UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Wands new post.Players lets hear u!

What should happen about wands?

• Add cool down

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Change wands back as they were before patch

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Keep the wands as they stand today with patch

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Fix lightning wands keep the rest just like as they were before patch

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Delete all wands

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

YewGuards

Sorceror
Two different polls, but could certainly consist of the same voters.

I think a lot of us are more worried that staff will leave any future changes permanent for another five years. Lucky for us, the current team has stated that several changes are coming down the pipe. Keep the suggestions coming.

That goes for additional wand tweaks, pvp balance, crafting etc.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I agree, it's a hard balancing act to appease all aspects of the community. The staff have their work cut out for them. They have to open hybrid up to casual pvpers while still keeping the few left here happy.

Also, to be fair, 75% of the community has already voted to completely remove wands in the last poll. I'm not stating this is the recommended course of action, but it's certainly a cry for some type of change.
The result was 68.9% if I recall correctly, not 75%. This does not mean that 68.9% of the community wanted to remove wands, it means that 68.9% of VOTERS wanted to remove wands (and this is assuming that all votes were legitimate to begin with); there is a significant difference. These polls, as usual, have no scientific validity, and are therefore almost meaningless.

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/558161/page-5
This is another vote on wands, with 58.3% of respondents saying that wands should not be removed. So, where does this factor into your logic?

Last edited:

YewGuards

Sorceror
The result was 68.9% if I recall correctly, not 75%. This does not mean that 68.9% of the community wanted to remove wands, it means that 68.9% of VOTERS wanted to remove wands (and this is assuming that all votes were legitimate to begin with); there is a significant difference. These polls, as usual, have no scientific validity, and are therefore almost meaningless.
I concur with your analysis, time could probably be best spent creating threads about other items not yet changed.

Here's a quote from the link.

How About you pussies go play uofart (edited) if you dont want wands on hybrid. I mean wow take your fucking skirts off and quit hybrid if you hate wands. I guarantee more people will quit if you take wands off shard.

Apparently those pussies did quit... I'm also starting to see them return as of late. Coincidence?

Just to be clear. I'm not advocating that these new changes are the end all be all of wand mechanics. I'm just stating that doing nothing to wands did more damage than good.

Last edited:

pete liv

Sorceror
wands were always an addition to someone who invested in eval int in their build. having no mana or reg cost and being able to move while using them as well as being uninterruptible was the only thing that made them worth it .
as someone who didnt rely on wands it doesnt affect me too much, but i must say i made a KILLING selling those fuckers during the "rare drop" phase.
these current changes are pretty much making wands obsolete, but as far as gank squads go it won't change too much. i would hardly call it "balancing"

so you won't get lightninged
down trying to off screen a group of murderers, they will kill you some other way(bola spam, tele stun,even though no one does that anymore and definitely no feeblemind wand spam...fucking koreans), complaints will always be there.
you can change the pvp meta but you cant change ganksquads

at least ID wands will drop again, 500 gp per charge was killin people who just wanted to know what their katanas were

Last edited:

tech.

Sorceror

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/558161/page-5
This is another vote on wands, with 58.3% of respondents saying that wands should not be removed. So, where does this factor into your logic?
Look guys retard pete finally said something worth reading.

all i know is my solo pk days are pretty much over.... no more gheal wands means me getting para spammed everytime there is more than 1 other person.... yea!!!!!! guess i can replace the bag space with more explo pouches.. now only if i could turn my wands into a barrel for blessed armor in return.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
So many people act like 1 change means the end of the world. If it shows to have a negative impact, it will be changed back.

Unless you are afraid the majority of people will like it and your play style is hurt...
The problem is that it was a lazy change. Unless you think like Pepsi and believe that people should be forced to work in groups, can it even be disputed that making bola/stun/para ganks more powerful serves no purpose? And did the bola tamer template really need a buff?

So many people act like 1 change means the end of the world. If it shows to have a negative impact, it will be changed back.

Unless you are afraid the majority of people will like it and your play style is hurt...
One change that effects PvP drastically... This ruins it for anyone that likes you play in small groups or solo. Good luck

The problem is that it was a lazy change. Unless you think like Pepsi and believe that people should be forced to work in groups, can it even be disputed that making bola/stun/para ganks more powerful serves no purpose? And did the bola tamer template really need a buff?
I agree with you. If anything they should look at real issues "lightning wand macros, bolas, hybrid mares" instead of just jumping to conclusions and ruining pvp for a lot of players.

the major difference between bola/stun/para ganks vs wand ganks is that bola/stun/para can actually be outplayed. You can get a beetle, or a faction warhorse and get instant remounting, stunning requires being within 1 tile of somebody, and even then it's not guaranteed stun, and paralyze costs 20 mana, takes enough time to cast that your opponent can be offscreen, and is easily beaten by a pop pouch macro. Spamming lightning wands has no inherent counterplay. You just have to resign to the fact that you have to also stock wands just to counter the lightning wand brigade. Because of this, nearly everyone carries gheal wands and uses them even during 1v1s. It's simply not fun to play with or against wands, and does not compliment skilled game play.

pete liv

Sorceror
I agree with you. If anything they should look at real issues "lightning wand macros, bolas, hybrid mares" instead of just jumping to conclusions and ruining pvp for a lot of players.

make hybrid mares unable to participate in pvp? cannot be used to target players and will only engage if targeted by a player first? they were a garbage idea anyway

pete liv

Sorceror
the major difference between bola/stun/para ganks vs wand ganks is that bola/stun/para can actually be outplayed. You can get a beetle, or a faction warhorse and get instant remounting, stunning requires being within 1 tile of somebody, and even then it's not guaranteed stun, and paralyze costs 20 mana, takes enough time to cast that your opponent can be offscreen, and is easily beaten by a pop pouch macro. Spamming lightning wands has no inherent counterplay. You just have to resign to the fact that you have to also stock wands just to counter the lightning wand brigade. Because of this, nearly everyone carries gheal wands and uses them even during 1v1s. It's simply not fun to play with or against wands, and does not compliment skilled game play.
so delete wands?
john travolta and the rest of his bola tamer accounts and his friends already beat the wand nerfs there are just situations where you dont have friends you are dead
surviving a 4v1 gank will never be guaranteed, wands or not.

id like to keep wands. just delete all direct damage wands... or add a random delay to them with a randomized timer so there is NEVER a way to sync them with any form of macros.... ever again.... i really believe to ever stand ground solo gheal wands need to be reverted to there original form.... ya i should accept death at the hand of multiple enemies but if they even mess up a lil bit and i would have had that chance to survive.. i would want to and will ...