UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Upcoming changes for production server

R

Ryan

Upcoming changes for production server

We will be implimenting three changes to the production server.

As of right now the pet skillgain on the production server is two times as fast as player skillgain. We are removing that bonus so that pet skillgain is normal again.

We will alo be adding a new NPC to all of the towns called a Ranger. This NPC will for a price find your pets that are lost and draw you a map of where they are so that you may go and get them. This will cost money but its much better than being screwed by that follower slot.

The third change, the change that will be most controversial is that we are lowering skillgain for all crafting skills. Basically what this means is in an effort to keep an economy and do some good to it we are going to make crafting skills valuable again. You wont be able to GM a crafter in one night, this should make current merchants more valuable and future ones much more valuable. The amount of this change is yet to be determined but it should make for a more interesting game experience.

Thanks,
Ryan

Good idea about the crafters. But the only way your going to get crafters more useful is to make the items they make more useful. 4/5th the items they make no one uses. No one even wears dragon armor. :confused:

Danny Boy

Wanderer
love the crafter idea

love the ranger script ur adding

I <3 all you UO Gamers staff that ares cripting these awesome things makin better than OSI

by productive server u mean test center?

Danny Boy

Wanderer
i dont know why ud wanna make pets easier to 7x gm? then we'll have tamers everywehre, pk meham, and then u'll want to make it harder in the future once theres so many.... like i mean all in all, u shud make taming harder like a crafter skill - so we dont have many pk tamers goin around - its hard enuff alrdy u know.

BOMBA67

Wanderer
Yes Animals should be harder to gm cause that way evrybody will wana go tammer and 40 ppl atacking with dragons will be a hell of lag!

BraveLungs said:
i dont know why ud wanna make pets easier to 7x gm? then we'll have tamers everywehre, pk meham, and then u'll want to make it harder in the future once theres so many.... like i mean all in all, u shud make taming harder like a crafter skill - so we dont have many pk tamers goin around - its hard enuff alrdy u know.
They're not...pet skillgain is being reduced by this. :confused:

BrandT

Wanderer
Great additions. Will you guys also implement Chaos' idea to revert people's crafting skills by 20% (or something) so that the people who have the crafters already will have to decide wether it is worth their while to have their crafter or buy from the other players?

Good idea about the crafters. But the only way your going to get crafters more useful is to make the items they make more useful. 4/5th the items they make no one uses. No one even wears dragon armor.
the reason for no one wearing dragon armor is
its really a pain to make a full suit of it, and its not a whole lot better then exceptional plate, lol so yea we should make them better

Que Cee

Sorceror
Ryan said:
We will be implimenting three changes to the production server.

As of right now the pet skillgain on the production server is two times as fast as player skillgain. We are removing that bonus so that pet skillgain is normal again.

We will alo be adding a new NPC to all of the towns called a Ranger. This NPC will for a price find your pets that are lost and draw you a map of where they are so that you may go and get them. This will cost money but its much better than being screwed by that follower slot.

The third change, the change that will be most controversial is that we are lowering skillgain for all crafting skills. Basically what this means is in an effort to keep an economy and do some good to it we are going to make crafting skills valuable again. You wont be able to GM a crafter in one night, this should make current merchants more valuable and future ones much more valuable. The amount of this change is yet to be determined but it should make for a more interesting game experience.

Thanks,
Ryan

Superb.

I assume the crafting skills will be like they were about a year ago before ya'll increased the gains? Should we expect such to become of other, non craft related, skills?

Danny Boy

Wanderer
again

when is this gonna be implemented?

i lost my bonded mares got lured

need that ranger NOW

and how much is it gonna cost?