UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update February 1, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickman48

Knight
Last question wich is stronger luck over dmg or gmd over luck.

That is all thank.you for clarifying the question.

Well mine hehe

Id go for damage with as much luck as you can fit in. so like instead of jackels on dexxors use a mempho if your a 1 handed sampire and not tanking the boss then toss on a luck shield, mages can drop resist and start stacking luck instead should not drop damage at all.

So waited 6 years for a point system similar to OSI but get one that is the same as the previous and just allows luck to help everyone and not just the person with top damage? I am confused slightly but more towards how this was helpful. I understand it can end extremely long dry spells but unless I drop out of college and move into my parents basement I still need to rely on the random drop chance to get my artifacts. :confused:

I appreciate that the server is getting updates to game content more so over the last year than the 7 before it but little saddened this was the one I was actually looking forward to. It's like asking for a car and receiving a bicycle, can still get to where you need to go just not as fast as you would have hoped. lol

hickman48

Knight
So waited 6 years for a point system similar to OSI but get one that is the same as the previous and just allows luck to help everyone and not just the person with top damage? I am confused slightly but more towards how this was helpful. I understand it can end extremely long dry spells but unless I drop out of college and move into my parents basement I still need to rely on the random drop chance to get my artifacts. :confused:

Pretty much

Obviously most people, including me, want to have the items they want (redundant statement is redundant lol)
With that said, i think the intent wasn't to drastically change how many items you receive over an extended period of time.
This should help keep the value of the items similar to what they are now.
It seems to me it is probably still faster (and certainly more entertaining) to obtain the artifacts you desire by looking for other items you can sell or trade for said artifacts
As far as i'm concerned this seems fine because it allows folks that just want to relax and do a few gauntlet runs continue to do so, knowing that each run they complete isn't "wasted"
And at the same time it prevents folks that do NOT want to do gauntlet runs from feeling like they need to do gauntlet runs in order to remain competitive in the "economy"
just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Eos

saud

Sorceror
Are points added > damage + kill + luck = points or is it > luck + damage + kill = points or kill + damage + luck = points. I have to believe the monster has to die before points are handed out, correct?

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Are points added > damage + kill + luck = points or is it > luck + damage + kill = points or kill + damage + luck = points. I have to believe the monster has to die before points are handed out, correct?
Exactly what I was thinking . 2 suit before he dies switch to luck

Lucifall

Knight
This is true. Your chance for an artifact increases for each kill.

However, on average (say over 1,000,000 rounds), you will still obtain roughly* as many artifacts as you would before the introduction of this system. The system is there to prevent long dry spells.
Okay, when you say the chance will remain roughly the same, you mean the individual chance of people or overall? Like 1 arty every 100 hours for X people. I think answering this should clarify everything.

*This system does make it more likely for people who do more damage, and people with more luck, to get artifacts. Previously, damage distribution made no difference (everyone with loot rights had an equal chance) and only the luck of the top damager counted.
If it's the same system I am thinking about, then I will explain this one for them on your behalf and you can correct as you please:

The amount of points you get is based on your damage AND luck. Your luck determines how much chance you actually have initially (say, 2.5% with max luck), and then that value is reduced based on your position on the damage dealing list (top gets X value, second gets X -2, and so on)

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
you mean the individual chance of people or overall?
Both, but when you bring damage and luck differences into play, then naturally the individual chances will start to differ from the old system. It would then only be the overall chance.

If it's the same system I am thinking about
It's not. Basically, what happened is this: we put in the Gauntlet point system as it was coded and posted on the forums ages ago. We then ran a simulation to see how many artifacts it dropped in this new system, and found that for 6 people doing runs, the number of drops was 20 times as high. (For more people, the chance blew up even more.)

The system was then tweaked to perform scaling on the number of people, and to distribute points based on the amount of damage done per player (which coincidentally seems to be what OSI did). After several tweaks, simulation runs for 1-20 people doing equal damage with luck levels of 0-2000 showed similar chances as the old system. (In fact, a little tiny bit higher, but not noticeably.) This, with the added bonus of regular artifact drops, and preventing any devaluation of the artifacts, is why the system ultimately got implemented like this.

r_lee86

Sorceror
I don't understand how this is suppose to help with dry spells because I'm on my longest doom dry spell ever. Had more drops in the old system.

Status
Not open for further replies.