UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Role Playing Community

Vestros

Sorceror
well if its an honorable fight there shouldn't be anything going on like off screening and yes mounts in pvp can cause some issues.. but like i said bola the hell out of them.. he will slow down considerably and if all he is concerned with during the fight is remounting instead of fighting then he shouldn't be that hard to kill... besides i am not saying that every one of us should be rolling around on mounts at every battle... but the people who do decide to rp and have mounts in battle shouldn't be chastised and limited for using mounts. what if we told the vikings they couldn't use boats..... or something like that. besides whomever you are rp'ng with and battle with will more then likely respect the fact of most peoples dislike for mounted troops... and refrain from it... also we could set the rule that if battling while mounted and end up bola'd one cannot remount until after the fight or until the person who bola'd you disengages or dies.

Torgin.

Sorceror
We could make that rule where they can't remount, but I personally don't trust most people's integrity when it comes to that. There would be too much drama over it. TcD has always advocated the use of mounts in battle. I especially liked their "Mounted Scout Party" technique that we saw fairly often when engaging them in the field. It lead to a lot of drama and he said she said bullshit. I won't argue anymore over mounts. I can't convince you or anyone else to not use them.

I'll just close out with: The Yew Militia does not support the use of mounts in RP battles and you will never see us use them when engaging an RP enemy. We will, of course, utilize them to combat pks and griefers who interfere during our battles. We will adapt and overcome any situation thrown at us to the best of our abilities, and this includes using bolas to dismount opponents.

Wildfyre

Wanderer
We could make that rule where they can't remount, but I personally don't trust most people's integrity when it comes to that. There would be too much drama over it. TcD has always advocated the use of mounts in battle. I especially liked their "Mounted Scout Party" technique that we saw fairly often when engaging them in the field. It lead to a lot of drama and he said she said bullshit. I won't argue anymore over mounts. I can't convince you or anyone else to not use them.

I'll just close out with: The Yew Militia does not support the use of mounts in RP battles and you will never see us use them when engaging an RP enemy. We will, of course, utilize them to combat pks and griefers who interfere during our battles. We will adapt and overcome any situation thrown at us to the best of our abilities, and this includes using bolas to dismount opponents.

Specialized rules also tend to muck everything up. Have clear and definite rules (like what Nok has set up) with no room for interpretation and everything will run a lot more smoothly than when the decision is left up to human judgement.

Vestros

Sorceror
i really dont like pvp with mounts either. i am just stating that the rules that help govern our roe shouldnt limit what rp guilds may have an idea about mounts haveing a large part of their history

Vestros

Sorceror
besides that TcD never really used an advance scouting party that was mounted ... the only scouting party we implimented was Ghouls and all of thoes were half naked armed lightly with Dp daggers.. hidden away and always attacked before a vampire showed up.. altho we did use mounted attacks sometimes...

Vestros

Sorceror
well apparently you haven't heard of the no tea bagging rule of 1876 but the old laws have been forgotten w/e :)

awsome

Traveler

This is all that needs to be said, because this is the only solution. Some will, some won't. Choose your stance and stick to it, but don't try to force anyone else to your point of view. Unless your method of forcing them is to bola them, in which case go nuts.

Vestros

Sorceror
that being said... if you do ride in and your mount dies.. .and its not bonded... your loss.. should have thought about that pre death

Vestros

Sorceror
its no secret... just smell em...... if the ostard smells of rat puke and bloody cheese ... its probally an urk.....:)

Middle Man

Sorceror
Good post. I would add having read a similar post in the past that the reason why the rule of looting to disarm or whatever is in effect is so that new recruits cant bitch when they do get looted regardless of if it happens once or several times. If it is stated in the rules as something that can be enforced then there is no room for complaint. This is very helpful when dealing with hurt feelings and whatnot at the end of battles when people are wondering were their items are. If a no loot policy was in place (and it has been in the past) then eventually something comes up with "hey who took my vanq spear?" after a battle then we have to hunt it down, punish the recruit and in general deal with hassle that is completely negated by saying "I dunno but it was probably looted as part of the ROE"

Vestros

Sorceror
heh i would be happy with a full loot policy.. but w/e that would only kill the community.. cause we all know TcD would just find a way into your coffers... << lol punny huh?