UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Too many Noobie pks

cleburne61

Wanderer
Re: Too many Noobie pks

Yes, you guys, I played UO then. As far back as 99' stat loss was a reality. Before that, UO was still in Beta, when things are in Beta most things are different than the final outcomes.

"uogamers was made for uo veterans
uogamers is a pvp shard.
stat loss is not going to be added." - Trag

1)yes, yes it was made for vets(vets who aren't being given proper recognition)
2)there's a difference between pro-pvp, and pro-red friend, a big one
3)I guess you have the authority then to make that final decision, right?

And, no, I've not said I have trouble surviving. I've said I eat most reds for breakfast, the problem is, that the glory and reason for doing so is long gone. I want it back. I'm not going anywhere, people who see problems and suggest solutions are the bedrock of a smart, active, problem-solving community. That's the way UOgamers is and the way it should stay, and this is my final post on this thread. Folks have read both arguments, and can now decide for themselves. Pleasure debating with you guys.

cleburne61 said:
"Of course there's an unbiased opinion. I speak with people on a daily basis that can suspend their personal judgment to look at the situation objectively." - Cebrious again

Sir, each man who thinks he's objective is already thinking far too highly about his own opinion. That's exactly what I'm saying. You like your opinion, if not because you've taken a side, because you think you're objective, and that's agreeing with where you start. So a man always agrees with himself, even if what he believes changes.
You assume too much. You don't have to like an opinion to point out how it is more beneficial for the whole, or how it disagrees with another's opinion. Be objective, not opinionated.
cleburne16 said:
You've said you're here to play UO, and your friends have too, but UO before Trammie wasn't this UO, that's just that. It had stat loss, and it had bounty, so sorry....if you're here to play UO, you came to the wrong place friend. Which is why I want a return to the real one.

-Cleburne61
No, I came to UOG because this is the best shard around, hands down. I tried I.P.Y., they're toast, I tried Defiance, they're silly, I tried Angel Island and a few other no name shards, then I came to UOG: Hybrid. The real UO is that AOS piece of shït they make you pay for. If you want real UO, go to UOG: Rebirth, that is real, old school, UO, and I have a character on there that's a PK. Statloss isn't scary, it's just not right for UOG: Hybrid. And, OSI: UO did and does have statloss even with Trammel, yet there are still the ässhole miner killing PKs there always were.

trag

Sorceror

if you check on uogateway it clearly states that uogamers is a pvp shard.

i never said that i had the authority to make such a decision, but i know that the satff wouldn't do something as lame as stat loss - they know their players dont want to macro skills over and over - THEY JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME.

THATS WHY UOGAMERS IS GREAT HOW IT IS.

you can just play the game, and not worry about ******ry macroing.

Trag said:
THATS WHY UOGAMERS IS GREAT HOW IT IS.

For you.

If we never tried anything new, we would'nt be the sever we are today.
The sever that competes with production severs. The sever that is known for not doing the norm.

xVicex

Wanderer

Maybe they don't use 50 assistant programs to insta bandy.. potion drink..and all the other crap the "real good" PK/PvP players use.

trag

Sorceror

what i have gathered from cleburne is this
"i want to kill reds and have the pride of making them have to macro for 2 days!"

what i have gathered from twisted arm is this
"i like to pop my head in to troll, kekelawl i ride teh bandwagon"

i wouldn't doubt you are one of those blues that just waits with his last target macro with explo precasted, waiting for the first blue out of 50 to attack a single red.

there is no reason why stat should be added here.

trag

Sorceror

xVicex said:
Maybe they don't use 50 assistant programs to insta bandy.. potion drink..and all the other crap the "real good" PK/PvP players use.

vice, sadly with programs like krrios client, easyuo, and in some instances razor, it makes for a different level of playing field, and on this server you have to either adapt or die.

Jilt

Wanderer

I posted this on another thread and I'll post it again.

Jilt said:
It really is about time for some statloss. (skill and stat penalty)

The last few trips to minoc I've seen 2-3 reds jumping miners at minoc. Considering that they're not even risking statloss from dying, that's downright pathetic.

On EA shards, most pks had a main character which was either blue or a non statloss red along with a statloss red. With a non statloss red you can kill in moderation and macro off your short terms to avoid statloss. Even if you go on a spree, you had the option to macro that time off as a ghost. On the statloss red, you could go on very long killing sprees without macroing off your counts... then when you died you could either take the statloss and work up your skills again or delete the toon and make a new one.

On Hybrid, skill gain is VERY fast and cheap, so taking statloss wouldn't be that big of a deal. It would just keep the unskilled out of the situation. It would also bring in the bounty system which is quite fun. The antis and pks(on their non statloss character) hunt the pks for the bounty gold and to kill off the competition.

It's risk vs reward. If you take the reward of getting massive easy kills from players with low mana, players engaged with a mob, the unexperienced, the unequipped and unprepared.. you should take the risk of statloss. I was against it for a long time but mostly because crashes and connection loss were so frequent. You could still get those easy kills without the risk... but in moderation.

Does your heart not beat as fast when you pvp anymore? Try pking while deep in statloss. :)

If you want to attack people who are prepared to fight, then join factions or order/chaos. If you want easy kills, take the risk.

Btw, this is from someone who's taken heavy statloss several times when skills weren't gm'd in a few hours.

trag

Sorceror

quote:

On Hybrid, skill gain is VERY fast and cheap, so taking statloss wouldn't be that big of a deal. It would just keep the unskilled out of the situation. It would also bring in the bounty system which is quite fun. The antis and pks(on their non statloss character) hunt the pks for the bounty gold and to kill off the competition.

when is the last time you gmed resist here?
aint so quick anymore...

Ok. I read the past 6 pages,and while I have enjoyed some fine trolling I still have no clue wtf this thread is about. What are we discussing now?

Jilt

Wanderer

Trag said:
quote:

when is the last time you gmed resist here?
aint so quick anymore...

Well gm resist maybe no... but I've gotten over 96 resist on 3 players in a week.

trag

Sorceror

balron the thread is about "newbie pks" and how reds need statloss

if the pks are newbs, why not just ****ing pk them?

its like adding trammel or something

and the other half of the thread is pud/poptart getting served via forums

Jilt

Wanderer

Trag said:
its like adding trammel or something

It's actually quite like how EA's UO is now. There's no statloss there either and look what a steaming pile of **** it's become.

All of the action is just outside of town from between the red and blue groups running back and forth to each other, killing newbies between town and the moongates.. remind you of hybrid? :p

Jilt said:
It's actually quite like how EA's UO is now. There's no statloss there either and look what a steaming pile of **** it's become.

All of the action is just outside of town from between the red and blue groups running back and forth to each other, killing newbies between town and the moongates.. remind you of hybrid? :p
If there is no statloss there, that's not the reason it's a steaming pile of shït because almost everyone that enjoys UO PvP left before/right after AOS came out. That's why it's a steaming pile of shït.

That style of PK/PvP may remind you of Hybrid, but it doesn't remind me. I PK at Brit GY, Del, Deceit, Titans, and Buc's Den typically. And now that guards don't whack reds for being in town, I like to run through Brit and Del to get some attention and a good fight. Perhaps the key for you would be exposing yourself to more PK and PvP than what you are doing currently. It's out there because PKs like Trag and myself are out there.

Jilt

Wanderer

Cebrious Arcane said:
If there is no statloss there, that's not the reason it's a steaming pile of shït because almost everyone that enjoys UO PvP left before/right after AOS came out. That's why it's a steaming pile of shït.

That style of PK/PvP may remind you of Hybrid, but it doesn't remind me. I PK at Brit GY, Del, Deceit, Titans, and Buc's Den typically. And now that guards don't whack reds for being in town, I like to run through Brit and Del to get some attention and a good fight. Perhaps the key for you would be exposing yourself to more PK and PvP than what you are doing currently. It's out there because PKs like Trag and myself are out there.

I do expose myself to plenty of pvp/pk... but I like to fight one or two at a time. With the limited areas of player population, you constantly run into groups over and over.

Trag said:
what i have gathered from twisted arm is this
"i like to pop my head in to troll, kekelawl i ride teh bandwagon"

Just because someone wasnt backing you up doesnt make them a bandwagon hopper. Your like one of those jokes, not the shiniest stack of 60k in the bank are ya? One exceptionally crafted tunic short of a BOD is what you are.

Pudrick said:
Just because someone wasnt backing you up doesnt make them a bandwagon hopper. Your like one of those jokes, not the shiniest stack of 60k in the bank are ya? One exceptionally crafted tunic short of a BOD is what you are.

druid311

Wanderer

So, whats your point? Blues have gotten crappier and crappier too...

come on guys, who gives a sh!t. There will always be crappy reds blues oranges yellows purples indigos and violets. Ive heard this "is it more or have reds started to suck" comment for about 7 years now. Ever since reds existed people have said this. Its just stupid. Of course some reds suck. But a lot of people suck (especially compared to all you 1337 haxxorz).

amen