UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Doom Point System *Please Vote*

What is your opinion of the new Doom point system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whatever98

Squire

upstairs luna? :p

Whatever98

Squire
im not richest person ever, but made plenty enough, and i almost never do champ spawns, only really gained the ability to recently with radiant scimitar release, but not actually done one all the way yet (solo that is), only tried illsh, and the damn paragons...

I remember when 120 eval's were worth 60kk because the chance of you finishing a spawn was almost nill back then.
Just imagine being back in the scenario where NO ONE had any of these items. No 120s, no Arties, no perfect weaps or armour...

Having invested a serious amount of time on Demise (and therefore obtained a reasonable amount of wealth in the process) i.t. i.s h.a.r.d. f.o.r. m.e. t.o. t.y.p.e. t.h.i.s., b.u.t...

Wouldn't it be great to go back to that place where it was all still to do? where anything was possible? a fresh economy, a fresh start?

Don't get me wrong, I can't imagine even *considering* deleting my account unless you put a gun to my head (and even then I'd have to seriously believe you might pull the trigger...) - but if it just HAPPENED? To EVERYONE?

Shard wipe + the universal abolition of Insurance please (I know an unexpected heart attack is always a possibility in this scenario - but trust me, I know what's good for you me... ;))

Demise:Rebooted?

We'd all be doing epic down-to-the-wire Spawn corpse runs, risking all for double resources in out-of-the-way Fel mines, gambling our Luck suits on the chance of looting a 1/2 ring, grinding Doom for *months*...

...and loving every second of it.

FE

tbh i'd enjoy that very much. i've done it multiple times now lol, since i let my accounts decay and the brightpoint to starting fresh is that everything is an improvement. i think that a fresh restart would upset a lot of players, but i think it would be good for the economy because of the fixes of the many exploits that were used in the past to generate a ridiculous amount of gold.

Prior to a hypothetical reset i think loot really would have to be revamped, there needs to be better loot overall. it makes no sense to only be able to get good items from monsters containing ultra rich packs.

sk8nomad

Sorceror
teh gmae is abuot haeving fun. nto aboot griending for itmes. if no haeving fun tehn doo sumting else. if yu haeving fun thne u will be richest

Dexter-LoM

Knight
that's the exact reason for the point system tho, this wont happen now, but it will still take a while to drop.

are there not items which are usable but not quite as good as things like orne? that newer people could get more cheaply/easily?
oh what's this, a new item? scrappers compendium ehy?
I know you don't know much so ill help you understand a little something ok..
this is a scrapper for sale current bid glad collar don't think a new comer can actually afford this but even lets say he does scrappers are not the best item to pvp its a spawner item.

most will use it to pvp until they see that having fc1 fcr 1 and lrc on a book is deadly/ lol disarm guy loose his lrc and his fc fcr lol

keep playing your dexxer and trying to act like you know something....

hickman48

Knight
I know you don't know much so ill help you understand a little something ok..
this is a scrapper for sale current bid glad collar don't think a new comer can actually afford this but even lets say he does scrappers are not the best item to pvp its a spawner item.

most will use it to pvp until they see that having fc1 fcr 1 and lrc on a book is deadly/ lol disarm guy loose his lrc and his fc fcr lol

keep playing your dexxer and trying to act like you know something....
^ this guy he should know played a dexxor for years.

Grimrog

Sorceror
I think the loot of general nonsters should be looked at. i remember doing lady m on osi and taking at least 3 bows that are more than godlike compared to the bows existing in demise every time i kill her. ssi hld hfb balaced...slayer ssi hml di and so on. if you do pvm here (wich i do and like lol) you get a sellable item once every 5h doing miasma solo - and thats a ring or brac for sure

Bile

Knight
Mongbats could drop 2-3 items on OSI.
Mongbats don't drop items on Demise.

Magical Monsters (aside from auto-dispels) rarely went for Dispel on summons.
Magical Monsters go directly for dispel on summons and don't fail.

Champion Spawns reduced in spawn radius during progression on OSI .
Champion Spawns never reduce in spawn radius during progression on Demise.

Tossing out EV's with below average loot packs at a champion spawn as creatures dispel them furiously as the spawn doesn't condense, what has my UOLIFECOMETO? Right, elf stuff.

So, as we hop in our time machine and slam it up to 88mph to November 5, 1955, I'd like to kill a lich with an energy vortex knowing that it could have loot on its corpse that I could either enhance, use, or sell.