UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tokuno Champ, THE place to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronus

and his amazing friends
Re: Tokuno Champ, THE place to be!

Kiluad;294029 said:
Just tested it, no gold expired, but you're right, something was taking it. just have no clue what now... which is annoying... i wasn't annoyed before.... way to annoy people.

Even a single insured item can drain you pretty quickly if you're dying a few times in a row. Were you maybe carrying a ship key or treasure map? Sometimes these items can be insured and then overlooked when checking your equipment/inventory for insured items.

Johabius

Knight

I had a great time while I was there at Tokuno. I died a ton of times, but damn it was a good time. Hopefully by the time I log on again, this event will still be going on.

[Drakull]

Knight

Lol, nice building in the area :)
Btw, I was there for about 10 minutes, made 38K, died once (multiple hits from serado before being able to run away) and noticed a lot of disorganization....

1) There is a ton of spellweavers and necromancers, but the spellweavers don't seem to organize to join in an arcane circle to get a level 5 gem (that would last with a 100 spellweaving char about 3 hours).

2) The people keep not knowing how to do that champ:
- When healing yourselves from the poison from serado, and if you have magery: USE ARCH CURE. Generally will take less mana than the ton of unsucessful tries with cure and will also save you time (casting once, twice at maximum versus casting 20 times for nothing).

- To kill Serado the easiest way is with a provoquer: don't kill the remaining hiryus and onins in the area where serado spawns when the last candle is approaching and lure them with provocation to attack serado: that will kill him and won't make poison hits to be spawned as it's now, and if you want loot rights, just wait until is almost dead to hit a bit more, not that complicated.

3) It's not even fun (and really hard to see anything) when there are so many skeletal dragons and so many nature furies that you can't almost see an hiryu before it dies...

dead-eye

Knight

Kiluad;294029 said:
Just tested it, no gold expired, but you're right, something was taking it. just have no clue what now... which is annoying... i wasn't annoyed before.... way to annoy people.

well, considering that the onyl way i can see it is gone, would be that you have your items insured

Lippy

Wanderer

So who killed the last Champ ?

I was there the whole time and from what i saw , someone lured it away and killed it , because , it wasn't anywhere near the spawn .

Guess some things never change .

Need reinforcements for tokuno champ !

Lessers are out already , need more people.

Lippy

Wanderer

Lol Drak ,

Allow me to translate what you said.

You showed up just for the champ , ganked 38k and left with basically no work put in.

And it wasn't fun ?

they should have actually made the tokuno champ gives a small % chance for an ltot (like arties in doom) when doing a tokuno champ - that would gain some interest.

Jrudrow

Wanderer

Subjazz;294221 said:
they should have actually made the tokuno champ gives a small % chance for an ltot (like arties in doom) when doing a tokuno champ - that would gain some interest.

QFT

Man, that would be GREAT for people who weren't around for the Ltot's =(

zardd

Sorceror

Jrudrow;294232 said:
QFT

Man, that would be GREAT for people who weren't around for the Ltot's =(

It would be great for that champion spawn / area period to be honest..

Its been discussed to death but I doubt it will change, but as a pipe dream a drop chance\system similar to the doom bosses would be nice.
Of course it would only drop lessers to ensure the greater ToT still remain at a high value.
Given there is only 1 champion and you need to work it to even get it out means that its not like people will be able to 'farm' LToTs again either.
*Just to make it clear I am talking about only the champion its self having the chance NOT the stuff you kill to get him out.

Meh,

This event has been fun thanks again staff involved!

asterik

Wanderer

i went to one of the tokuno spawns the other night. i had just ressed when my comp did a nose dive, and an hour later when i finally fixed the problem i was dead in the healer house, and all my stuff was gone? i didnt have anything special, but considering my combined total gold on the shard is about 15k its kinda annoying to have to buy MORE armor, specially since ive only been able to find one -MAYBE- two vendors that stay stocked and arent insanely overpriced. ok im done. yes i would like some cheese with my whine.

Corven

Wanderer

Oh man that was a fun throw back. My main character was built to run that spawn and it's been a long while since I've done it. Thanks for getting people into the area again.

The healer is nice, but the "secure" building is annoying. People tend to bring the fight back there and when Serado's next to the building casting his poison AoE it means multiple deaths very quickly. When people had to either run to the ankh south of the spawn or the two healers near the Fan Dancer Dojo it was a bit better, because very few monsters traveled out that far.

Drakull made a lot of really good points. It's really disorganized out there, but most of those people haven't ever run the spawn before.

Among all of his tips I'd like to make one of my own. I've noticed that when everyone gets to the last two candles they struggle a bit. People push forward then die and they all start over again. The problem solves itself when everyone spreads out a bit and begins doing the spawn. Groups of two to three people are fine, but having a group of ten people in one area is a really slow way to do it and if one person slips and the others aren't paying attention.. well you all end up dead. Kinda funny to watch though.

Lippy said:
So who killed the last Champ ?
Yesterday I helped pull Serado away from the spawn two times where he was downed by three to four people. If you see the spawn stop and no boss spawn go look for him. Some things don't change, but you have to be ready to go searching for him if you want some loot.

Subjazz said:
hey should have actually made the tokuno champ gives a small % chance for an ltot (like arties in doom) when doing a tokuno champ - that would gain some interest.

We so talked about this the other day. =P If they even put a chance for two to four LToTs to drop off of Serado and set it up so they're treated like an artifact drop they'd have me there almost every day. The spawn is really fun and giving people a real reason to be there makes it even more so.

Oh! As for phat lewts I got an arcane crystal to spawn in my pack while doing the spawn. I are so richest neow.

[Drakull]

Knight

Arrant;294353 said:
Yesterday I helped pull Serado away from the spawn two times where he was downed by three to four people. If you see the spawn stop and no boss spawn go look for him. Some things don't change, but you have to be ready to go searching for him if you want some loot.

I remember when I still had my house in the snow area and pulled Serado once inside my house, killing it myself. It was kinda fun.....

Corven

Wanderer

Drakull-demise;294393 said:
I remember when I still had my house in the snow area and pulled Serado once inside my house, killing it myself. It was kinda fun.....

Mine was kinda cheating back then. I was just getting started on Demise and my character was still young. Got him deep into the woods and used all the spawn to kill him.

It was cheap, but man it was fun as hell.

Heck, even if there *wasn't* any special loot being dropped, I'm certain that any excuse to send people to the Sleeping Dragon spawn is great; indeed, unlike places like Blood and the Gauntlet, group PvM becomes *fun*, rather than stressful. There really isn't any of that competitiveness, to try to push others aside to maximize your shot at artifacts. I, after all, play the game to have fun and enjoy myself; artifact collecting is quite secondary. :p
Jrudrow;294005 said:
These are some of my first Champ spawns on Demise, and still kinda confused at how the PS's work.

Well, a quick run-down of how power scrolls work:
  • With the exception of special events (of which this is one) the only way to get power scrolls is from champion spawns in Felucca.
  • Scrolls are for 110%, 115%, and 120%; they do not technically "stack," though you can use a weaker one first, then later "upgrade" by using a better one.
  • As a GENERAL rule, you can only get scrolls for skills that you can also find in jewelry. So for instance, there is no jewelry that boosts "poisoning" or "camping," and likewise, there are no power scrolls for them.
  • At a champion spawn, when the champion him/herself appears, six (6) power scrolls will drop into the packs of those who got loot rights; they tend to be evenly split amongst such people.
  • If any of those who had a scroll drop in their pack was "protected" by someone using the "justice" virtue, the "protector" ALSO can get a scroll in their pack; the chance ranges from 60-100%, depending upon the "protector"'s level in "justice. Hence, it's possible to get a total of 12 scrolls from a spawn.
Note that the exceptions to the above are tailoring and blacksmithy: those scrolls do NOT normally drop at spawns, and are instead rewards for certain bulk order deeds. (BODs) They *do* come in 105% varieties.

Jrudrow

Wanderer

Nottheking...

IMO i think we should get a a forums name change deed to "Theking"

Thanks for the help there...now i need to hone my skills in pvp to get into a champ/pvp guild... =(

LoC

Wanderer

Drakull-demise;294393 said:

haha that would be tha shizzZi bet when the gold dropped u were juiced haha

Lippy

Wanderer

Arrant;294353 said:

Translation :

Yesterday I was feeling very , very selfish , so I took Serado away from all the people that helped run the spawn , he was downed by three or four other very self centered people like me . Guess you didn't look for him at all.

Kiluad

Sorceror

LoC;294779 said:
haha that would be tha shizzZi bet when the gold dropped u were juiced haha

Stop watching so many "learn how to be cool" tv shows on MTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.