UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Veteran Reward Update

Warlox

Wanderer
Re: Veteran Reward Update

House decorations, special vendors (bankers, reg vendor, blacksmith, healer), more mounts.

Formater

Knight

Warlox;1679482 said:
House decorations, special vendors (bankers, reg vendor, blacksmith, healer), more mounts.

If your suggesting they allow bankers and other vendors in your house that will never happen.

beelzebub

Knight

Formater;1679492 said:
If your suggesting they allow bankers and other vendors in your house that will never happen.

but it would rock.

if i had a banker and a bartender at home, i'd never go outside!

Formater;1679417 said:
You need to understand some people do not play from home. They play at a internet pub or on some other kind of shared network. So lots of people are playing with the same ip. Plus most folks ip's change every time the unplug their modems. So your suggestion is unreasonable.

You seem to be contridicting yourself. However, because of the four account limit I made my 4 kids quit playing on Hybrid and I run my own uo server at home for them. I would love it if we could have more accounts legally as long as we had no more than 4 houses and we were not just using them to farm. I would like the staff to reconsider this stuff. I mean I have two accounts and my wife has two accounts. So we need more:(

If I opened my wireless router up with my antenna setup and the apartments and houses near me its possible lots of other people could try to connect with the same ip.

These both sound kind of cool. Problem with Rose of Trinsic is the people who own them and paid Mils for them will complain. As for your #3 that would be neat but there would have to be restrictions so that the name was not offensive.

you made your kids quit playing uo and play a shard u made that has no population? damn what a jackass i hope all ur chars get deleted and everything u own get deleted.

Formater

Knight

HoTtEsT oF d HoT;1679506 said:
you made your kids quit playing uo and play a shard u made that has no population? damn what a jackass i hope all ur chars get deleted and everything u own get deleted.

You must not have kids. The way people talk on this shard they did not need to be here anyway. They have their own fully spawned shard and unlimited resources. My oldest son is even a GM lol.

Trust me they like it better.

MarcusO

Sorceror

HoTtEsT oF d HoT;1679506 said:

Calm down. Formater simply misquoted my predicament. I've played this game for...um...10 years. My kids know it, and they've always wanted to play. Hell my 11 year old nukes me on FPS console games. But UO has too many folks like you (rampant R rated text content). So I DL'd and set up a home RunUO 1.0 for them.

When they turn 14, I let them have access to my 4 accounts, and your R rated diatribe. Before age 14 they're relegated to Runescape for multiplayer, which they play with their friends. The funny thing is they all love to pk :)

The problem is my oldest son (18) is sharing my accounts, and my next oldest is turning 14 soon. He wants an account. I'm feeling the squeeze. I'll probably have to punt BODs soon.

So don't rant at Formater for the misquote, and don't tell me how to parent. Try to understand first.

Badtrips

Wanderer

MarcusO;1679512 said:
Calm down. Formater simply misquoted my predicament. I've played this game for...um...10 years. My kids know it, and they've always wanted to play. Hell my 11 year old nukes me on FPS console games. But UO has too many folks like you (rampant R rated text content). So I DL'd and set up a home RunUO 1.0 for them.

When they turn 14, I let them have access to my 4 accounts, and your R rated diatribe. Before age 14 they're relegated to Runescape for multiplayer, which they play with their friends. The funny thing is they all love to pk :)

The problem is my oldest son (18) is sharing my accounts, and my next oldest is turning 14 soon. He wants an account. I'm feeling the squeeze. I'll probably have to punt BODs soon.

So don't rant at Formater for the misquote, and don't tell me how to parent. Try to understand first.

I like this guy.

Lorthic

Knight

Formater;1679508 said:
You must not have kids. The way people talk on this shard they did not need to be here anyway. They have their own fully spawned shard and unlimited resources. My oldest son is even a GM lol.

Trust me they like it better.

15-year-olds will not understand, Formater. Just give up and don't waste your time.

Formater

Knight

Bobby McPrescott;1679612 said:
I started the badger fad therefore I may use it as long as I wish.

I have to apoligize to you because I could of sworn those were skunks.
My bad. I guess I am no Steve Irwin.

Formater

Knight

Suil Ban;1679646 said:
Base it on character playtime rather than account age, similar to the system DFI has implemented.

I had considered this myself. However when you think about it how much time are you going to require people play? A hour a day? Two? A hour a week for 3 years? Some people only play a hour a week. Some a hour every two weeks or less. Some play every day. 365 days times a hour a day for 3 years is 1095 hours in game.

Really I think the only way to fix the system is to make the rewards only usuable by the account or by the char that claimed it. Anyone else uses it and it deletes itself. Then adding additional items to the existing system would not be as difficult. Only exception really would be dye tubs and they would just require your account be the correct age before letting you use them and some of those need fixed. I think anyone can use a black dye tub reguardless of age.