UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Vista problems

zoo york

Knight
Re: Vista problems

raxsv;1994329 said:
Hello, i have this problem too (repeatedly getting this error message) and your solution unfortunatelly didn't work for me :(
I set full rights to ultima and razor like you described, set XP compatibility mode and checked fields "Disable Visual Themes" and "Disable desktop composition". By ultima I actually mean just client.exe - is that right?
I'm running Vista 32bit, currently have installed .net framework 1.1 and 3.5.

Could anyone please give me some hint? I'm struggling with this for over a month with no success :(
Does UO run if you just launch client.exe? What's your patch level?

Also, have you tried reinstalling with the latest Razor download from Razor ?

raxsv

Wanderer

zoo york;1994342 said:
Does UO run if you just launch client.exe? What's your patch level?

Also, have you tried reinstalling with the latest Razor download from Razor ?

Thanks for reply.

Yes UO run even if I start client.exe without Razor.

Yes, I actually reinstalled razor couple of times because of this error, last time like a week ago, currently I have version 1.0.12.6.

zoo york

Knight

raxsv;1994349 said:
Thanks for reply.

Yes UO run even if I start client.exe without Razor.

Yes, I actually reinstalled razor couple of times because of this error, last time like a week ago, currently I have version 1.0.12.6.
And have you checked "run as administrator" under the compatibility tab for your Razor shortcut?

raxsv

Wanderer

zoo york;1994354 said:
And have you checked "run as administrator" under the compatibility tab for your Razor shortcut?

No, I used the other wariant - I have (had) UAC disabled.

zoo york

Knight

raxsv;1994361 said:
No, I used the other wariant - I have (had) UAC disabled.
Well the other time someone posted about this, it was a graphics card/driver issue. You might try checking to see if the drivers for your video card are current. If they are current, you might want to try running an older one if it's worth the hassle to you.

raxsv

Wanderer

zoo york;1994364 said:
Well the other time someone posted about this, it was a graphics card/driver issue. You might try checking to see if the drivers for your video card are current. If they are current, you might want to try running an older one if it's worth the hassle to you.

Well I already spent a lot of time on this so reinstalling drivers is no problem.
And yes, its THAT much annoying :]

zoo york

Knight

raxsv;1994370 said:
Well I already spent a lot of time on this so reinstalling drivers is no problem.
And yes, its THAT much annoying :]
Well I hope it works :thumbup:

raxsv

Wanderer

Hm, so I tried to update that drivers, which told me they are newest, so I uninstalled them and restarted my pc and the error message still appears :(

zoo york

Knight

raxsv;1994386 said:
Hm, so I tried to update that drivers, which told me they are newest, so I uninstalled them and restarted my pc and the error message still appears :(
Only other thing I have to offer is go through your startup and kill anything you don't need. Other than trying a different video card or a clean install on a spare drive as a test.

raxsv

Wanderer

zoo york;1994393 said:
Only other thing I have to offer is go through your startup and kill anything you don't need. Other than trying a different video card or a clean install on a spare drive as a test.

Ok I will try that. BTW strange thing that I forgot to mention - I had this issue over two months since I start play ultima again and I tried many times to fix that with different procedures and without much success. But one time after I restarted computer (i usually just sleep it) it suddenly worked, and worked even after sleeping again, so about a week it was all right. I wasn't very sure what caused that and I didn't pay much attention to that since it was all right, but I thought that it was caused be some .net framework reinstall, which I did before the restart. Unfortunately this worked only until i restarted my pc again. Since that the error message returned and I wasn't able to fix that again.
Anyway this really bugs me since it already somehow worked and I doesn't know why :]

zoo york

Knight

raxsv;1994484 said:
Ok I will try that. BTW strange thing that I forgot to mention - I had this issue over two months since I start play ultima again and I tried many times to fix that with different procedures and without much success. But one time after I restarted computer (i usually just sleep it) it suddenly worked, and worked even after sleeping again, so about a week it was all right. I wasn't very sure what caused that and I didn't pay much attention to that since it was all right, but I thought that it was caused be some .net framework reinstall, which I did before the restart. Unfortunately this worked only until i restarted my pc again. Since that the error message returned and I wasn't able to fix that again.
Anyway this really bugs me since it already somehow worked and I doesn't know why :]
Must be something else running that's causing it then. You could try doing a "selective startup" in msconfig and then uncheck "startup items". Post back if you get it working.

raxsv

Wanderer

Hm, no success so far. I have uninstalled few support programs (basically some preinstalled bullshit from HP, am not even sure what it did :] ), and no change.
Anyways as I'm more and more desperate on what to do next, I'm also more and more curious, so I will keep on testing :]

Dexter420

Sorceror

Easiest way to fix vista problems i found, is to uninstall it and install XP or 7 lol. I run Vista on my comp, and i cant use sallos, which is ok to me cause i think it sucks.

raxsv

Wanderer

Yea well maybe, but lots of people play with vista and doesn't have this problem, so I think if I would upgrade now I would only transfer this problem to different OS :]

Dexter: yesterdays episode of Dexter FTW! :]

spooj

Sorceror

i run vista 64 bit and all that shit works fine. even sallos. when in doubt run everything you possibly can as administrator and click accept to everything that pops up

raxsv

Wanderer

zoo york;2028189 said:
Did you ever do a clean install?:confused1:

You mean Windows? I was kinda hoping to find other solution, especially because I wanna know what went wrong - which I cannot find if I reinstall it.
But no, I didnt. But I reinstalled like literary everything else - UO, razor, all versions of .NET framework, even uninstalled half of my other apps which I dont use very often in hope that some of them would be messing something up.