UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Role Playing Community

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
The Bloodclan Orcs.
This is a basic Idea of what the Bloodclan would like to see from other guilds/clans within the role playing community. these are basic rules and guidelines that The Bloodclan follow when dealing with others. Please discuss.

Rules of Engagement-
The Bloodclan Uses a simple and effective blanket rule for all RP guilds. That rule is the loot to disarm rule. If you are killed you will be disarmed in order to keep you down/out of the fight. Disarming includes weapons, bandages, potions, reagents. As a role playing quark most orcs may also take something they feel is valuable such as gold, or jewelry because its shinny. Food or booze because they want to eat and drink. or maybe just your dice cup for some gambling later.
We may not take everything on the list and in most cases we will only take one or two of these items (ie: Taking the arrows but leaving the bow. Taking the weapon but leaving the bandages.)

We do not dry loot, we do not res-kill without reason, we don't "talk shit" (in a non rp way).
We expect the same disarm looting from our enemies.

Improving relationships with The Bloodclan-
Humans or Role players who wish to build a relationship with the orcs are encouraged to raid us using our RoE.

Casting blade spirits, Meteor Swarm, Earthquake or Chain Lightning are considered griefer tactics and will not earn you any sort of favor with the orcs. We don't use those spells against anyone but griefers and expect the same respect.

Remember that when interacting with orcs as well as other RP'ers there should be a clear and definite difference between the way you play and your common run of the mill pk or griefer. We expect basic forms of courtesy from anyone who is attempting to build up a relationship with the BC other than just pvp. Good relationships don't happen overnight and only through constant interactions and contact between the BC and any other guild will we treat you as what you are. Respectable RP'ers.

Courtesy for The Community-
The Bloodclan believes in a united Role playing community.
We ask that all members of the community respect one another with a simple set of rules

If battling other Rp'ers and a griefer or unknown comes to the fray IMMEDIATELY stop battle and join forces via cross healing and attacking these griefers. The Rp community should always stand together to kill a common foe when they present themselves.
Res (if you can) fallen foes after battle.
No res killing without reason.
Certain spells can also be used to grief, we frown upon these tactics and refrain from using them against people within the RP community. These spells include: blade spirits, meteor swarm, earthquake, and chain lighting.

Getting to know The Bloodclan Orcs-
The Bloodclan Orcs are not humans and have a very fierce and close knit sense of clan. Orcs don't need anyone and while we like to "play nice" its so against our nature that it just doesn't last long. OOC we will show you all the respect you deserve but IC is a different matter. When we are on a raid all niceties are temporarily ceased. We don't have time to differentiate between human cannon fodder. Please do no try to interact with orcs at this time as we are in raid mode and will not stop to chat. Hummie = clomp on site. Bluud fer da Bluudgod!
We are very territorial and will kill you without warning if we see you inside our fort or any of the houses we use.

We do not res-kill without reason, however there are some instances where you may be res-killed. these reasons are as follows:
If you try to loot your body before we are done with it, you may be res killed. we see this as our loot from the kill and not yours till we are done with it.
If you come to our fort and start talking smack or other inappropriate language to us you may be res-killed. if you cant behave in an Rpish manner why should we treat you any different than other Hummies talking smack?
If you get killed in one of our raids and come back into our kill zone for your gear, you may be res-killed. again when we are in full on raid mode we see red, the only thing that matters is killing for the bloodgod.
If you are killed inside the Fort do not try to enter to gather your gear or you may be res-killed. The fort is our home and humans are not welcome inside. we will bring your gear out to you.

Quality Control-
The Bloodclan Orcs pride themselves on our role playing. It is our goal to stay in character 100% of the time. If any orc is seen breaking our rules, griefing the community, or generally acting like a tool please DO NOT confront them directly. Instead contact myself or another leader within The Bloodclan to sort out and fix the problem. If possible Screen shots or chat logs will always help. Violators will be punished or removed from the clan.
I can be contacted through AIM/Yahoo: Irsuxx or ICQ: 31046597
There is also an IRC channel that we can be contacted at. Server: irc.runuo.com Channel:#orc

Lastly The Bloodclan wants this community to grow and thrive. If you are respectful, polite, honor our rules in OUR fort and lands. We will heal you, often give items back, give you gates or regs to get home, let you take your belongings we don't want. We would appreciate the same from all members of the community.

awsome

Traveler
Glad you posted this. I'll do one for the Rangers, but it pretty much is entirely the same. Except you can substitute fort with Skara Brae/Ranger Guildhouse. Although we PROBABLY wouldn't kill you for trying to loot yourself in Skara once a battle is done. Again, I'll post one for Rangers tomorrow when I'm bored at work.

On a side note, i'd been wondering about loot rules, as I come from a background of no loot rp warfare. These seem completely fair, considering the shard we are on.

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
Glad you posted this. I'll do one for the Rangers, but it pretty much is entirely the same. Except you can substitute fort with Skara Brae/Ranger Guildhouse. Although we PROBABLY wouldn't kill you for trying to loot yourself in Skara once a battle is done. Again, I'll post one for Rangers tomorrow when I'm bored at work.

On a side note, i'd been wondering about loot rules, as I come from a background of no loot rp warfare. These seem completely fair, considering the shard we are on.

this is mainly to keep people from re-entering large scale fights. I know I teach to battle res and get back in there to help your orcs so I would be a hypocrite saying its not fair for other groups to do so. this is just a sure fire way to keep the dead down and out at least for a decent amount of time.

the only problems this brings up s some get mad when they lose good items. the way I feel about it is if you cant stand losing your pretty weapons or whatnot, just dont bring them to the fight.

Vestros

Sorceror
what nok said has pretty much been the run of the mill rules for as long as ive known them... altho i do remember plenty of times when a rolling gank squad would come to the fort and there was TcD the orcs and some people from other guilds inside the fort defending it... :( i miss the olden days

SonnyBoy

Traveler
Good you're setting this. You should explain the Disarm rule more - Disarming someone means taking his weps (and a bit more), but - do you keep those after fight, or do you give them back? This issue has been causing some trouble lately, and the ones who don't remember Orcs, and general RoE from old times (example - me :)) are confused, acting then how themselves decide, and that leads to bad blood. Remember that RP was dead on Hybrid 'till lately, so everyone is bit rusty. By the way, yeehaw for RP'ing here, the community is finally gaining strenght *woohoo!*

Torgin.

Sorceror
I believe it should be loot to disarm (weps and bandys only) use whatever gear you want, but if you die and lose it, don't come up after the fight bitching and complaining and wanting your awesome weapon back. I always hate it when I see "Can I have my weapon back?" after a good fight. We are in a constant state of war, and there should be some spoils of war to go to the victor. As far as mounts go, Yew will only use them for transportation and fighting against griefers. We will never engage an RPer while mounted, even if they themselves are mounted.

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
I believe it should be loot to disarm (weps and bandys only) use whatever gear you want, but if you die and lose it, don't come up after the fight bitching and complaining and wanting your awesome weapon back. I always hate it when I see "Can I have my weapon back?" after a good fight. We are in a constant state of war, and there should be some spoils of war to go to the victor. As far as mounts go, Yew will only use them for transportation and fighting against griefers. We will never engage an RPer while mounted, even if they themselves are mounted.

This is pretty much dead on. there should be some spoils of war, however thats not to say that we wont give stuff back occasionally. we do play nice if the fight was nice and epic but like Torgin said just dont bitch and moan and ask for your stuff back. if you get it back just think of it as a nice bonus.

awsome

Traveler
The Rangers of Skara Brae

Rules of Engagement - All of the following guidelines apply to our interaction with the Role Playing Community. We may or may not extend these courtesies to non-role players, depending on the situation.

Combat

Rangers will interact before combat under most circumstances.

Rangers may attack on sight in the following circusmtances:
  • When an enemy enters our territories or guild holdings, such as the island of Skara Brae, the Ranger Guildhall on the mainland and our personal homes.
  • When "raiding" an enemy. These will typically be set up OOC beforehand.
  • If it is apparent an enemy is "raiding" an ally.
Rangers will not attack on sight in the following circumstances:
  • An enemy is INSIDE a bank or store. It is not our intent to disrupt someone's daily business. We expect this courtesy in return.
  • An enemy is engaged by a non-role player. If we are currently engaged with an enemy role player that is attacked by a non-role player, we will do our best to disengage and assist if it is safe to do so.
Res Killing: Rangers will not res kill unless given a reason to do so. Such reasons include, but are not limited to:
  • Res Killing our members.
  • Trying to re-enter the battle after death.
  • OOC whining or smack talk.
In order to avoid being res killed, it is suggested you remove yourself from a battleground as quickly as possible after a death. If you must stay (in order to loot your body, for instance) you should prove yourself to be as little a threat as possible. Stay disarmed and do not start putting on your armor.​

Yielding: A Ranger will show mercy to an enemy that yields in combat upon some occasions. If an enemy yields, they can expect to be taken prisoner for a certain amount of time.

Ressing: A Ranger will res a fallen enemy when possible (and safe) after a battle.

Mounts: A Ranger can and will use a mount in battle. If a Ranger chooses, they may dismount to fight an unmounted enemy, although they are not under any obligation to do so. A Ranger has a job to do, and being gentlemanly and fair is not always in the best interest of that job.

Interaction between "blues"

One of my pet peeves is when a "blue" character who would normally be an enemy comes and makes a pest of himself when I can't do anything about it. An example (which I have not seen) would be a blue orc coming into Skara and being obnoxious. It would be IC for a Ranger to kill him, but OOC rules prevent him from doing so. If my character can't do what it would be IC for him to do, he will likely ignore you.

Do not *emote* taking control of or disabling a Ranger without their express OOC permission to do so.

Looting
  • Rangers follow a loot to disarm principle. We will loot weapons, reagents, bandages and offensive potions (explosion, str, agility & poison), but not items such armor or defensive potions (heal, cure & refresh)
  • A Ranger may decide to give looted items back to a fallen enemy. It is up to the discretion of the Ranger, depending on the situation and the history with the enemy.
  • If a Ranger somehow kills an enemy and believes that enemy was not at their keyboard, they may try and return all items to the enemy.
    • AFKs happen. Babies cry, doorbells ring, cats catch on fire and so on. If you think you've killed an afk person, do the right thing. Give them their stuff back.
General Items

We are here to foster a fun and active RP environment for everyone. Remember, you don't always have to "win", just as we don't always have to "win".

We are open to "declaring war" on enemy guilds to create conflict situations. War will be declared for a set amount of time, at which point we will declare "peace". We do not intend to have any ongoing wars.

If you have any OOC issues with a Ranger, please do not try to take it up with the Ranger. Any OOC conflicts should be brought to me, either through pm here, pm on our forum at rsb.guildlaunch.com or through AIM: punkroxdood.

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
... If you have any OOC issues with a Ranger, please do not try to take it up with the Ranger. Any OOC conflicts should be brought to me, either through pm here, on our forum at rsb.guildlaunch.com or through AIM: punkroxdood.

I forgot to add this to my post but I will. this is a big thing for all rp guilds I think. if there is problems within the guild/clan then the leaders of said clan/guild should correct it and dole out punishment if necessary.

Vestros

Sorceror
also it wouldnt be a bad idea for the leaders of said guilds or the proxy's they have for such. have each others contact information or what not so ideas for events can be discussed and any issues that arise as a problem can be handled professionally and it not be public knowledge.... also if there is a dispute between two guilds there should be a netural party available to act as meaidator in discussions IMO

SonnyBoy

Traveler
This is pretty much dead on. there should be some spoils of war, however thats not to say that we wont give stuff back occasionally. we do play nice if the fight was nice and epic but like Torgin said just dont bitch and moan and ask for your stuff back. if you get it back just think of it as a nice bonus.

No problem with that.. Just wanted to make things clear. Heh, to tell ya the truth, I'd rather hand over greatest wep of all times to Orc than to leave it to some motherf*cking exploiting griefer b*tches.

Wildfyre

Wanderer
Good set of rules. Even as a Yewian tamer you'll never see me ride into battle unless it's an ambush. The only time I'm mounted is for travel.

As for pets I'll never bring a dragon or white wyrm to a battle unless it is asked for. A drake or a nightmare is the highest I'll bring to a raid...and only one of those.

I did have a question on field spells. Is it ok to use them defensively? As in we have a formation going and I use it to block off the side I'm vulnerable to. Wall of stone, fire field, poison field, paralyze field, and energy field. Let me know what everybody thinks...I'm personally not planning on spamming them just plopping one down to cover one side of me.

I'd like to see a definitive rule on it. No specialized rules. Either they are allowed or they aren't. Makes it easier on everybody that way.

a lawyer

Sorceror
Excellent post Nok!

I generally follow the disarm rule (weapon or bandage) when it's a melee class or archer class. If it's a mage i'll generally just take one of two of the reagents, generally shade or ash. I always try to leave the recall reagents. As for shiny things, you won't be getting those back. :D

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
Field spells are easily avoided and because of this I would say they are fine. We use Stone wall quite a bit during raids as it keeps out mages from going crim. So imo I would say thumbs up to field spells. Plus they look cool :)

Yeah lawyer I usually take Garlic so if they get the itch to fight more they cant heal or cure. :) I love when they dont realize until its to late hahaha Love me some panicked hummies!

Vestros

Sorceror
we generally tried to avoid using any paralize or para feild becasue if in the middle of a battle greifers decide to appear... we are not caught flat footed... the only time that we would actually use para/parafeild is agenst greifers

Vestros

Sorceror
as far as mounts go.. i really dont see a problem with it... TcD had a way of dealing with mounted people... we just reawlly didnt allow etheral mounts... unless it was jsut apart of your charater.. plus it gives pvp a new dynamic.. Bola the hell out of them.. also it gives you a reason to frequent the orc's fort.. to farm bola parts. it should be up the individiual guilds weather or not mounts are allowed not the community as a whole we shouldnt be so restrictive as a community that the whole dictactes the individual i:e. the razorbacks are a big part of the savage socity.. and if someone wanted to play an Native American guild.. horses would be a huge part of their guild.. so just keep thoes things in mind

Wildfyre

Wanderer
as far as mounts go.. i really dont see a problem with it... TcD had a way of dealing with mounted people... we just reawlly didnt allow etheral mounts... unless it was jsut apart of your charater.. plus it gives pvp a new dynamic.. Bola the hell out of them.. also it gives you a reason to frequent the orc's fort.. to farm bola parts. it should be up the individiual guilds weather or not mounts are allowed not the community as a whole we shouldnt be so restrictive as a community that the whole dictactes the individual i:e. the razorbacks are a big part of the savage socity.. and if someone wanted to play an Native American guild.. horses would be a huge part of their guild.. so just keep thoes things in mind

Very much agree with you. I don't have a problem with others using mounts but as a Yewian it goes against the way we fight. We are not knights charging in formation, we are not great plains horsemen...there are just to many trees in Yew for mounts to be very useful to us.

Vestros

Sorceror
oh no i know what ya are getting at.. i was just stateing before it even became a problem in the first place that we shouldnt restrict the paramaters so tight it chokes us

Torgin.

Sorceror
I've always felt that mounts have no place in RP battles. Mount speed just detracts from actual fighting. As soon as you get low on health, all you have to do is off screen and there's nothing your opponent can do to stop it. Its very similar to griefer tactics and we all know we get enough of that action to last us. I've got no problem using mounts to fight unwanted pks, but when we are having an actual battle, its annoying as hell.

Since Yew plays blue good guys, its not like we can kill live mounts when we bola them. It will lead to way too many problems from outside forces interfering.