasnt saying that to you, i was saying it to the guy with the retarded idea :)

Swear taxes

SHIT COCK FUCK ANUS WHORE SLUT CUNT

"Thou hast had thy bank account cleared of all goldz, nub"

beelzebub

Knight

uonoobs;1758285 said:

oh and ROFL thatss hillarious!

Vek

Sorceror

Ok i completely agree with what you say and understand what you mean, but you have to realized that you've endorsed this...so to speak
Handing out things like
Fuck lag
Fuck George Bush
I hate factions
Yes I *AM* a Newb, Good One Buddy
So&so > So&so
The list goes on, but those are some prime examples that even though you dealing with a younger croud whom still think its 'cool' to cuss. If you provide an enviroment in which vulgarity, and profound language is slim and frowned upon they will most likly not do it if everyone basically attacks them when they do lol. Anyways thats my point of view, have a nice day!

I agree with toning down, look at some of the posts your forum administrators put out, they flame (not as often) like other people ... but they still do it

P.S. why is it insulting to call someone a noob ... telling them they're new to a game, do you go to the hospital and tell every baby that they're noobs to the world?

SyxSyxSyx;1769349 said:
I agree with toning down, look at some of the posts your forum administrators put out, they flame (not as often) like other people ... but they still do it

P.S. why is it insulting to call someone a noob ... telling them they're new to a game, do you go to the hospital and tell every baby that they're noobs to the world?

On the calling people noobs comment, it used to be directed towards new players in games but now it's tossed around about anything. Example; John likes to listen to Rap music but Billy thinks he is a noob for doing so. I've seen people call someone else a noob for a number of irrelevant reasons. Another example; OMFG you're a noob because you put your shoes on one at a time. The number of years and experience someone has in a video game doesn't classify noobie or not anymore, it's just used to try to piss someone off now days. Last example; I was a noob for even typing all this, stfu Testament noob.

:D

Sotb

Wanderer

Suil Ban;1769749 said:
Vek;1769282 said:
Yes I *AM* a Newb, Good One BuddyQUOTE]

are you so easily offended?

Getting my name "Sex on the Beach" changed because of offensiveness while giving out Fuck George Bush clothes sounds kinda Hypocrite: yes^^

dakpowers

Wanderer

Six Feet Under;1748023 said:
just make some sort of swear taxes
whenever somebody says a badword there will be gold removed automatically from their bank account
like 100 gp for words like "fuck, asshole, newb"
and like 500 gp for words like motherfucker, nigger etc
if you dont have the gold for that on ur bankbox you loose 5 str, dex and int for 2 mins
repeating that b4 the statloss fades away will make it last longer
easy way to get rid of all those l337 keyboardheroes

"Your PVP skills are lacking, he who is new to the game"
"I'll get you back, you dirty, rotten, no-good so-and-so!"

Thalas

Wanderer

You should bring back that old script Ryan that turn you gray when you said something out of line =]

Kaz651r

Sorceror

SyxSyxSyx;1769349 said:
do you go to the hospital and tell every baby that they're noobs to the world?
LMFAO... I have a few friends who just had kids, and after reading this I will now insult their children for being noobs. At least until they start talking back :p

Whitemoon

Wanderer

jesus, sometimes i wonder why such people exist..people that would kill u just because u r out of guard zone with 5 hp, or because u got gray.And not because they are playerkillers, but because they play UO like they play counter strike or quake 3 - just log in and kill and then say 'n00b'.
I know that my reaction is not a healthy one, but I`m really angry.How brainless one should be not to understand the simple things about roleplay and blah blah blah all this was discussed 243254376458756 times on this forum, i guess.
I`m not a trammy, I just want people were more conscious...alas =]
I got owned and played the victim card :-D
gonna go read a book or something..

Funny how Ryan writes a post about 'the lack of civility and humanity,' yet it seems that his staff members exhibit just that:

MrBrightside;1775217 said:
forum moderator*

are you mad that i can get a point across on a gaming forum without typing out an essay?

tis a shame

go hang out with naked black children you pedophile faggot

srsly.. if you have a problem with the way some ppl talk just ignore em. and I understand why some staff members get a lil harsh sometimes, think of all the times they have to listen to ignorant kids calling them all kinds of shit..

Couldn't agree with Dave more. All the lil kiddies bitching about this and that. I didn't get this, I didn't get that, either play the game more, or stfu. Alot of peeps need to be bitch slapped by the Gms every once in a while to let'em know who's boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.