UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Want to see some changes on Demise? Want the donation store back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcmcm

Knight
Re: Want to see some changes on Demise? Want the donation store back?

CNS Nestor;458071 said:
...do us all a favor... stop fighting like kids!

get the store back up! (did I already say that? hmmm.... )

yes, and we're waiting with you :p:)

Dahlia

Squire

This is what I just sent to Ryan ... maybe it will open his eyes a little ... well, here's hoping anyway

Hey Ryan,

I am a player on Demise and have been reading alot about the fact that the Demise Donation Store was taken down deliberately to update the code that was used to develop it. I do not pretend to fully understand the workings of the advanced code that is needed for the donation stores, but I have noticed that both the Hybrid store and the Divinity stores are up and operational. Aside from perhaps some of the items that would be either ommited or added so that the Demise player base would have what they need/want, how difficult would it really be to get the Demise store up and running again. I personally would have probably $100 maybe $150 to spend immediately upon the restoration of the Demise store.

They say money talks ... I am totally 100% thrilled to be able to play on an awesome shard like Demise, but I have money that I would like to spend, on a fairly regular basis with the donation store. Do you want my money, Ryan? Do you want the money that the other players will gladly give you as soon as the store is back up and running? I am sure you do want money, but is Demise even worth it to you? I know it is for me. Hey, how about getting that store up and running soon ... because as I said, I have money that I want to give you, in return for some pixel related goods.

Dahlia

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

That would be the store we are talking about :) Well, the one I have been talking about.

Pont

Knight

adverserath;458432 said:
I think ryan should just implement this code.
http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/81922-runuo-2-0-svn-osi-mondains-legacy.html

its what its there for. he asked for help on the runuo forum last year, and someone posted that back to him, but nothing came of it. 1 update, waiting. it would be such a big change. Id rather have that done, than have the store.

I'm 100% with you there.

adverserath;458432 said:
I think ryan should just implement this code.
http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/81922-runuo-2-0-svn-osi-mondains-legacy.html

its what its there for. he asked for help on the runuo forum last year, and someone posted that back to him, but nothing came of it. 1 update, waiting. it would be such a big change. Id rather have that done, than have the store.

I have a feeling that code package is more talk than delivery. There are very few code packages that work as intended and are normally filled with tons of bugs. In some cases, it would actually take longer to fix all the bugs of the package because of poor coding and logic.

The package is also not OSI accurate as the original coder even stated. The way things are coded might not be up to runuo coding standards (As in, the class and methods may be poorly designed as to not allow expansion). So as you can see, it looks too good to be true.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Ryan does not implement code for our server in normal circumstances.

psz

Administrator

All Demise code MUST meet certain criteria to be used:

1) Must be approved by more than 1 dev as being "Safe" (Not malicious, no server-crash-bugs, etc)

2) Must be considered "OSI Accurate" by at least two devs (OSI accurate in that it has to have SOLID MATH/PROOF that things at least work right)

3) Must work 100% with the CORE RUNUO as well as FUTURE RUNUO. Example: When Factions were being worked on, there was a Faction code that was more or less close to OSI (Not quite RunUO standard, but close). Problem: If you set the server to Pre-AOS, the shard would have all kinds of issues. Thus, the code couldn't be used in RunUO's core. Phantom helped the devs write a proper Factions code that wouldn't cause issues whether it was used or not.

Some people don't think the third issue makes a difference. Number three is EXTREMELY important, because Demise's updates are used for RunUO Official Releases as well as the SVN (and vice-versa). If we added Peerless Bosses, it would have to work under *EVERY* supported UO Era that RunUO handles: Pre-AOS, AOS, SE, ML. If even ONE of those doesn't work with the code, or even one feature of on era breaks due to the code, it cannot be used on Demise. Period.

psz;458613 said:
All Demise code MUST meet certain criteria to be used:

1) Must be approved by more than 1 dev as being "Safe" (Not malicious, no server-crash-bugs, etc)

So, no external code can ever be approved, since there is only one dev...how nice.

psz

Administrator

Controlled Chaos;458624 said:
So, no external code can ever be approved, since there is only one dev...how nice.

Wrong.

There is One DEMISE ONLY Dev.

There are FIVE RunUO Devs. If *ANY* two or more of the RunUO Devs approve of code, it's in, simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.