UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO Gamers sets records again.

R

Ryan

UO Gamers sets records again.

As many of you know I am going through some tough times right now with a dying relative and tonight I used UO Gamers to escape reality for a bit and have a good time. Tonight I issued a challenge to our players to hit an online count of 1500 players again. As many of you know the last time we did this the server crashed at 1400 something. Well tonight not only did you meet the challenge the server held up and didn't have any problems what-so-ever.

I want to take the time to say thank you to the people who made this possible. Special thanks to Mark and Krrios who have basically in my absence done an entire core rewrite of RunUO to optimize it and get things fixed. Many of you know this was going on because of the lag issues we have had recently however as tonights test proved when we hit an online count of 1739 players we dont have a lag problem any more. A few of you were complaining of a slow loginserver but that was actually a client issue loading the number of players on your screen :), not a RunUO issue!

I gave out some killer reward items, setup an awesome war for server wars and will be having some of the staff members run a CTF after server wars. I am amzed at the progress we have made ;)

Geek statistics:

Packets per second peak was a little bit over 12,000. Meaning we were pushing a total of 12,000 packets per second to all of the clients out there.

Bandwidth usage with 1700+ online was about 8 Megabits per second. A little over 5 full T1's of bandwidht. This proves that its not about QUANTITY of bandwidth but quality of bandwidth.

CPU Utilization on our server (Quad Xeon) was about 35% and RAM Utilization for the RunUO Process pushed about 1.8 gigabytes.

Thanks again to all of you for making UO Gamers the success it is.

Ryan

AnBuSasuke

Wanderer
WE COULDA HIT 2K!! if people where able to create more accounts i was only running 6 clients which i could have been running 20+ if i could have made more accounts

D

Dragon Wisperer

Thanks a ton GM ryan

Thanks alot man i was thinking about quiting the shard bc i was starting to get bored but this reminded me of what this shard is made of and why i play it. I hope to see you around the shard and welcome back...Also i would like to say good luck all in CTF ill cya there :)

Oh man, I got on too late for rewards, didn't I? I came on at about 2:10 after I got the game installed here at home (at home from school for weekend)

AnBuSasuke

Wanderer
would also like to add thanks for throwing in them skill balls for server wars...i found a nice bad ass pvp tamer template i loved lol

^Rv

Wanderer
Im so sad Ryan.

I was so pumped for an ethy.

Goodjob tho....

GREAT server wars.

No CTF for me.. work in 3 hours.. hahaha

richiebucs

Wanderer
Great Job

Yo it was fun but pks mess it up a lot and as much as a wanted to get to 2k i think ethys was a bad idea. They are really rare and if 2k people had them that would make the game stupid. some poepl have to pay real $ for those.But otherwise great achievment and great sw!!!

Signed
THe PiZzA BoY

Phantom16

Wanderer
First i want to say, im sorry to hear about the tough times in your life ryan, i hope it all gets better soon....i know thats a hard thing to do, but just try and work through it.

second, Thanks for the awesome night! the prizes, the CTF, the server wars....all of it ROCKED!

its amazing that a free shard can hold that many people with no problems, lol i had 5 clients runing but 2 of them crashed..... mabey my comp needs a little RunUO juice....lol

Thanks again ryan!

And thanks to everyone else who helped make this posible!
no wonder i cant stop playing.... this shard is just to damn perfect!

Wrath Child

Sorceror
and i miss all the good stuff.. i'm kinda bummed though but eh such is life.. family to take care of i'm sure i'll catch it again some time.. :)

Atiquis

Wanderer
I was running 11 accounts for awhile, was so laggy I had to go AFK, came back and had like 80 prizes lol.. Awesome job Ryan/Mark/Krrios.

C

Cricket

I paid 25k for a mask...:(

Oh well, they'll be worth something someday.

~C