UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why PvP Sucks

Flipper

Knight
Why PvP Sucks

Everyone seems clueless as to why PvP has become so lame. It's obvious to me, after not more than a couple days. And the problem isn't the bola tamers, the gank squads, the rampant area effect spells - at least not directly.

Nobody cares any more, but I'll say it - the reason PvP sucks is because there isn't any honor in it any more. Nobody cares any more. Which is fine by me, because I have the memories. But it's really too bad. We're going to spend hours a day playing this game anyways, and it's too bad that we don't want to make it the challenging experience it was.

It used to be that nobody on an alchy dexxer would dare say anything but "LOLOL" after a kill... that offscreening was considered as good as dying... that a gate out could often be expected, or at least was a possibility, because you knew it meant you'd get an enemy quicker... deaths were almost rare and were actually worthy of a forum post. 2-3 kills on a team would be considered a win. Nobody cared about points, they cared about winning against people who were just as if not better than they, on even grounds. It was too much fun. That's what everyone misses, but it's so long gone, killed by children of the WoW age (post 06).

So what do we get when the honor dissipates and nobody cares any more? Bola tamers, do-whatever-it-takes mentalities, RIDICULOUSLY inflated faction points, alchy dexxers with pride, a lack of "elite" guilds with actual skill, ganked setups, and 75 member guilds without an ounce of skill to any member.

Hybrid has been dead for a year now, if you ask me. I quit shortly after I saw the PvP deteriorate to nothing and have been watching since. It's time to play again, but I don't know how long I'll last, because I'll stay onscreen and I have a feeling I'll be dying a lot. Because the game isn't fun without honor and I won't play without it. It's a disadvantage, but it made the game fun.

So you can expect a gate out from me, or a fair 1v1, and I won't even expect it back from you. Join me if you like, though. It's fun playing for honor. That's what separates the vets from the 06er trash =)

Flipper

Knight
Re: Why PvP Sucks

Erhughesmill: theres no longer any guilds
Erhughesmill: who are like
Erhughesmill: friends
Erhughesmill: its just groups of random players ganking
Erhughesmill: people used to pvp for bragging rights
Erhughesmill: now its like
Erhughesmill: HEY WE WONT
Erhughesmill: kewl.. there was noone to beat
Flipper The Band: yeah
Flipper The Band: exactly
Flipper The Band: like kill points matter, like loot matters
Flipper The Band: its just counterstrike
Flipper The Band: with mares and ebolts and earthquakes

SEE IM NOT ALONE

XxDRIVENxX

Sorceror

agreed 100% I must say though, yesterday brought hope that pvp is gettng better with Dream Team giving us very good fights yesterday whether it was them on reds or on their factioners, both were relativley even numbers and noone really offscreened and a few SL gave a few good fights as well. Things seem to be getting betetr from what it was but it definatley wouldnt hurt for people to have a little bit of pride in their guild tag and learn to play as a guild rather than to justs ee how many points they can farm off of alts and rape the atrophy system for...

Flipper

Knight

oh, and i definitely vote for a faction point wipe - its just ridiculous and pointless when you consistently get 10-40 points off a single kill... anyone remember when 100 points meant something?

XxDRIVENxX;1701511 said:
agreed 100% I must say though, yesterday brought hope that pvp is gettng better with Dream Team giving us very good fights yesterday whether it was them on reds or on their factioners, both were relativley even numbers and noone really offscreened and a few SL gave a few good fights as well. Things seem to be getting betetr from what it was but it definatley wouldnt hurt for people to have a little bit of pride in their guild tag and learn to play as a guild rather than to justs ee how many points they can farm off of alts and rape the atrophy system for...

yea i saw alot of those fights last night many of which went on for a good 15-20 minutes. it was nice to see some even fights without all the shit ganking and people who shouldnt be involved. i give mad props to sl minax and the tb that fought it out last night looked to be pretty even. i can say i saw an equal number of each factions dead bodies so it was pretty even by the end.

Abu Garcia

Wanderer

i agreee faction wipe would be awesome i remember when 100 points and you were level 10 and at the top of the leader boards

Flipper

Knight

Abu Garcia;1701570 said:
i agreee faction wipe would be awesome i remember when 100 points and you were level 10 and at the top of the leader boards

made the game a bit more fun, didn't it? nobody cares about 2500 points. it's so static, too. i'd love to see a return of 1-2 point kills, getting 4-5 points of a kill being huge, 10 points in a single kill almost unheard of... like UO was supposed to be.

also, fix the atrophy system... nobody should get points for playing imo just let em decay

Kingllama

Knight

I miss pvp with honor. I try to keep a respect and honor against my enemys if i kill you 1v1 i will gate and not loot. Points in a 1v1 are fine enough to me yea i like points cause it means i've killed people in a group or 1v1. We were against MS/eq and eric crew and they both got on us it was a big war. But it was my first war like that in factions since i just joined.

:bad grammer:

This is the same mentality that lead to trammel on osi. It lead to stat loss for reds, it lead to nerfing mages and generally to fucking up one of the best games ever. Obviously you never played in 97-00 when the real "elites" played osi. There was never honor, the idea of honor in uo is for scrubs. If you die to some one doing something "cheap" it means in the end you suck. Stop complaining and adapt. If you like doing 1v1 where no one runs or only uses one template, we have a very nice dueling system here. Also I don't know why you think you are so good, this game is not hard. The hardest and most challenging element in uo IS group fighting in the field when ANYTHING goes, which is the very thing you are whining about and can't handle. Stop bitching about a game you don't have the skill to play anymore and about some supposed "vets" from 3 years ago.

Flipper

Knight

Anton Chigurh;1701613 said:
This is the same mentality that lead to trammel on osi. It lead to stat loss for reds, it lead to nerfing mages and generally to fucking up one of the best games ever. Obviously you never played in 97-00 when the real "elites" played osi. There was never honor, the idea of honor in uo is for scrubs. If you die to some one doing something "cheap" it means in the end you suck. Stop complaining and adapt. If you like doing 1v1 where no one runs or only uses one template, we have a very nice dueling system here. Also I don't know why you think you are so good, this game is not hard. The hardest and most challenging element in uo IS group fighting in the field when ANYTHING goes, which is the very thing you are whining about and can't handle. Stop bitching about a game you don't have the skill to play anymore and about some supposed "vets" from 3 years ago.

you completely and totally missed the point

It's not difficult to kill people at all. I'm not bitching about the game itself. I'm bitching about the people who play it.

I do just fine on the field. But it's not fun, like it used to be. I don't care when I kill someone and I don't care when I die, because nobody else seems to... people who played a couple years back know what I'm talking about, and random people who weren't involved/good enough have no clue.

Back in the day, there was honor like no other. I don't know what you're smoking man. People respected skill. Having Dread Lord before your name scared the fuck out of people. Duels mattered. Sure, there were ganks, but that's not the point.

^ join date 07

You never played here when people were actually good, so please vacate the conversation.

Aradesh

Wanderer

Sometimes I feel stupid for staying on screen and letting a guy get a lucky stun in to kill me :(

Then they talk shit.

But when I dump on the same alchy stun retard, he'd sprint into a house or just streamline straight away until he had enough mana to dump again.

Kingllama

Knight

Flipper;1701641 said:
you completely and totally missed the point

It's not difficult to kill people at all. I'm not bitching about the game itself. I'm bitching about the people who play it.

I do just fine on the field. But it's not fun, like it used to be. I don't care when I kill someone and I don't care when I die, because nobody else seems to... people who played a couple years back know what I'm talking about, and random people who weren't involved/good enough have no clue.

Back in the day, there was honor like no other. I don't know what you're smoking man. People respected skill. Having Dread Lord before your name scared the fuck out of people. Duels mattered. Sure, there were ganks, but that's not the point.

Agreed

I think what Anton was trying to get across was play to win. But you can still play competitively and be honorable. I agree with everything Flipper has said and I really hope each day I do my runs that something in this shard will change and only the players can do that...

And it kinda sucks that reds are rare these days and that they don't team up against blues rather then killing each other on sight.

Rikomi-hybrid;1701684 said:
I think what Anton was trying to get across was play to win. But you can still play competitively and be honorable. I agree with everything Flipper has said and I really hope each day I do my runs that something in this shard will change and only the players can do that...

And it kinda sucks that reds are rare these days and that they don't team up against blues rather then killing each other on sight.

Play to have fun.

Constantly offscreening and dumping 20v1 isn't very much fun.

Coming from the guys rolling 30 deep at the minimum, interesting.

Maybe if your guild spilt in two, or three, they server might recover.

Kingllama;1701601 said:
I miss pvp with honor. I try to keep a respect and honor against my enemys if i kill you 1v1 i will gate and not loot. Points in a 1v1 are fine enough to me yea i like points cause it means i've killed people in a group or 1v1. We were against MS/eq and eric crew and they both got on us it was a big war. But it was my first war like that in factions since i just joined.

:bad grammer:

huh ? when? at brit today i was actually not calling on u guys. was hopin ud sync on ms eq too. then u killed joseph and gotti got zergd and i ran. i didn touch u kids 3v11v4

i was pickin the bigger number hopin u would to..

groups of 10+ with ms scrolsl and holding down target random enemy humanoid isnt skill. no1 in ur guild has skill. let ryan take out razor for a week and let everyone use normal uo and see what guilds still stand. the ones that do will still win uo. dont say that would be dumb cause quite frankly i think only thing from razor that should be used is pots. everything else should be by uo. razor = an easier way for unskilled gamers to be better. macros/target randoms etc.

razor = tutorial's for bad gamers to try and compare to the best

Rhadam

Page

Fuck man... i post about how bad PvP was getting and everybody says adapt or quit....

fucking flipper says pvp is bad for the basic same reasons i did and everybody sucks his dick...