UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Wedding System, what do you think?

What do you think of the new wedding system, and will you use it?

• It's neat, I'd pay to use it.

Votes: 28 18.9%
  • It's neat, I'd only use the free version though.

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • It's okay, I'd watch but not have a wedding myself.

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • It's okay, but I wouldn't watch one.

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • I don't like the new wedding system.

Votes: 31 20.9%

• Total voters

Kool-Aid

Wanderer
Re: The New Wedding System, what do you think?

lets see one first :)

Terron and Kira????? Irina and Krrios????

:)

HiloGL

Page

Well, i think *** marriages should be allowed, i mean, im not all about *** rights or equality, but if you think about it only like, 4 girls play this game and the rest really are guys playing female chars. so in the end it is a *** marriage, omgwtf is going on. (cool idea though)

Miral007

Wanderer

I thinkUOGamers is getting closer and closer to action from ea. I understand that running a server takes $ but when something is in direct competition with ea's stuff and pulls in money, they might not just look the other way as they have been with just plain ol free servers...

Mia-hybrid

Wanderer

Miral said:
I thinkUOGamers is getting closer and closer to action from ea. I understand that running a server takes $ but when something is in direct competition with ea's stuff and pulls in money, they might not just look the other way as they have been with just plain ol free servers...

Yes because adding something both fun for the server and which makes a good gold sink is obviously the most profitable way to go.

As far as your second remark, you can't possibly be stupid enough to believe that such brilliant programmers as are responsible for Run UO would invest an irl job's worth of hours every week for the occasional $10 donation to help cover the high costs of keeping the server up and on such fantastic (and not cheap) hardware. Would you be the first to ***** about constant lag and crashes for lack of suitable hardware? I would also say "You do realize what programmers of that caliber are worth as far as salaries go?", but the answer is clearly that you do not. Otherwise, why would you venture to draw such an embarassingly foolish conclusion?

Solace

Wanderer

I like the idea of a wedding in the game and its cute for real life couples too. My boyfriend and i spend ountless hours a day playing uo together and it would be great to marry in the game. I think its a great idea but the package prices seem a little high. In the game MrOpey (my bf) asked Solace (me) to marry him so... :) maybe he'll get the idea in real life and ask the same question ;) wink wink...<3!!!

That's damn expensive, so I'd probably only use the free version, but I think it's a cool idea. Though I do support the gäy marriage option as well because it's a role-play event, and as long as the players involved wanted to role-play the event, they shouldn't be deprived solely because it's two male players that wish to be wed. Maybe Orchid and I will have to get hitched in game now, hehe.

Terron

Knight

Kool-Aid said:
lets see one first :)

Terron and Kira????? Irina and Krrios????

:)

Kira and I already wed on the shard, in Feb to be exact.

Kira

Wanderer

The reason the prices are so high is because if they weren't people would just get married to get the stuff. If you really want one of the packages that you have to pay for you can work and make the gold. Weddings have been by donations for a while now. If you really want to get married and don't have the gold you can just donate for it if you really want the higher up packages. The reason we have the one that you don't have to pay for is for the players who don't want to pay. No reason to whine about it.

Dread-hybrid

Wanderer

It descrininates against gays. Cebrious Arcane wanted to marry his male llama, for instance.

Mia-hybrid

Wanderer

Dread said:
It descrininates against gays. Cebrious Arcane wanted to marry his male llama, for instance.

This is why half of you would get thrown in jail halfway through your own "wedding". This is still a legitimate RP event, not an invitation to come act like a retarded ****ing 12 year old who thinks he's a hilariously naughty boy for making jokes about beastiality or gays that stopped being funny or original 5 years ago. I suggest most of you go back to the General Discussion or PvP forums where your unoriginal childishness will be more welcome. If I continue to see posts which have no constructive value or legitimate discussion of the Wedding Event program in question, I'll block your access to the Events section and the problem will be solved that way.

Despairl

Wanderer

I'd pay 9.5 mill for a wedding....MIA where do you wanna meet up =P(i'm dreaming now). Anyhow awesome ideas and ggz for the staff that thought of all the stuff =)

Mia said:
This is why half of you would get thrown in jail halfway through your own "wedding". This is still a legitimate RP event, not an invitation to come act like a retarded ****ing 12 year old who thinks he's a hilariously naughty boy for making jokes about beastiality or gays that stopped being funny or original 5 years ago. I suggest most of you go back to the General Discussion or PvP forums where your unoriginal childishness will be more welcome. If I continue to see posts which have no constructive value or legitimate discussion of the Wedding Event program in question, I'll block your access to the Events section and the problem will be solved that way.
Yeah, but all jokes aside, I know two women IRL that live together and are together and both play UOG. If they wanted to get married on here it would be a totally legit roleplay event. Could there be exceptions made for that situation or is there really a "no gäy" policy? Dread was just pointing out the discrimination factor, and why would it be a problem if all parties involved wanted to roleplay the event as it is intended?

edit: In retrospect, I guess one of the girls could just play a guy character and roleplay the event that way. Either way, I'm there and I'll be the guy that makes surprisingly good speeches and abuses the free booze.

How about we have *** marriages in certian towns? I mean not all cities have to be tolerant. lol I mean this is like real life to a degree. But, then agian back in the day to even hint *** meant youd be killed in public or mocked and made a fool of. Hmmm, thats one for the admins and gms to decide