UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Doom Point System *Please Vote*

What is your opinion of the new Doom point system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mytilus

Sorceror
No one thought of me when i first started like 12 years ago.. i didnt complain about the drop rates.. I made it,why shouldn't you?

This thread is not a pissing match about who had a hard time starting out, its about what is best for the server. Just like faster skill gain, cheaper artifacts are better for the server in the long run. The reason that ilshenar artifacts are worthless is not the drop rate its because they are useless. The reason 90% of doom artifacts are worthless is because they are useless. Orny and the select others will always have a high value regardless of the drop rate, just as the cc did after peerless were added.

enrique: I don't understand why you are so against this, you aquire most of your items via scams anyways and are always complaining about not having enough people to fight... it seems like no brainer to me

Lucifall

Knight
Well, I lie. Coon used to only have half the chance of dropping 120's back then, unlike the other spawns... thankfully that was fixed.

If the staff would like, if they provide me with data of trials with and without the point system I can run statistical tests to test for significance. My personal belief is that if the above were to happen, we would find that even though the point system was set in place, we would get not significance because through random chance alone the number of drops would be equal. Thus it brings me to question what the actual purpose of putting in a point system that has no statistically significant difference to the original system is? I think with the addition of fletching and carpentry kits many artifacts are no devalued in price... For example... would you rather use a dryad bow... or a 40 di 40 ssi bow with any other mod that can be added through runics? Concluding, while the initial decision to change the point system to a version which maintained the artifact drop rate at the pre point system level, was made in order to avoid any fluctuation in economical value of the artifacts, other extrenous factors are already doing that. If the value of the artifacts does not reflect the difficulty of getting them, then it creates a situation in which the time and commitment required to obtain them is not proportional to the reward. Hence why most veteran players do not partake in gauntlet.

TL;DR. OSI gauntlet style point system. <3

Slugworth

Squire
It's 2014 now, who in the hell really wants to grind for artys now? Especially people leaving OSI looking to join a populated aos free shard. IMO if they made the point system like OSI all it would do is increase the server population for new comers. Doesn't seem that bad to me, no one will leave because of it, people will come because of it.

Drucilia

Knight
Hate to be the bringer of bad news. But the fact is the artifacts price and rarity has been blown up over a long period by a faulty system. Sorry if you got used to that. Go cry kid.
Even with the real points system you can drop 15 worthless arties in a row.
And yes there is a large base of people not playing because of the reasons aboove.

Although in saying this no one seems concerned about runic hammers being to way to hard to get. Despite the fact you can farm brsks for fun.

dbrez

Squire
I am stoopid so can someone explain point system to me...

So the more i kill the better the chance of an artifact to drop?

Isnt the Arty chance on a doom boss for everyone with looting rights? So if im killing and killin and increasing my drop chance is that for everyone also killing the monster or just me?

Im about 75-100 rounds deep since the "point-system" was put in place and i still havent gotten a single artifact. Shouldnt my chance to get an arti be way higher than everyone else?

All i want is someone to explain to me how my grinding and grinding are increasing only my chance and not everyone else thats hitting the boss?

please i am stoopid.

Lucifall

Knight
I am stoopid so can someone explain point system to me...

So the more i kill the better the chance of an artifact to drop?

Isnt the Arty chance on a doom boss for everyone with looting rights? So if im killing and killin and increasing my drop chance is that for everyone also killing the monster or just me?

Should be just like ToTs. If you get looting rights, you get points which increase your chance to get an artifact. I'd love to try and explain the system currently in Demise, but I don't have the code...