UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The server is being racked right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbab

Wanderer
Re: The server is being racked right now

1 or 2 hours? i wonder how many times that was said today, this fucking sucks:( of corse this has to happen on my day off now when im at work all day BOOORREEDUUMMM

Paracelsus

Sorceror

I think they have tried their best. The only thing we can do is WAITING.

Izual

Wanderer

Pumbab;2063751 said:
1 or 2 hours? i wonder how many times that was said today, this fucking sucks:( of corse this has to happen on my day off now when im at work all day BOOORREEDUUMMM

ouch,

*luvs working from home*

Zane Xander

Wanderer

Yeah went out to buy a new chair, ( True Story ) and when I returned - ACK -still down!

so atleaSt Im not having to deal with that horriable squeaky un comfortable piece of crap I was useing.
My chairs only seem to last 2 yrs...I got the insurance this time.. =-p

For the people waiting to stable pets, you need to understand how the world saving works. When the world last saved before the server went down it creates a "snap shot" or a "freeze of time" of the exact moment the world save occured.

If the server goes down, the world doesn't continue while its down, the server is inactive and when the world deserializes or "Loads" it will take that snapshot in time and "unfreeze" and start from there.

So if you were with your pet when the world saved and it was wonderfully happy, when ever the server finally comes back up it will be in the same condition it was in when the world last saved.

It's not like the amount of "stress" on a tamed pet that would accumulate over the last 15 hours will all apply to your pet when the world loads and cause it to go instantly wild, just doesn't work that way.

I believe this also applies to idocs, if the house had 12 hours to go when the last save occured then the house will have 12 hours when it loads. There will be a loss of time from the difference between when the world saved and when the world actually went down, but thats within an hour margin of error (seeing as the world saves are an hour appart).

Keilani

Sorceror

well i think i will watch my recoding of the mighty boosh while waiting and have my phone handy to check forums every now and then

a lawyer

Sorceror

Izual;2063754 said:
ouch,

*luvs working from home*

I don't usually go into the office on court days so usually one or two days a week I get to work from home. Must be nice to do that all the time... although I can't say i'm that productive at home... :D

Zane Xander;2063755 said:
Yeah went out to buy a new chair, ( True Story ) and when I returned - ACK -still down!

so atleaSt Im not having to deal with that horriable squeaky un comfortable piece of crap I was useing.
My chairs only seem to last 2 yrs...I got the insurance this time.. =-p

lol you insured a chair??

vermillion2083;2063756 said:
So if you were with your pet when the world saved and it was wonderfully happy, when ever the server finally comes back up it will be in the same condition it was in when the world last saved.

Verm, I think the fear is that the folks may not be around when it comes back up... thus their pet is left standing there and they aren't logged in.

newbieguy;2063734 said:
<@Mark>: We regret to inform you that we are looking at a good 2 weeks until the server will be up... Thank you for being patient, there will be several handouts...

Ill believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert

Paracelsus

Sorceror

I have no worry of pet going wild. I just doubt if I was on the mount in the dungeon while the server was saving.

For those in town, they should worry the herder around their pets.

Izual

Wanderer

I just hope those harpys didnt kill me when the server was going down!^

Zane Xander

Wanderer

Yeah, Staples sell extra insurance on office chairs..$10 bucks The past couple time I said, "no" only to wish I had because the arms break off. My last couple chairs the arms break where the screws go into the seat. The insurance is for 3 yrs.. so if it breaks I get a new one...

Izual

Wanderer

newbieguy;2063773 said:
u know u almost choked at ur pc when u first read it

ya i was like 'fuuuuuu time to re-activate my wow account'

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Look like the server is network accessible. (Now, can ping login.uogamers.com.) We may be one step closer now. :)

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Not yet up. Just accessible from the internet. I guess that they are going to install the game server soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.