UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update February 1, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have dude , i maked 10 rounds whit mi archer and are ranked 4.157 and enter in my tamer and not maked rounds and have 3.165 for reasso¿
When you made your tamer you started out at a certain artifact rank. As other people get them they'll move behind you in line until they do enough rounds to get one. Thing to remember is because of rng and irl luck you don't have to get to 1 to get an artifact

Lucifall

Knight
Note that the average drop chance over time has not changed.

I am not sure I understand. Everyone should get points as long as they get damage rights, so drop rate and chance should increase. Unless the point system was nerfed very hard to a point it would make no difference between having it or not.

Am I missing or misreading something?

Given the amount of time I've spent in doom since the night of the release, if I were to base it on an hour a day play time my total would be nearing half a month. With that said I would say the point system makes no real difference since I would roughly pull 1 a month during the old system when I did doom for roughly an hour a day give or take.

For anyone curious no I was not the naked guy on a horse casting fireballs.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
I am not sure I understand. Everyone should get oints as long as they get damage rights, so drop rate and chance should increase. Unless the point system was nerfed very hard to a point it would make no difference between having it or not.

Am I missing or misreading something?
If I understood correctly they added the point system to distribute the artifact.
And not increase the low low drop rate we had.

Here if I understood you gain points to have a chance to get the artifact if it drops... almost same as before since I can be max point and still not get it.

Osi you accumulate points to get a artifact increasing the low low drop rate they had.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure I understand. Everyone should get points as long as they get damage rights, so drop rate and chance should increase.
This is true. Your chance for an artifact increases for each kill.

However, on average (say over 1,000,000 rounds), you will still obtain roughly* as many artifacts as you would before the introduction of this system. The system is there to prevent long dry spells.

*This system does make it more likely for people who do more damage, and people with more luck, to get artifacts. Previously, damage distribution made no difference (everyone with loot rights had an equal chance) and only the luck of the top damager counted.

If I understood correctly they added the point system to distribute the artifact.
And not increase the low low drop rate we had.
The point system does get used for the drop chance, not the distribution.

This last reply from Eos kind of confused me a little. It sort of sounds contradicting.
Previously, if 10 people were doing runs and the top damager had 1200 luck and the other 9 people had 0 luck but did just enough damage to get loot rights, you're saying they would have had the same chance for drop as the top damager and used the 1200 luck?
But then you say luck and damage impact points, and you also say those same 10 people would receive roughly the same number of drops?
I feel like I'm missing something here.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
This is true. Your chance for an artifact increases for each kill.

However, on average (say over 1,000,000 rounds), you will still obtain roughly* as many artifacts as you would before the introduction of this system. The system is there to prevent long dry spells.

*This system does make it more likely for people who do more damage, and people with more luck, to get artifacts. Previously, damage distribution made no difference (everyone with loot rights had an equal chance) and only the luck of the top damager counted.

The point system does get used for the drop chance, not the distribution.
Ok am abit also confuse lets say i run and reach max points will that make me get a artifact guaranteed or i have a chance to wait 2 more weeks.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
This last reply from Eos kind of confused me a little. It sort of sounds contradicting.
Previously, if 10 people were doing runs and the top damager had 1200 luck and the other 9 people had 0 luck but did just enough damage to get loot rights, you're saying they would have had the same chance for drop as the top damager and used the 1200 luck?
That is correct in the old system.

But then you say luck and damage impact points, and you also say those same 10 people would receive roughly the same number of drops?
If the top damager has 1200 luck and 9 other people have 0 luck, then those 9 people will now have a decreased chance of artifacts. Though, you should also consider that if one of those 9 people would do top damage, then everyone would have a "0 luck" chance in the old system, even the person wearing a 1200 luck suit.

you will still obtain roughly* as many artifacts
The main point I'm making here is that you shouldn't expect a 10-20% drop chance now. It is still low, and it will still take time.

Ok am abit also confuse lets say i run and reach max points will that make me get a artifact guaranteed or i have a chance to wait 2 more weeks.
Max points = guaranteed artifact.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Last question wich is stronger luck over dmg or gmd over luck.

That is all thank.you for clarifying the question.

Well mine hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.