UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Wands

Wands?

• Yes

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I stopped playing UO around 2003. I started up again in 2011. I had to adjust to explode pots and wands.. No big deal. Wands aren't that bad. Add mana cost to them and I think the issue is solved.

PvP is so different now compared to back in the day.. For one, no one really stunned on OSI. People who uses stun were trashcans. If your soloing, gheal wands are clutch.
Another thing too... Today's pvp is a game of cat and mouse.. That's why pots and wands are almost needed on the field.

Little tweak to make them cost mana wouldn't be a bad thing. Remove weekend wand macros too.
Removing wands would just be another silly mistake by the server.. Kind of like Del Pond... And then Sallos... Idiot moves.

osgubro

Sorceror
We've already tried making them cost mana, you guys can stop suggesting that anytime now. That doesn't fix people from using explode lightningwand macros.

No but it does stop a constant spam of it. Also if there is a 1v1 and someone pops gheal wands they at least run out of the mana. The only negative to making wands take mana is for people that spam them non stop. Warriors will take a hit but they could adjust their stats to have more mana.

Wands don't only give you the ability to survive 3v1 ganks, they also allow people with enough skill to pull off wins out numbered. I nearly killed 3 sm^ the other morning with just a lightning and mana drain wand. If wands took mana it would be many times harder to actually get kills outnumbered. Saying wands should be removed because newbs can't afford them is also dumb. Should we remove gold weapons then and invul leather armor, should pets never be able to 7x out? This video always pops in my head when I read these kind of threads.
skill is everything in fighting, regardless of numbers. Before wands were on everybody and abused by everybody, pulling out a 1v3 happened nearly every fight at brit gy.

Now the field contains those that use wands and play, and those that dont use wands and dont play.

There aren't very many people that play.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
skill is everything in fighting, regardless of numbers. Before wands were on everybody and abused by everybody, pulling out a 1v3 happened nearly every fight at brit gy.

Now the field contains those that use wands and play, and those that dont use wands and dont play.

There aren't very many people that play.
If 1v3s were happening "nearly every fight," that only means that the player base was garbage at PVP.

Here's an idea, champ: I'll get a group of three together, and you can demonstrate to the class how you're going to kill us and not get dropped the moment one of us gets a stun off on you in a scenario involving no wands.

If 1v3s were happening "nearly every fight," that only means that the player base was garbage at PVP.

Here's an idea, champ: I'll get a group of three together, and you can demonstrate to the class how you're going to kill us and not get dropped the moment one of us gets a stun off on you in a scenario involving no wands.
living a 1v3, especially if youre in the mage group, would prove easy.

and yes, there were plenty of players on the field that sucked back in the day, and that was because noobs actually participated on this game, not forced away and unable to play because they weren't hip to all the wands that are required to play on an even field.

sssuuu

Knight
Fuck that, it should be full mana cost. You already have the ability yo use them while running. what more do you want?

The only thing I ever really used was mini heals/GH wands to stay alive. Changing it to full mana cost wouldn't be too bad since I usually only use them when running. When I typically run I have enough mana to heal myself. So I don't think this change would be so bad.

I don't know about lighting wands. I never got good enough with them to justify 2k per a shot lighting bolt that didn't kill someone :/

*Rides away on an emu*