UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update - New hardware move

M'Lady Tina

Wanderer
Re: Update - New hardware move

very cool ! thank you for taking the time to do it!!!!

1 more thing been very sick last few days so missed the chance to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY RY GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT !!!!!!!!!

i know how good i felt that on my b-day the shard sent a shout out to me on my b-day so just wanted to say that my friend!!!!!!

wish i was there just found out the gifts u gave out!!!! hehehe

OMG No UO for that long?! What will I do?! OMG OMG OMG...I'm having withdrawl symptoms already [e cry...WHERES MY EMOTES?! AHHHHH.

P.S. Thank you Ryan :)

Does this change your IP addy since your moving to a new data center. Thus does razor have to update their ip addy to connect to the new uog data center?

space pirate

Wanderer

Ryan said:
Ok players and friends of UO Gamers here's what we're doing.

Due to the recent number of crashes and the way that things have been handled we're migrating you to the new hardware either later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

What does this mean for you...

Unfortunately this means no UO Gamers: Hybrid for the rest of the day.

What should you do?

I implore all of you to go play UO Gamers: Divinity or UO Gamers: Demise.

Both of these shards are of the same caliber as what you have here just different eras.

Please give them a shot while we get you transitioned to your new hardware.

Specs are as follows:

Quad CPU Dual Core AMD Opteron 870's
4 x 73 gig SA-SCSI 15,000 RPM Drives in RAID 5
16 Gigs of RAM
Gig-E network connection directly to the backbone

and last but not least this will complete our move to an entirely new datacenter.

This move is a major change for the RunUO Team and is going to provide you with an amazing new level of service. We were waiting to do this until after some other things were complete but this was pushed up to help get rid of the problems we've been having.

The new datacenter has better bandwidth, utilizes 2 GIG-E InterNap links which are prime gaming bandwidth.

We expect this transition to take the rest of the day and perhaps into tomorrow morning but will keep you updated on the build status as we go.

I appreciate your patience with us... I apologize for the downtime and problems. This really is the most extended downtime we've had on UO Gamers: Hybrid ever and we know how much it sucks. We wish we could have done this a little differently it just took a little too long for the new hardware to get to the datacenter.

So yah...

...all I can really say is I'm sorry. I'd rather take the thing down and let you play one of the sister shards rather than let your game play get totally destroyed every 2 hours.

Thanks guys for your understanding!

-Ryan

+1 rep =)

Candlemas

Wanderer

Thanks for the information and I look forward to the updates. Keep up the good work guys, it is appreciated.

sgtpuddin

Wanderer

thanks for letting us know ryan....... even tho i was playing when u told everyone in game... but i thought you said it was only a few hours:( this is turning into a 24 hr thing :( 24 hrs of no UO ... OH GOD WHAT WILL I DO! THE GRASS IS TO GREEN... THE SKY IS TO BLUE.. AND THE SUN IS TO BRIGHT TO SEE ME:p

A Walrus

Wanderer

Bob said:
Don't worry WoW is still up guys.
dude... my friends got me to play wow... and seriously i get bored of any char i make before i pass lvl 15... i cnat play the game for more than an hour at a time and i usually dont play every day, imo uo much > than wow

and the pvp is vry repetative

space pirate

Wanderer

A Walrus said:
dude... my friends got me to play wow... and seriously i get bored of any char i make before i pass lvl 15... i cnat play the game for more than an hour at a time and i usually dont play every day, imo uo much > than wow

and the pvp is vry repetative

wow ftl.. its completely pointless 2 play...

Poo Tang

Wanderer

Thx for the heads up will there be a big revert or will it be from the last save and is the housing timer goin to be set back ......you guys rock ......:}

HYBRIDBob

Wanderer

sgtpuddin said:
dont you mean WOW is for those who cant handle UO?:D
I play WoW and I assure you I am better at UO than you. Also, WoW is for those who are sick of the constant house fighting which exists in UO.