UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[[VOTE]] 2D CLIENT OR 3D CLIENT

2d or 3d

• 2d

Votes: 210 93.8%
  • 3d

Votes: 14 6.3%

• Total voters

GradGT

Sorceror
Re: [[VOTE]] 2D CLIENT OR 3D CLIENT

my 3d still doesnt work and I can't reinstall cause I can't find my UO cd. bummer :(

i wanna try 3d pvp

the jerky movements of 3d client kind of remind me of KUOC tbh

Is anyone able to play 3d without getting booted for unsupported client? If so, which version are you using?

lol i was thinking about actually buying another copy of UO so I can reinstall 3d but no one sells UO anymore.

Sammich

Wanderer

lawl guys look at me go

Megumi

Wanderer

Voted for 2D

• 1 2D is how i've always played UO.
  • 2 If i tried playing in 3D, i'd have to completely readapt to a new visual enviroment
  • 3 3D looks like ass.
  • 4 The fact that UO is 2D is one of the things that makes it so appealing
  • 5 PlayUO doesn't have 3D client support :3

GradGT

Sorceror

I actually want to play the 3d client but it kicks me off cause it thinks I'm using playUO.

der deh derr :(

Smo

Sorceror

i always liked the spell effects sounds and the tribal paint in 3d, plus i run smooth in it with no lag, but u run like god damned nazis and the trolls look way too skinny and not muscular enough :(

2D 4tw, duh. Origin made that.

3D sucks. It was rushed, just like all the other crap EA puts on the market. The whole, "we wanted to keep the 'birds eye view' and not stray too far from the traditional feel of UO", can be roughly translated to, "we don't feel like being a competing entity in the MMORPG industry; we're too stingy and would rather make, "The Sims: San Francisco Faggots", and break ground on a new project; "Black: The first FPS with no multiplayer since 1987".

Damn, I hate EA.

Zhou Wan

Wanderer

When EA Games made the 3D version they didnt think for one second, just slapped a few models into the equation.

Addicted

Disciple

Punkers Slave said:
2D 4tw, duh. Origin made that.

3D sucks. It was rushed, just like all the other crap EA puts on the market. The whole, "we wanted to keep the 'birds eye view' and not stray too far from the traditional feel of UO", can be roughly translated to, "we don't feel like being a competing entity in the MMORPG industry; we're too stingy and would rather make, "The Sims: San Francisco Faggots", and break ground on a new project; "Black: The first FPS with no multiplayer since 1987".

Damn, I hate EA.

lol

Mikee_gee

Wanderer

UO shouldnt be 3D, and honestly 2D looks waaay better then 3D.
They tried to hard on 3D.

Megumi

Wanderer

Mikee_gee said:
UO shouldnt be 3D, and honestly 2D looks waaay better then 3D.
They tried to hard on 3D.

I don't think they tried too hard... it was more of NOT trying.

Profits dwindled, so they needed some quick cash, new shitty graphics, new shitty land mass, only way to access shitty landmass is with shitty graphics.

Best part is, the next expansion they come out with (LBR) allows you to use the 2D client in Ilsh' and contains a few new moddles. Fuck.