UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update November 8, 2014 - ML Weapon Specials, Doom Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
The following changes will be in effect after server wars tonight:
  • Added missing ML weapon abilities.

Note: some of these abilities have changed during Stygian Abyss on OSI, and may therefore not resemble the mechanics described on UOGuide.

The weapon abilities are:
    • Bladeweave
      The warrior becomes one with their weapon, allowing it to guide their hand. The effects of this attack are unpredictable, but effective.
    • Force Arrow
      The archer focuses their will into an arrow of pure force, dazing their enemy. Dazed enemies are temporarily easier to hit, and sometimes forget who they are attacking.
    • Lightning Arrow
      A charged arrow that arcs lightning into its target's allies.
    • Psychic Attack
      Temporarily enchants the attacker's weapon with deadly psychic energy, allowing it to damage the defender's mind and their ability to inflict damage with magic.
    • Serpent Arrow
      Fires a snake at the target, poisoning them in addition to normal damage with a successful hit. The archer must be skilled in poisoning and nimble of hand to achieve success.
    • Force of Nature
      Enfuses the attacker with Nature's Fury, granting them unparalleled strength. This dangerous channeling causes leafy vines to violently erupt from beneath the attacker's skin, dealing substantial physical and poison damage to them.
      :space:
  • Newer clients will now have their weapon ability requests converted from the overhauled OSI system to the Demise values. This fixes abilities on: Sai, Tessen, Nunchaku, Club, Gnarled Staff, Skinning Knife.
  • The Maul and War Mace weapon abilities have been reverted to their ML values.
  • Added the Doom guardian room.
  • Fixed character statue deeds' "Restore" feature to retain equipment.
  • Character statues will no longer delete themselves if the sculpter is deleted, or if they're in a house being customized.
  • Orc Choppers no longer spawn stacks of 0 items.
  • Exorcism no longer uses virtual subserver boundaries for finding corpses. If you have a corpse, anywhere in the world, a champion spawn will not kick your ghost.
  • Added support for the EquipLastWeapon client macro, for faster switching between weapons. (Code submitted by @Reximus, thank you!)
In addition to these changes, we identified and fixed a memory leak issue last week, which was causing latency further into the week. This should no longer cause any problems. :)

Any comments or questions are welcome below. If you experience any bugs, please report them here!

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Who can explain changes to Skinning Knife to me, thank you.
If you're running a publish 81+ client, the skinning knife's Disarm move has been replaced by Bleed Attack. Before, you would not be able to use either abilities, because of the mismatch with the server. Now, you will be able to do the Disarm move on both old and new clients. :)

mantorras

Sorceror
In addition to these changes, we identified and fixed a memory leak issue last week, which was causing latency further into the week. This should no longer cause any problems. :)

I did experience some latency last week, enough to sometimes stopping me from playing. But I thought it was due to Halloween town. Now it's better but I am still having an extra 200ms lag spike every now and then.

I'll miss the old Gnarled Staff specials.. kind of funny how using it in UOS used the old ability even with the new artwork.

Thanks for the work :) I'm most excited for EquipLastWep

Status
Not open for further replies.