UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Smiley Face guild

Megumi

Wanderer
The Smiley Face guild

Along with rN, they're saving pvp, stop calling them trash.

Wanna know how?

They're not syncing spells... Which makes them fun to fight. There's no healing through a 5man sync'd dump with less than 4 people and without disrupt. As a result certain groups have started using certain clients to gain an advantage... as a result pvp ahs degenerated into a state where any guild that doesn't conform to the current play style is automatically trash. What's more fun, 3v3ing in the pits all day while counting backwards from 3 over and over and over and over... or finding 15 guys who don't count backwards from 3 and attampting to pick one off while they drop random spells on you?

Kind of a given, right?

We call the ability to sync/heal through syncs skill... What bullshit.
I have a proposition to make, let;s stop syncing. Let's just go back to the simplicity of gunning someone down with spells rather than hitting someone with a big spike of damage.
Let's drop this idea that UO takes skill and more to the point, let's stop calling counting backwards skill... Or even worse, using a ventrilo bind to count for you. Let's stop being so overly competetive and go back to having fun... Please?

GeoX

Sorceror
Re: The Smiley Face guild

DementedJester said:
Along with rN, they're saving pvp, stop calling them trash.

Wanna know how?

They're not syncing spells... Which makes them fun to fight. There's no healing through a 5man sync'd dump with less than 4 people and without disrupt. As a result certain groups have started using certain clients to gain an advantage... as a result pvp ahs degenerated into a state where any guild that doesn't conform to the current play style is automatically trash. What's more fun, 3v3ing in the pits all day while counting backwards from 3 over and over and over and over... or finding 15 guys who don't count backwards from 3 and attampting to pick one off while they drop random spells on you?

Kind of a given, right?

We call the ability to sync/heal through syncs skill... What bullshit.
I have a proposition to make, let;s stop syncing. Let's just go back to the simplicity of gunning someone down with spells rather than hitting someone with a big spike of damage.
Let's drop this idea that UO takes skill and more to the point, let's stop calling counting backwards skill... Or even worse, using a ventrilo bind to count for you. Let's stop being so overly competetive and go back to having fun... Please?

wow. hypocrite much? this coming from the dude that was in the guild with bob and multicliented all the time while in it.....

Lesabre

Sorceror

For reals. And from what i've seen smiley face guild are a bunch of down syndrome ragers. No one wants to aflliliate with morons like that.

Str0ngold

Wanderer

i like to fight them and its true they rages alot my friend wanted me to go fight with em and i said i guess so and 1 of em died and they all loged off lol

Zelse

Wanderer

Okay, Jester. We can't sync, we can't xheal as well as most guilds. Here is why: We are about 2 months old as a guild. We're pretty new and aren't all used to eachothers' playing styles just yet. However, one love coming to our gh was a stupid idea. That was pretty much instant death for you guys. Stop getting mad and making "Call out" threads about us because it is really annoying. Nothing you post about us is going to change anything. Have fun, and see you on the field.

-TVM

Wow people are stupid. DJ is saying that syncing dumps isnt skill. UO doesnt require skills, it requires programs and people, thats all.

And tbh, ppl need to stop crying about =-) and how the play, a legit win is a win.

Valentino

Sorceror

it's pretty naive to think that people will stop using ventrilo and razor to play for them. uo pvp has become 90% automated thanks to programs. block all programs and make a UOA clone, that's about all we can do.

r33n

Knight

The Virgin Mary said:
Okay, Jester. We can't sync, we can't xheal as well as most guilds. Here is why: We are about 2 months old as a guild. We're pretty new and aren't all used to eachothers' playing styles just yet. However, one love coming to our gh was a stupid idea. That was pretty much instant death for you guys. Stop getting mad and making "Call out" threads about us because it is really annoying. Nothing you post about us is going to change anything. Have fun, and see you on the field.

-TVM

<3 you are welcome in factions, and i am the king of factions, therefor, You are in. I appreciate any new guilds in factions, i love you as well.

Zelse

Wanderer

Well it's been quite the warm welcome so far. Thanks for actually being cool, unlike the rest of everyone, angermann.

that dood

Wanderer

I dont have a problem with any one person in that guild, I have a problem with the fact that every time I have ever seen them, they where in massive number's and I like to PvP solo from time to time and the rediculous numbers you roll in make's that impossible and ruin's all the fun. I am sure that 1v1 or hell even 2v1 it could be fun, but why dont you ever give yourselves the opportunity to show your skill's in more even number's?

Jenova-gl

Sorceror

The Virgin Mary said:

-TVM

He was praising you for fighting without syncing, I didn't see any shittalking or "calling out." Maybe you should macro your reading comprehension skills.

Btw, I agree with Lud's post. Rage has been around for probably a year now and we've consistently been at the top of the game in pvp, but I still don't think this style of pvp means much, especially on the individual skill level. PvP has become robotic. Take off reflect, sync, heal, sync, heal and run if it any point you have 2 less people. It takes almost no individual skill, the only real challenge is on the caller, and with programs like Skype out now (aka uo syncing crutch extreme) newbie callers like GeoX that can't figure out how to call around a delay can sync too.

At this point in the game if you can't get a group together and after a month of playing together have a system where you can call and drop perfectly with about 80% efficiency, you should probably pick up a different game - its not hard.

Even healing which once took a lot of practice and good reflexes to do well has been simplified by crutch features on Razor and KUOC. You no longer have to worry about poison dropping your heal, this makes shitty healers capable of healing on the same level as the good ones. Who dies and who lives on the field in a group pvp situation largely relies on what clients and what macros people are using. KUOC users will always have the advantage in a defensive situation because KUOC pots are faster, and holding down smart pot allows for instant cure + heal with no thinking whatsoever involved. People using autocure macros, plugins, or scripts is even worse.

The worst part about group pvp right now though is the lack of distinction of individual skill. What I mean by that is I VERY rarely am impressed by a pvper in an organised group encounter, simply because the pvp is very robotic, its all the same. Syncing, healing, taking off reflect. There is nothing here that someone brand new to UO cant achieve.

Seeing El Oh Dee (this is just an example, dont get your panties in a bunch) perfect sync with the rest of his guild doesnt impress me, everyone should be able to do that by now. On the other hand, me getting walled out of a house 10v3 and Wade leaving house almost immediately with a heal up and healing me 3 times as 10 people dump me and i'm running offscreen DOES impress me, its the spontaneous shit that shows real skill.

Simply put, robotic pvp = no chance to shine.
Spontaneous, no vent pvp = the real quality pvpers stick out.

GeoX

Sorceror

Jenova said:
It takes almost no individual skill, the only real challenge is on the caller, and with programs like Skype out now (aka uo syncing crutch extreme) newbie callers like GeoX that can't figure out how to call around a delay can sync too.

rofl, looks like someone is raged from the beatings from yesterday. you will see how things have changed around here bud. you'll be seeing who's the " newbie caller " and who get's their asses whooped.

ps : rage sux my cox

Flipper

Knight

The Virgin Mary said:

-TVM

Wow you're stupid, he was saying that you guys are cool for not syncing, and he was being serious... and you flamed him? Idiot...

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

[drinkcure
[drinkheal
[drinkrefresh
[drinkstr
[drinkdex
[drinkexplo
[bandageself
[blowpouch
No programs, ftw.

But yes, I love =-) even though they seem to enjoy talking teh shit on us :'<
I am no pvp legend but they make some schoolboy errors and often rely too heavily on their numbers to make any improvements tbvh.
That said, much love.

Jenova, I could not agree more with your view, there really is no skill in what people do these days, robotic is certainly the right word for it. When I came here at first I'll be honest - I didn't even know what people meant by syncing, what I was used to was pure skill pvp, and when I was working with people I wondered how the fuck they didnt catch my heal or how some people were doing things so artificially - I really thought they were hacking, and I didn't use razor for a good while, but I do now - and without the heal blocks or other 'handy' contraptions. Back on OSI I learned my PvP without any progs except uo.exe, I don't know if those voice comm ones even existed? I'm sure some people remember having to phone others if something important was happening during factions era? Well people can write essays on these problems, and people can voice their opinions about it over forums or IM's. Things are set on stone now, and UO is steadily aiming itself down the hill, and most probably things won't rectify themselves to the way we really do want them to.

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

I used to double click a cure pot to set it on my UO lastobject macro so I could get a speedy cure off on the run.
Manual pvp was love, learning to crossheal and watch poisons, it as a beautiful era.