UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update January 31, 2015 - Magic Jewelry, Faction Joining

Americana

Sorceror
Super stoked about new craftables.

Super super bummed about gem carts not offering rare gems. Wickedly unfair because some players have been stocking thousands of gems to make these jewels while the average player has not. Rather inequitable. :(

Geaux

Sorceror
You're that special kind of special.

I say, we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and just accept that shit's finally getting fixed around these parts. Take the good with the bad. And deal with the changes as they come. Be happy we're finally getting updates, look back in this thread before The Reign of Eos, tell me how many (quality) updates we had back then...

TLDR: Stop bitching. Be thankful. Stop bitching.
Easy to say when you werent the one negatively affected.

Geaux

Sorceror
Im not sure if you guys realize the effect this will have. Im assuming that all excess gems will be exhausted soon. Then everyone and their momma will start afk mining, this will drive down the price of ingots also. Ultimately with the drop % chance on mining and ecru being the one truley valuable gem, it will be impossible to afford the hundreds of thousands of attempts it will require to make epic 50ep jewels.

otimpyre

Sorceror
I regret never setting my carts to gems. But, I am glad for the change. The value and demand will go up. Miners will now be needed. Seems like a smart move to me. I was telling my friend the other day. Oh boy I bet that move pissed off a lot of people. 5 Stages these people must go through.

Lord Aero

Sorceror
Hi Eos,

I'm curious about the process of creating magical jewels. Does the exceptional chance, if applied, give a boost on the overall quality of the jewelry? I assume that an exceptional mark will lead to better crafted jewelry. Can you impart more information on this matter? UOGuide does not offer insight into this.

Last edited:

MMMartin

Squire
is nice, was big bug with rage gems at cars

normaly have be chance like 0.6% for finding a gem with mining
and about exceptional, have just add ... name mark... i think it is corect made

ardaaltunel3

Sorceror
  • Bulk order books on player vendors can now be opened from any range.
  • Removed 'Required expansion' lines from craft gumps.
  • Players no longer become flagged when entering a private house without friend+ access.
awesome! :)

Lord Aero

Sorceror
According to some sources as well as my own personal opinion, exceptional items receive a bonus to the maximum amount of total intensities allowed on an item. I would really like some more insight on how this works.

RomanCoke

Squire
Some notes on Magic Jewelry:

Magic jewelry, when crafted, comes with a guaranteed mod (or mods) from a predefined set. Additionally, it will receive at least 1 random mod, and up to 5 total mods (like a looted jewelry piece). The guaranteed mod stacks with any further random mods, however, the random mods will never exceed mod caps.

So its not possible to make 2 fc ring?

its possible to make a 1/2 and 1/3's. Also i believe the ore type helps. The odds for making good things is really rare though