UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The lack of civility and humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

warreng

Wanderer
Re: The lack of civility and humanity

Yeah ryan's right = < ... and along time ago the five players you mentioned, was Warren G Arrow Inyearse Tom Green Kiwi White Dragon, and Black Dragon...

OLD and Origional -X-

Forever.

For those of you posers, give us our guild tag back appreciated.

Ryan back then thanks for our own FREE Guild Town, i loved recalling to your houses in green acres, stealing things from your supply stones!! unforgettable times!! LONG LIVE UOGAMERS

Lament;1747134 said:
http://www.uogamers.com/forum/trammel/168433-playerbase-diminishing.html

oh and yall can also check out the other 5 identical threads that were trammeled by our lovely respected admins

thank them for the dried up PvP
with a lack of civility and humanity

Tbh, I actually agree with you man, I don't understand why it was moved to trammel, all you were trying to do is get people's attention and find a solution to bring the playerbase back up. :/

just make some sort of swear taxes
whenever somebody says a badword there will be gold removed automatically from their bank account
like 100 gp for words like "fuck, asshole, newb"
and like 500 gp for words like motherfucker, nigger etc
if you dont have the gold for that on ur bankbox you loose 5 str, dex and int for 2 mins
repeating that b4 the statloss fades away will make it last longer
easy way to get rid of all those l337 keyboardheroes

Six Feet Under;1748023 said:
whenever somebody says a badword there will be gold removed automatically from their bank account
if you dont have the gold for that on ur bankbox you loose 5 str, dex and int for 2 mins

Uhm. Are you serious?

Yes it would probably work but seriously, if we do this we might aswell change the server name to UOCuba.

Dave Lepard;1750005 said:
Uhm. Are you serious?

Yes it would probably work but seriously, if we do this we might aswell change the server name to UOCuba.

i'm rich i'm sure my bank account can support all of my racial and profound language :lol

bwagnermon

Wanderer

I figure this out wit names callin its a game and no one really knows each other so let it b and let the corse change it corse....if the name offends u that means u are one its only names so dont worry about it....Fok Man its a game not real life

PtO_Punx

Sorceror

Six Feet Under;1748023 said:

your a fucking tard! Dont like curse words? they make a filter!

hahaha

tdiddy3411

Sorceror

Well this thread definitely didn't have a lasting affect. I've been back for almost two weeks now and there is a general feeling of anger throughout the community. Constant unnecessary bantering and such... why are so many people so angry or vulgar when playing UO?

uonoobs

Knight

tdiddy3411;1758280 said:
Well this thread definitely didn't have a lasting affect. I've been back for almost two weeks now and there is a general feeling of anger throughout the community. Constant unnecessary bantering and such... why are so many people so angry or vulgar when playing UO?

tdiddy3411;1758280 said:

The answer is the same now as it has been and will always be.
Not being a dick when I say this, but it's simply because they can.

tdiddy3411

Sorceror

Yes, they can, but in my eyes it's pathetic. Some of it is deserving - the dirty tactics and anything goes attitude - but the random shit talking when you're having a simple 1v1 is lame and I am sure that anyone trying to get started on the server without a group of friends will be completely discouraged from all of the shit.

tdiddy3411;1758425 said:
Yes, they can, but in my eyes it's pathetic. Some of it is deserving - the dirty tactics and anything goes attitude - but the random shit talking when you're having a simple 1v1 is lame and I am sure that anyone trying to get started on the server without a group of friends will be completely discouraged from all of the shit.

True enough, but what can you do about it? If you started banning people for being potty mouths, then more than half the shard's players would be gone. There's a profanity filter in the game for a reason not to mention an ignore feature. Again, I not taking up for anyone nor being a dick, but if staff got strict and started policing people's language and attitudes, the playerbase would fizzle out quickly. It's sad but true.

Kaz651r

Sorceror

tdiddy3411;1758425 said:

Give them this and tell them to wash their hair:

I agree though. It is discouraging for people new to the server. But theres nothing we can do about it so bleh. As long as the internet is around people will get that cocky "no body knows me so I'm just gonna shit all over everyone" attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.