UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOG: Hybrid Revolution

Re: UOG: Hybrid Revolution

kevine326;1617381 said:
I fail to see that... red's are the ones killing me with this explosion pot mostly... and if its not a macro I'm stunned at the timing cause i can run away like hell and still get hit EVERY time.

Yes.. people are that good they can count down from 3 or 4 and hit last target right before the 1 comes up...

So what you are saying is you're bad at PvP and want to make PvP easier so u can survive? And bringing back AoE won't stop the reds from killing you. It will stop me from killing reds because they will just bring a blue around like they used to and count me until I am red.

Chadarius

Wanderer

As I see it there are two big problems. The first is an imbalance in play styles that seriously favor's PK's. I think a healthy shard will have a good balance in all play styles. This includes PvP, PvM, RP, and Commerce.

If there is no one in the dungeons and no one gathering resources, and no RP communities, then what are all the PK's supposed to do? Factions and PK'ing can't sustain themselves in a game like this indefinitely.

I think the incredibly lame potion throwing needs to go, and reds need to be guard whacked except in Bucs Den like it should be. Then I think perhaps people may gravitate back towards taking some risks when the odds are more even.

People are flocking to Divinity because the economy isn't ruined with inflation, there is actually room for houses, and PvP/PK play styles aren't over powered.

Just even things out a little bit. Not that much really. Diverse play styles makes a strong shard.

JamesD

Wanderer

Blacula-;1617336 said:
rly needs some changes to help pvp ;[

1. make runics unblessable

hybrid is way too item based atm ;[

Then they'll have to fix weapon damage and successful connection chances to make those warriors out there have a fighting chance. Sorry if you can't get enough gold to buy the weapons, nor earn them yourself.

"Welcome to UO Gamers, an Ultima Online free shard offering you an experience like no other.

UO Gamers is set in the Publish 15/16 era." (www.uogamers.com)

Lets take a Look back at History (taken from the UO website):

The Faction System - Faction Introduction Dec 6 2000 12:40PM CST
This is the Faction System Introduction, part 1 of 3 documents

"Bulk Order Deeds Nov 30 2001 4:38PM CST
A system that gives crafters (in this case, blacksmiths) the chance to fulfill bulk orders of specified items in return for extra rewards"

"Publish 15 Updates and Bug Fixes Jan 10 2002 10:56AM CST
Publish 15 will include various updates and bug fixes, specifically in the categories of"

JamesD

Wanderer

I don't know, but one of the best things about OSI throughout my play time on there were the GM run Mega-Events. Siege of Trinsic anybody? And they kept the storyline of the game going by doing random mega-events. I love the events on our shard, Bag Ball, CTFs, FFAs, Tournies, they are all great, but maybe bring around the Events that have a Story Line, and make it include and effect the whole shard temporarily. During Siege of Trinsic, Reds helped the monsters, and used the town for their own because the guards were off. There was also the Invasion of Minoc (by ettins?? and other monsters??). And then with the release of Third Dawn there was the whole Lord British was captured and Blackthorn turned into some weird ass monster thing.

This all did great things with UO, it kept the playerbase across every shard intrigued, gave them something out of the ordinary to do, and made everyone work together to decide the temporary fate of the shard. At the same time, there was a lot of loot to be had (for reds and blues, off of players or monsters), and the chance that any person could be there when the final mega-monster died in these events, and any person could have a shot at some valuable items off the corpse. In the Siege of Trinsic, it was tattered Bandages if I remember correctly (maybe mummy bandages?).

Kwan852

Sorceror

Blacula-;1617336 said:
rly needs some changes to help pvp ;[

1. make runics unblessable
2. change pot aoe back to normal
3. make mares require 100 lore (havn't seen many pvp tamers lately tho)
4. remove faction items (storms eye ect)

[SIZE=+10]hybrid is way too item based atm[/SIZE] ;[

[SIZE=+10]BANKSIT IS WAY TOO ITEM BASED ATM
AND
YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PVP:) [/SIZE]

furryolboy

Sorceror

kdivers;1617492 said:
is divinity gunan have a donation thing? until donation comes around, it wont be flooded

It does have a donation thing. But everything is so expensive. Blessed black sandals are $100. Divinity will never be as flooded with "leet" items/gold like hybrid. :)

Personally, Divinity isn't my play style and never will be so Hybrid will always be my shard of choice. While some have chosen to play Divinity over Hybrid, or Hybrid over Divinity, or play both simultaneously is their decision. It is nice to see Divinity up and running with a high population that matches Hybrids because that means more people are playing and supporting UOG as a whole and I see no downside to that. Those that say one or the other is better are just bias, as we all play the shards that we feel compliment what we enjoy more over the others that are readily available to us. However, I do agree with the OP in saying that it is, indeed, time to revise and give Hybrid a face lift; it needs it.

There are countless threads on numerous subjects that many players wish to see adjusted, but much to the dismay of the population have yet to be implemented. I do not know why they are or are not being added and everything I assume is just pure speculation. I'm sure the staff are giving it their all in adjusting what needs to be done: PvP enhancements, spawn, the economy, fishing enhancements, PvP alterations and balances...ect. I have no reason to believe otherwise that they are not giving attention that is needed.

Sadly a lot of time has passed with many ideas and changes not added. I am not a coder nor attuned in that sort of field to realize the difficulty in doing such projects while maintaining the rest of their lives outside this virtual realm of Ultima Online. I know many players grow restless in seeing certain things go unchanged, but I think we just need to be patient.

As Ajax among others have said, Hybrid is the flagship of UOG. Divinity just received what appears to be desperate additions to make it more enjoyable and I'm positive Hybrid is not far behind. I'm happy to see it there, but also sure that we will experience such additions here as well. The flagship will lead the pack once again soon.

I, like many others have gone to Divinity.

Reason:

NO alchy whores, it's much more enjoyable. Not to mention no factions; thus people are more willing to accept death, where as in UOG some players would rather be kicked in the balls irl than suffer a fatality in UO.

I will still play UOG, just not as much.

My brother and I and having an awesome time on UOG; dungeons are filled, pks are everywhere, and there is not a blue, wanding, pot throwing faggot in sight.

Blue Factions/Gankers and Alchy have made UOG less enjoyable, fix this and you will fix some problems.

Only things i would like to try/see on UOD would be mounts and t2a enabled - tera keep farming!