UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update - New hardware move

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Update - New hardware move

Ok players and friends of UO Gamers here's what we're doing.

Due to the recent number of crashes and the way that things have been handled we're migrating you to the new hardware either later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

What does this mean for you...

Unfortunately this means no UO Gamers: Hybrid for the rest of the day.

What should you do?

I implore all of you to go play UO Gamers: Divinity or UO Gamers: Demise.

Both of these shards are of the same caliber as what you have here just different eras.

Please give them a shot while we get you transitioned to your new hardware.

Specs are as follows:

Quad CPU Dual Core AMD Opteron 870's
4 x 73 gig SA-SCSI 15,000 RPM Drives in RAID 5
16 Gigs of RAM
Gig-E network connection directly to the backbone

and last but not least this will complete our move to an entirely new datacenter.

This move is a major change for the RunUO Team and is going to provide you with an amazing new level of service. We were waiting to do this until after some other things were complete but this was pushed up to help get rid of the problems we've been having.

The new datacenter has better bandwidth, utilizes 2 GIG-E InterNap links which are prime gaming bandwidth.

We expect this transition to take the rest of the day and perhaps into tomorrow morning but will keep you updated on the build status as we go.

I appreciate your patience with us... I apologize for the downtime and problems. This really is the most extended downtime we've had on UO Gamers: Hybrid ever and we know how much it sucks. We wish we could have done this a little differently it just took a little too long for the new hardware to get to the datacenter.

So yah...

...all I can really say is I'm sorry. I'd rather take the thing down and let you play one of the sister shards rather than let your game play get totally destroyed every 2 hours.

Thanks guys for your understanding!

-Ryan

Stoobs

Wanderer
Re: Update - New hardware move

I was wondering why there wasn't any news about the new hardware. Can't wait play on it. :tup:

Good game Ryan, you made the right decision and i wanna thank you and Mark and the rest of your staff for all thier hard work and dedication to the shard. To be honest I dont think anyone else could have handled the problems that this shard has had over its life time as smooth as you and your staff have. So thanks again and hope to see ya when the new hardware is up. I also have an idea that the players of uogamers hybrid shard should through you and your staff a party in apperciation for all your hard work and dedication to us the players of the shard. Hit my aim Ryan or anyone who wants to help plan for this party at papawoody365420. thanks all

-DuelZ DoOmEsT

MarcusO

Sorceror

Ryan said:
...all I can really say is I'm sorry. I'd rather take the thing down and let you play one of the sister shards rather than let your game play get totally destroyed every 2 hours.

Thanks guys for your understanding!

-Ryan

Ryan...I don't see how any of this is your fault, so there's no need to apologize. I'm sure you guys are doing all you can, and we all appreciate the dedication by the team. We also hope you guys never get tired of UO. Take a break and have a beer ;)

Okay, I'll log back onto Divinity for the time being, but life with old dysfunctional moongates, with old housing storage rules, and without blessed Runebooks seems lame. Just my $0.02.

Zero Cool

Wanderer

Thanks for the update. I've had to deal with similar situations myself at work - I know your pain. :)