UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Wedding System, what do you think?

What do you think of the new wedding system, and will you use it?

• It's neat, I'd pay to use it.

Votes: 28 18.9%
  • It's neat, I'd only use the free version though.

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • It's okay, I'd watch but not have a wedding myself.

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • It's okay, but I wouldn't watch one.

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • I don't like the new wedding system.

Votes: 31 20.9%

• Total voters

e-mart

Wanderer
Re: The New Wedding System, what do you think?

what about polygamy what if joe mormon wants to marry his two wives?

The point is at the time this game takes place *** marriages were not accepted. So obivously any *** marriages would ruin the roleplaying aspect of the weddings.

Apoc-hybrid

Wanderer

unrequited love said:
The point is at the time this game takes place *** marriages were not accepted. So obivously any *** marriages would ruin the roleplaying aspect of the weddings.

What time period is that exactly? This is a fantastical virtual world, not a historical recreation. The level of technological and ideological/sociological development and advancement in real society is of no consequence here. If we want to be real about it, lets consider that theologically the Virtues of British are the dominant religion of Sosaria and in them there is no prescription for prohibiting gays from wedding like contemporary religions of our ever too real world.

duck-hybrid

Wanderer

what the hell, why only strictly male and female players i wanted to marry kr1z. give me my rights!

on a side note neat stuff show us a picture of the wedding house

duck said:
what the hell, why only strictly male and female players i wanted to marry kr1z. give me my rights!

on a side note neat stuff show us a picture of the wedding house

why would anyone care if 2 male or 2 female characters in a video game wanted to blow millions pixel on a pixel wedding? its not a big deal

EvnM89

Wanderer

How do weddings work on this shard anyways? are their any advantages? do you get a tag... where do you get married... does it cost anything? Im clueless.. help?

Mia said:
This is why half of you would get thrown in jail halfway through your own "wedding". This is still a legitimate RP event, not an invitation to come act like a retarded ****ing 12 year old who thinks he's a hilariously naughty boy for making jokes about beastiality or gays that stopped being funny or original 5 years ago. I suggest most of you go back to the General Discussion or PvP forums where your unoriginal childishness will be more welcome. If I continue to see posts which have no constructive value or legitimate discussion of the Wedding Event program in question, I'll block your access to the Events section and the problem will be solved that way.

Please don't be so hostile, it offends me :<

Mia said:
This is why half of you would get thrown in jail halfway through your own "wedding". This is still a legitimate RP event, not an invitation to come act like a retarded ****ing 12 year old who thinks he's a hilariously naughty boy for making jokes about beastiality or gays that stopped being funny or original 5 years ago. I suggest most of you go back to the General Discussion or PvP forums where your unoriginal childishness will be more welcome. If I continue to see posts which have no constructive value or legitimate discussion of the Wedding Event program in question, I'll block your access to the Events section and the problem will be solved that way.
wow you're uptight.

Arturo

Sorceror

no shit. my gf & i play. i just spent all my gold on a new house.
the rings with the personalized engraving sounds like the best item.

If you marry using the free wedding can you go back and pay for the better weddings later when you get the gold for it? And also does it show in game that you've been married like giving the Mrs. and Mr. in front of the characters name.

Irina

Wanderer

Helena said:
If you marry using the free wedding can you go back and pay for the better weddings later when you get the gold for it? And also does it show in game that you've been married like giving the Mrs. and Mr. in front of the characters name.

When we made the system, we had pay in advance. I think if you choose the free wedding though, Grevlok would maybe allow you to pay for rings later. I'm not exactly sure how he does it now, but I hope that helps :)

About the Mrs. and Mr. question, personally, I think that's tacky hehe. But he might let you do that. Maybe for a bit more gold? Or maybe for a few days the newlyweds could have it :)

Hope that helped

Thx, I was wondering because I can't afford the wedding right now and I don't have the money irl to donate for it but I plan on getting married on the shard. Thx for the help. Is there a way I can find out for sure from Grevelok?

Irina

Wanderer

Sure, there are a couple ways to find out :)

1. PM him on the forums.
2. PM him in IRC
3. Page for a Seer in game, and one will help you. If you page for an RP purpose and specifically ask for a Seer, no other staff should attempt to help you. This ensures that your question will be answered :)

Personally, I'd recommend PM'ing him in IRC.

Nicolai

Sorceror

I think they should allow gay and beastiality weddings except for those ones have a mob of angry homophobic villagers attack and the couple and the wedding guests have to kill them all for the wedding to continue.

Now that is what I would call a wedding.

Of course you could always just hold your own wedding. Personally I don't care for getting married in a chapel. I would prefer the lower levels of a dungeon or something to that effect. Maybe throw in a few human sacrafices.