UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOGamers - PvP Tourney/Changes/Shard Stats

R

Ryan

UOGamers - PvP Tourney/Changes/Shard Stats

Professional PvP Tournament:

Due to the number of emails we have recieved regarding a paid player tournament similar to what IPY did last weekend we are thinking about it.

Basically it would boil down to we pick a day, start the tournament an hour early and give you guys an hour to get everyone joined. Based on my guesses and past experience with tournaments here I would assume that we will easily get 150 or so players entered.

I really like what IPY decided to do as far as calling this a 'professional' UO Tournament something like what you see with other games out there right now.

What I figured we could do is the following:

1. No staff can enter.
2. No entry fees (we will ensure that the character is a vetran on UO Gamers though).
3. Top 3 players will get rewarded.

As you know with our private Tournament system this will be automated to ensure that no one can cheat. The rulesets will be posted when we decide a date.

I figured we could have 3 brackets for this tournament... Mages, Dexers and 2v2. This should really spice it up.

As far as payouts go.

1v1 Mage:

1. 250 USD - Blessed Robe Stating you won - Commodity Deed for 10k of each Reg - 250k Gold
  2. 50 Dollar Gift Cert. to UOGamers Donation Store - 200k
  3. 15 Dollar Gift Cert to UOGamers Donation Store - 100k

1v1 Dex:

1. 100 USD - Blessed Robe Stating you won - Commodity Deed for 10k of each Reg - 250k Gold
  2. 25 Dollar Gift Cert. to UOGamers Donation Store - 200k
  3. 10 Dollar Gift Cert to UOGamers Donation Store - 100k

2v2:

1. 25 USD (per player) - Blessed Robe Stating you won - Commodity Deed for 10k of each Reg - 250k Gold
  2. 15 (per player) Dollar Gift Cert. to UOGamers Donation Store - 200k
  3. 10 (per player) Dollar Gift Cert to UOGamers Donation Store - 100k

PvP Changes Coming:

Yes, we listen... in an effort to make PvP a little more interesting we are considering a patch that will impliment some new spell timers into UOGamers, as well as some changes to non-magery skills.

Some changes will be coming to pets and skill loss on death, and misc other changes to follow.

Server Stats
I was curious last night, so I decided to check some stats on the server. There is no doubt in my mind that we are the largest player run shard out there, so here are some stats that I pulled last night:

Playermobiles in world: 60,000 +
Accounts: 30,000 +
Banned Accounts (at time of posting): 30
Mobiles: 90,000 +
Items: 2.5 Million +

Thanks for your continued support,
Ryan

Yeah I saw the vote come up last night. Sounds interesting and would like to see further details about the layout and design of the tourney.

Galgum

Page
God, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this one. But why is the reward for 1st place in the fighter tournament not even half the reward for 1st place in the magery tournament. It's not like being a mage takes any addition skill, or a fight more interesting. Or is it just that you know there's like 3x mages on this shard? I dunno, that just bothered me. Other than that, sounds like a bad ass idea.

Galgum said:
God, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this one. But why is the reward for 1st place in the fighter tournament not even half the reward for 1st place in the magery tournament. It's not like being a mage takes any addition skill, or a fight more interesting. Or is it just that you know there's like 3x mages on this shard? I dunno, that just bothered me. Other than that, sounds like a bad ass idea.
It's because the fighter one's all luck. :p

Galgum

Page
I don't know about you, but I love pvp with my hybrid fencer. Where would he go to fight to participate on this tournament thing? He's not pure mage, and he's not pure melee. I guess I'll just 2v2 with zoiz on him. It really all depends on the ruleset for the fighter tournament, like if healing spells are allowed, pots, etc.

The only thing I should note is that, the last tournament I remember, a few bugs occurred resulting in the fights not ending when they should have, resulting in both teams being knocked out of the tournament when time ran out. If that happened in a tournament for money, all hell would break lose.

fierywater said:
It's because the fighter one's all luck. :p

I hope you weren't serious on that. Takes just as much skill to own with a mage as it does with a dexxer. And yeah I was wondering why the money was higher with the mage? It really shouldn't matter either way. :confused:

.Y.

Wanderer
Shock Therapy said:
I hope you weren't serious on that. Takes just as much skill to own with a mage as it does with a dexxer. And yeah I was wondering why the money was higher with the mage? It really shouldn't matter either way. :confused:

Because you are wrong. a 5x mage fight has nothing to do with luck, unless you're casting 7th/8th circle spells, but all about experience, timing and skill.

Any other fight is based on either items or luck. (of course without skill, luck and items won't do you no good, but that doesn't make this statement less true.)

.Y. said:
Because you are wrong. a 5x mage fight has nothing to do with luck, unless you're casting 7th/8th circle spells, but all about experience, timing and skill.

Any other fight is based on either items or luck. (of course without skill, luck and items won't do you no good, but that doesn't make this statement less true.)

Obviously we are going to agree to disagree. But to say that dexxers don't require timing? Come on, I've only been on this shard for 4 days and I have no idea what kind of dexxers you have, but a GOOD dexxer is going to choose the right weapon, armor, ect for the right opponent. In my opinion it doens't take much exp, skill or timing to cast e-bolt ~ para combos or explosion combos....what's that F5 F6 F7....... But to each their own. If you want to stand up and talk up a mage, then fine..........but don't put down a dexxer while you're doing it. :D

Afro Man

Wanderer
With razor dexers take 0 skill. You tab, double click and push your heal self macro when needed.. A mage on the other hand you need to use different combos if one doesn't work and you need to know how to defend certain combos. If warriors aren't allowed magic weapons that tourney will take 3 weeks to finish unless one gets LUCKY and hits 10 times in a row.

Kurdy-hybrid

Wanderer
All duels should be 7x. If Richard Garriot only intended there to be 5 used skills in a fight, then he would have made it that way.
He did. Don't you remember area-learning and people running around setting fires? :)

Shock Therapy said:
Actually, I wasn't really serious. Part of it is with a dexxor, but not nearly enough to have such a reward difference.

Atriox

Sorceror
First thing's first:

Shock Therapy said:
Been here 4 days and already donated $50.00 What have you done for UOGamers lately?

You're gay.

Back to being on topic:
The reason why the reward is different is because the majority of this shard plays mages. Therefore, the majority of the donations come from mages. Thus meaning, most of the players will have contributed to the mage tourney's pot, making it have a greater value.

Whether you like playing Dexxers or Mages is up to you, but that's why the mage's tourny is worth more.

Galgum said:

I would guess it's due to the fact that the mages heavily out number the dexxers on the shard. So more participants should equal more money for being the Pimp Daddy on Top. I'm going for the Dexer dueling anyway, maybe a 2v2 if I can find someone in game hehe.

elohdee

Knight
.Y. said:

actually on this shard.. 5x is based on faking and luck of resist, and that is all :)