UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Updates

M

Mark

Updates

We've fixed two combat related bugs:
- Stunning now requires a successful hit. To make this change less drastic, we've increased the chance to stun to 75% (with GM Wrestling and GM Anatomy), giving an overall chance of 37.5% to stun when fighting a grandmaster combatant.
- The algorithm to calculate magic weapon damage (vanquishing, power, etc) was fixed. As it was, a plain vanquishing weapon did roughly the same damage as a plain exceptional weapon. After this change, an exceptional weapon will do roughly the same damage as a force weapon (as it should be).

These changes will be effective after server wars tonight.

M

Mark

JenSlade said:
hmm is that how some guys stunned EVERY single time?

As it was before, chance to stun and chance to hit were calculated independently, with 50% chance for each to occur in most situations.

M

Mark

Kanye West said:
i thought that GM weps did as much damage as a Might wep?

Let's look at a vanquishing short spear for example, 4-32 base damage. Assuming an average roll of 18, the old formula would be 18 * 1.5 * 1.5 + 9 / 2, a final damage of roughly 24. An exceptional weapon would be 18 * 1.5 * 1.7 / 2, a final damage of 23.

With the new (and correct) formula, the magic damage is applied to the base, not at the end. That same vanquishing short spear (still assuming average roll of 18) will be ( 18 + 9 )* 1.5 * 1.5 / 2, which is roughly 30 damage.

Please note that in all of the above scenarios, I am assuming 100 strength, GM Tactics, and GM Anatomy, and the damages are against naked people.

Mrsevenhands

Wanderer
So now when I use exp weeps they are pretty much going to suck ass?

Awesome!

: (

I personally don't think dexers need to have anything negative changed for them. I know it's not a big deal, just seemed fine the way it was.

M

Mark

Mrsevenhands said:
So now when I use exp weeps they are pretty much going to suck ass?

Awesome!

: (

I personally don't think dexers need to have anything negative changed for them. I know it's not a big deal, just seemed fine the way it was.

You missed the point. Exceptional weapons remain the same, magic weapons get slightly stronger.

Mrsevenhands

Wanderer
Mark said:
Let's look at a vanquishing short spear for example, 4-32 base damage. Assuming an average roll of 18, the old formula would be 18 * 1.5 * 1.5 + 9 / 2, a final damage of roughly 24. An exceptional weapon would be 18 * 1.5 * 1.7 / 2, a final damage of 23.

With the new (and correct) formula, the magic damage is applied to the base, not at the end. That same vanquishing short spear (still assuming average roll of 18) will be ( 18 + 9 )* 1.5 * 1.5 / 2, which is roughly 30 damage.

Please note that in all of the above scenarios, I am assuming 100 strength, GM Tactics, and GM Anatomy, and the damages are against naked people.

wait that makes more sense.

Mark said:
After this change, an exceptional weapon will do roughly the same damage as a force weapon (as it should be)

an exceptional weapon did the same damage as a might weapon on OSI i believe

so its not how it should be enless you arent basing this on OSI

Mrsevenhands

Wanderer
NASTY_DEVILx said:

Congrats, that was the most worthless thing I seen all day.

"- The algorithm to calculate magic weapon damage (vanquishing, power, etc) was fixed. As it was, a plain vanquishing weapon did roughly the same damage as a plain exceptional weapon. After this change, an exceptional weapon will do roughly the same damage as a force weapon (as it should be)."

that made it sound like exp weps were at vanq lvl and brought down to force lvl.

M

Mark

Vahn said:
so now faction runics are gonna rox?

Assuming average rolls of 18,

Verite Short Spear (old): 18 * 1.7 * 1.7 + 7 / 2 = 29
Verite Short Spear (new): ( 18 + 7 ) * 1.7 * 1.7 / 2 = 36

Perfect Short Spear (old): 18 * 1.75 * 1.5 + 9 / 2 = 28
Perfect Short Spear (new): ( 18 + 9 ) * 1.75 * 1.5 / 2 = 35

I'd write more, but I am late for class.

Valentino

Sorceror
well dexxers sucked, i've never died to a dexxer 1v1 in the field...I think this might level the playing field a bit.

And by the way, I don't field that much, I don't even play that much, so I don't get that many opportunities to fight dexxers, maybe that's why.