UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO Map Minecraft Server

psz

Administrator
The server has been updated to 1.7.4

Changelog from Mojang:

◾Added integrated Twitch broadcasting!
◾Fixed render distances above 8 (may not work in multiplayer, servers have their own view distance they limit you to)
◾Many bug fixes and optimizations!

psz

Administrator
Trying to keep track of whose done what:

The Keep between Britain and Moongate (???)

The farm West of Britain (Wardka)

The small house in the mountain, with flowers and waterfall ( Kat)

The Chicken Farm near the "Ruins of Old Britain"

The Keep near the Coast (This is Reatsul as he as a sign up)

Greyhawk Keep (Rothbard's)

Horrace's Hole (The giant HORRACE kinda gives it away ;->)

Vis' Burrow (Well... It's Vis' ;->)

Britain/LBC (Me)

Any other places I should know about?

(plan to update the info on the UDICraft forums, as well as put together a "server tour")

psz

Administrator
To clarify: All OVERWORLD music was replaced. Nether and End music were not touched (at least as of now)

Rasah

Sorceror
Now if only someone actually made a UO mod for Minecraft. I was actually thinking about this the other day. With some work you could make Minecraft into a pretty damn good 3D '98 UO.

-Skill based gains,
-Trees that regenerated (can't cut bottom block and it regrows)
-Mountains that regenerated their terrain (Stone regenerates over time with random ore spawns)

I have so many ideas but I don't want to spam your thread.

ANYWAY, I am interested in checking this out but I have a shit hole computer. Is there a lot going on that will lag my comp? Also, can we get some screenies?

psz

Administrator
There are a number of RPG/Magic mods for Minecraft, but most mods (in general) don't work on 1.7.4 (which is what we're at)

I should have something mid-week ready to show off ;-> (Otherwise, any pics I've posted have been on Twitter or FB)

As for lagging a machine: It's Minecraft. If a regular MC world doesn't lag you, you'd be fine ;->

psz

Administrator
Here's a map of the populated area.... Pretty sure you can tell where this is ;->

psz

Administrator
Server updated. The desert North East of Britain is now partly Mesa (Red sand, hardened clay, etc). There is also a podzol biome East of Vesper

psz

Administrator
I've downloaded a copy of the world, and there are major chunk errors. At this point, I think I will restore the backup I made this weekend (Saturday, I believe). Hoping this was caused by the node outage, and not an issue with the map. I'll post again when I finish the restore

psz

Administrator
Server is back up. As I feared, I have a LOT of rebuilding to do :-P Hopefully this was a one-off event.

psz

Administrator
So, a lot of the mods have (finally) been updated to 1.7.2. We are on 1.7.4, and I would guess that the mods will be updated to it soon as well.

..... HOWEVER, 1.8 snapshots are already out, featuring new block types, new features, etc.
I would love to use those new blocks but that would most likely require either a map reset or some MCEdit magic (Which could also fix the cave system lameness).
On the other hand, once the mods are updated, we could have things such as Mo Creatures, VoxelMap (or other minimap), and other possible RPG elements.... Also allows us to keep the current map (Though I would still like to play with MCEditing the map a bit to try to improve cave systems and/or use the Rogue-like Dungeons mod)

And, and Pixelmon of course (j/k)

So, what's everyone else's opinions?