UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Doom Point System *Please Vote*

What is your opinion of the new Doom point system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lukin69

Knight

walleye

Squire
I don't know if the new system is better than old.I have done probably 50 or so rounds with no luck.I would do more but it gets old after awhile. If you are not catching fish do you stay or move on to a new location. Only a few arties are worth a grain of salt and the probability of getting a good one let alone a taskmaster is slim. If there was a bank to deposit loot I and others might stay and grind more. Just a thought.

Lord Mars

Knight
having more than enuf arties, i stayed outa doom for a few years actually..

i tried the "point system" just to get a feel of the system last month when it start, and after abt 6 days of doom about 1-2 hrs a day, 1 got my 1st drop - orny lol

i began to get the idea that point system merely wants you to somewhat "work for your arty", and you dont get arty until u really get ahead in terms of points. I dare say my template is almost always top damager among the group.

i left after that 1 arty drop and never back there again

Facko

Sorceror
Some of us quit (sorta) because we got tired of fighting the same 10 people over and over. Increase the drop rates and get some new faces in fel... please!

*cries*

Facko

Sorceror
Also I think that playing the game, not just grinding trade skills, should be a more viable way to make money. That's why its called a game...

I'm sure there are a few players here and there that were successful w/o trade skill grinding but it takes about 100x longer if you showed up here by yourself or like to solo like I did. Makes things less enjoyable IMO.

Not to mention the new game mechanics that have made spawning ridiculously easy... Wraith,Thunderstorm,win.

Blame OSI. The prices for scrolls have gone because the people that want them, have them. Those that don't have them, can't afford to pay 60kk for a single scroll.

The people that have them, don't want to sell to the people that WANT to buy, because they don't want to settle for less than "Best Value."

Blacula

Knight
Not to mention the new game mechanics that have made spawning ridiculously easy... Wraith,Thunderstorm,win.
Yeah, good ol' OSI and their 2006 spellweaving silliness. I tried 4/6 weave last night for the first time, and essence of wind is insane.

Chivalry still trumps it in pvp though, in my opinion.

Kallitcha

Squire
Having done the gauntlet a few dozen times on demise, I have yet to get a doom arti here. I can remember playing osi and getting a drop about every 2 to 4 trips. Maybe it was a lot of rl luck on osi, maybe it's a lot of bad luck on demise... To me the drop rate seems low on demise. I also know that the doom artifacts are priced rediculous compared to osi, which tells me the drop rate is much lower than osi. I can understand someone who is holding on to one of these artifacts or purchased one of these artifacts not wanting the value to drop, because of an increase in the drop rate. But truth is, the current drop rate is only benifiting the few lucky enough to get a drop or the few who are rich enough to drop 30 mil on an arti. I personally don't see anything wrong with the drop rate being doubled what it is now and still being a fair balance between the haves and the have nots.

Course i would much prefer to see the TOTs come back a little more often. maybe even permanently but with a lower drop rate then the fully activated tot drop rate.

Ish paragon drop rates actually seem about right, but would like to see a slight increase in drops of chests with a slight decrease in artifact drops.

Just my 2 cents....