UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Vista problems

Sprint-

Wanderer
Vista problems

I recently got a new computer (which runs Vista 64 bit), and I've been having troubles.. I get errors on Sallos when I try to run it, and when I try to patch UO it won't.. If I play on razor with default patch I crash if I target someone with anything... any advice? ><

WaRgAzM

Knight
Re: Vista problems

Hmm.. i have the same problems most of the time but without sallos. Does your screen randomly flash white at times too?

Flipper

Knight

yeah does your shit go like "fuckin' whoaaaaaa" when you're like downloadin shit and shit?

fonis

Knight

or keep your 64 bit system and fuck XP since its 64 bit version blows and turn off Aero theme.

Aero always fucked up UO for me. Huge hang-times, if not time-outs.

zoo york

Knight

Find the UO(it will be called something else, Ultima Online 2d on mine) under Program Files(x86), and reset the permissions. You'll want to either give your user account, or the Everyone group full control. Then for both your Razor and Ultima Online shortcuts on the desktop, you'll want to set them to run both as Administrator, and in Windows XP compatibility mode. You can skip the run as Administrator step if you disable UAC. TBH, once your computer is set up you won't see UAC prompts much anyway, so I've just learned to live with it and leave it on.

Only other Vista thing is the theme issue which you know about by now.

Sprint-

Wanderer

zoo york;1837157 said:
Find the UO(it will be called something else, Ultima Online 2d on mine) under Program Files(x86), and reset the permissions. You'll want to either give your user account, or the Everyone group full control. Then for both your Razor and Ultima Online shortcuts on the desktop, you'll want to set them to run both as Administrator, and in Windows XP compatibility mode. You can skip the run as Administrator step if you disable UAC. TBH, once your computer is set up you won't see UAC prompts much anyway, so I've just learned to live with it and leave it on.

tyvm, if you need help in-game ever tell me ;)

zoo york;1837157 said:

I have a friend whose a pc noob and I run xp and he runs vista so I'm trying to help him. How do you set it where you give admin rights to razor and can you explain like I'm six so I can pass it on and he can understand lol

zoo york

Knight

Simon Cowell;1882867 said:
I have a friend whose a pc noob and I run xp and he runs vista so I'm trying to help him. How do you set it where you give admin rights to razor and can you explain like I'm six so I can pass it on and he can understand lol
Right click the razor shortcut, go to the compatibility tab. The run as administrator checkbox is down at the bottom.

raxsv

Wanderer

Hello, i have this problem too (repeatedly getting this error message) and your solution unfortunatelly didn't work for me :(
I set full rights to ultima and razor like you described, set XP compatibility mode and checked fields "Disable Visual Themes" and "Disable desktop composition". By ultima I actually mean just client.exe - is that right?
I'm running Vista 32bit, currently have installed .net framework 1.1 and 3.5.

Could anyone please give me some hint? I'm struggling with this for over a month with no success :(