UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Working conditions

The Beef

Sorceror
Working conditions

Have any of you ever worked in a situation where every mistake, regardless of how unimportant, is stuffed back into your face with zeal?

The morale in my office has deteriorated so much that I am thinking about walking after 9 years. My job isn't hard, but there is an incredible ammount of data and procedure to remember because every one of our 70 + clients want things handled slightly different. They all have little tweaks that have no effect on the overall performance of the company, but they have them none the less. And the slightest clerical error, having no effect on anything, brings rain from several of my 8 bosses every day. I'm living my life in an Office Space spin off. So frustrated. Ready to start shooting and ask questions later.

Crynth

Sorceror
Re: Working conditions

I was in nearly the same situation 6 months ago, although only 5 years in tho. Long story short, I love skiing. My girlfriend was in the same situation, so we quit our jobs, moved to the mountains, took jobs as housekeepers and janitors at a heli ski resort for the winter, got some amazing skiing in, met so many great people, and now decided to teavel. We are both 28 and have decided we are going to get work visas and move to australia for 2 years. Like I said, met some amazing people.

Whatever you decide, they mean what they say. Everything always has a way of working itself out. You just need to decide to make the change and go for it balls deep.

Let me know how it works out

Facko

Sorceror

Find another job then write "I Quit!!!" on your ass and moon your boss at your current job...

The Beef

Sorceror

Crynth;734584 said:
I was in nearly the same situation 6 months ago, although only 5 years in tho. Long story short, I love skiing. My girlfriend was in the same situation, so we quit our jobs, moved to the mountains, took jobs as housekeepers and janitors at a heli ski resort for the winter, got some amazing skiing in, met so many great people, and now decided to teavel. We are both 28 and have decided we are going to get work visas and move to australia for 2 years. Like I said, met some amazing people.

Whatever you decide, they mean what they say. Everything always has a way of working itself out. You just need to decide to make the change and go for it balls deep.

Let me know how it works out

That's awesome. My scenario will prevent me from "living the dream" like that, but I love that you can.

Seer Zatoichi

Sorceror

I utilize jobvent in situations like these. Helps release the stress. My most recent post on there was a ridiculous short essay about the VP of my company. Needless to say, company moral and my moral has been raised significantly since that post (Especially since I know he's read it).

Oaks

Knight

Most managers/team leaders/whatever you call them, are nothing more then power hungry people who just like to feel important by exercising their position by being a complete tosser to those below them. I've had to deal with a few of those in past jobs and plenty of my mates encountered the same type of people.

At least in my case I take satisfaction in the fact that they probably still have the same boring job with no career advancement in sight while I have moved on to bigger and better things.

I can't really give any advice other then having a look around for other jobs or the same type of job at a better company, or simply to go a day or a weekend away (with family/gf/whatever) to clear your head / de-stress. Could also simply go to the cinema, the zoo, a comedy night at the local theatre - have a look around what is on in your local area.

Pont

Knight

Pont;734632 said:
I highly recommend:

http://www.i-resign.com/uk/home/

Read what it has to say on this site..it may change your life.

Here are a few example resignation letters from the site:

Dear Chris
After an appropriate period of deliberation, I have come to the decision to tender my resignation from
, effective November 10, 2000.
Please know that I still maintain a high level of respect for you as a manager and colleague, and I thank you sincerely for the support and assistance you have offered me in each of those roles. I have been proud to work for
over the past eight years; it has been a journey that has provided me an unparalleled foundation to move forward to new and exciting opportunities.
As such, I have decided to become a professional pirate. It has always been a dream of mine to live the life of a swashbuckling corsair, beholden to none and master of all I survey. Once my crew of unabashed rogues is assembled, we shall take to the capacious expanse of the high seas to pursue fortune, fame, and hair-raising adventure.
Our path may not be filled with the porcine comforts and technological marvels that
provides, but we shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.
Please note that I am currently accepting applications for First Officer, if you are at all interested in applying. I will provide a full medical and dental plan, which will offer immediate coverage of all maladies other than scurvy and the occasional bout of rickets.
Sincerely

or

Dear Crispin,

I am tendering my resignation from crunkass.com . My short time here has been one of despair and misery. Staring into the blank, asexual, arse-chop features of my colleagues every morning has been a constant pleasure surpassed only by observing your talent for employing the talentless nerds in the first place. I'm sorry to hear that you count some of them as sushi-buddies. I can't take the post-modern deconstruction and bad dress sense any longer - I'm off. I'm taking a sabbatical in Guatemala. I've heard life's more authentic out there.
My crazy, stick-thin girlfriend awaits me outside on the Micro-Scooter.
Yours

more::

Dear Y,
I joined the Milton Keynes Gas Board as chief cleaner not to further my career in environmental engineering, but in order to gather enough evidence to prove that you are the notorious and nefarious KGB agent, "Red Thunder". Now that I have sent my dossier to MI6, my job here is done, so I may tender my resignation to you.
My suspicions were aroused when I saw you opening the new pumping station in July of 1982. You had eschewed the traditional shell-suit in favour of a mackintosh and ill-fitting trilby. That episode and your appearance on the BBC's Question-Time in 1983, when you asked Norman Tebbit whether the he thought England's cricket team could beat a Ukranian select XI, gave me the impetus to expose you.
Luckily my years watching Bond Movies and reading "Amateur Spy Monthly" have served me well and I was easily able gather evidence: the twice-weekly visits to Mrs. Biggins' House of Easy Virtue - a safe house if ever there was one; your known associations with Cambridge Graduates; the limp; unnecessary queuing at the bakery; your predilection for borscht and tearful viewing of the Battleship Potemkin. These habits alone would have been enough for me to have you arrested, but sending the plans for the North Sea gas tunnels to "Submarine Commander Boris" was your final mistake.
By the time you read this, the unmarked cars will be at your door and I will be sharing a martini with your pretty young assistant, Tatiana Shagdalova.
Yours,

Seer Zatoichi

Sorceror

Pont;734635 said:
Dear Chris
After an appropriate period of deliberation, I have come to the decision to tender my resignation from
, effective November 10, 2000.
Please know that I still maintain a high level of respect for you as a manager and colleague, and I thank you sincerely for the support and assistance you have offered me in each of those roles. I have been proud to work for
over the past eight years; it has been a journey that has provided me an unparalleled foundation to move forward to new and exciting opportunities.
As such, I have decided to become a professional pirate. It has always been a dream of mine to live the life of a swashbuckling corsair, beholden to none and master of all I survey. Once my crew of unabashed rogues is assembled, we shall take to the capacious expanse of the high seas to pursue fortune, fame, and hair-raising adventure.
Our path may not be filled with the porcine comforts and technological marvels that
provides, but we shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.
Please note that I am currently accepting applications for First Officer, if you are at all interested in applying. I will provide a full medical and dental plan, which will offer immediate coverage of all maladies other than scurvy and the occasional bout of rickets.
Sincerely

This is totally going to be my resignation letter when the time comes (with a lot of tweaks.)

Pont

Knight

Seer Zatoichi;734638 said:
This is totally going to be my resignation letter when the time comes (with a lot of tweaks.)
Yeah that ones good, I'm just going through them at the moment laughing my head off at some. Just read this one...

Dear Mr Strangewave,
I type with some difficulty, having recently had all of my limbs removed. Do not concern yourself about my well-being, I can assure you I have been involved in no traumatic incident or spontaneous dismembering. Oh no, this has been my choice. For as long as I can recall, and most acutely throughout my adult life, I have hidden a secret longing to be free of limbs.
We've never really clicked, my arms and I. My legs have always got on top of me. Someone had to go and we all agreed it was me. The doctors have a name for my curious discomfort, body dysmorphic syndrome. Look it up. I can tell you, it is as though a weight has lifted from my shoulders and, of course, also from my hips. I am comfortable in my skin for the first time in my life. I am that rarest of breeds, the happy amputee. I wear a smile on every stump. Be pleased for me.
Of course, my career as a whaler is finished. It is with some regret that I give you a month's notice. I will miss the sting of the sea spray as we split the waves. Alas, no more, the deathly clatter of barnacle on barnacle as one of my cetacean prey turns around inside its own blubbery hide. No more whittling of whalebone into elegant filligrees as you play a shanty. The grievous cleaving as harpoon slices fin, t'is only a memory now. I hope we can remain good friends. Bring straws.

Blacula

Knight

The Beef;734574 said:
I'm living my life in an Office Space spin off. So frustrated. Ready to start shooting and ask questions later.
I suggest you do some serious job-hunting after work / day off / etc., and plot your revenge like a supervillain (much like Facko mentioned earlier.) However, I believe this to be more satisfying:

* Before the last day of work, buy some fresh fish at the supermarket. (Or just go fishing!) Put it in a large zip-loc bag.

* Carry said fish with you to work, and search for an air ventilation duct, preferrably somewhere dark and with no cameras.

* Remove the cover on the duct, place the bag a few feet inside, and quickly replace the cover. Barely open the bag, so that only the smell can escape a little.

* Laugh as the monkeys take days to locate the source of that horrible smell.

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

Blacula;734701 said:
* Before the last day of work, buy some fresh fish at the supermarket. (Or just go fishing!) Put it in a large zip-loc bag.

* Carry said fish with you to work, and search for an air ventilation duct, preferrably somewhere dark and with no cameras.

* Remove the cover on the duct, place the bag a few feet inside, and quickly replace the cover. Barely open the bag, so that only the smell can escape a little.

* Laugh as the monkeys take days to locate the source of that horrible smell.

we did that in high school for april fools
the principal threatened the whole school that when he find the ones responsible they were gonna get expelled

we got scared to let it out and risk being caugt so it stinked the school for 3 days until a janitor found it :p

watch the movie wanted with morgan freeman and angelina jolie
i loved the way that dude in the movie resigned

Phelon

Knight

The Beef;734574 said:
Have any of you ever worked in a situation where every mistake, regardless of how unimportant, is stuffed back into your face with zeal?

The morale in my office has deteriorated so much that I am thinking about walking after 9 years. My job isn't hard, but there is an incredible ammount of data and procedure to remember because every one of our 70 + clients want things handled slightly different. They all have little tweaks that have no effect on the overall performance of the company, but they have them none the less. And the slightest clerical error, having no effect on anything, brings rain from several of my 8 bosses every day. I'm living my life in an Office Space spin off. So frustrated. Ready to start shooting and ask questions later.

Leave. Find another job first but leave. Even better find the job on their time if possible. It's not going to get better if you have 8 bosses. You have been there 9 years and aren't one of them by now.............

Face it, you have been there 9 years and don't want to go burning that bridge. There's a good chance you'll need them for a reference at some point so give them the proper notice.
Don't go and stir the office coffee with your dick or anything crazy like you see on TV ;)

Facko

Sorceror

Mine was more of a modified version of this. The guy was even chased out by security (not that it was caught on camera), but I'm a huge fan of burning bridges when I REALLY REALLY loathe something.

Blacula

Knight

Esqarrouth;734742 said:
we did that in high school for april fools
the principal threatened the whole school that when he find the ones responsible they were gonna get expelled

we got scared to let it out and risk being caugt so it stinked the school for 3 days until a janitor found it
......but wasn't it FUN?! lawl

The Beef

Sorceror

They have offered me promotions, but I would have to leave my shift to take them, and I can't do that because of family obligations. I wouldn't feel any better about being the goon harrassing people about insignificant mistakes than I do about being on the back end anyway. I think I am going to bide my time until I finish my degree and then set the building on fire.

Dollpartz

Squire

I can't believe some of the responses in this thread. When the going gets tough you leave? What the bloody heck? Nobody ever got stinking rich and successful by getting up and pissing off, I guess that's why you've been stuck in the same position for 9 years. Life is tough, deal with it. Brush off the negative criticism, pull your head in and do a better job next time.