UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Working conditions

The Beef

Sorceror
Re: Working conditions

I haven't been "stuck" in the same position for 9 years. I've been with the same company for 9 years. And only recently did is start to suck. For the majority of the time here, its been good and I have enjoyed it. They didn't always harp on mistakes like the present.

I hear this "life's tough" BS all the time. I have to say, life is not tough, assholes make a life tough. When you are dealing with pleasant people, life is a breeze.

By the way, how would a tendency toward quitting keep me in the same position? Wouldn't I have let long ago if I was a quitter?

Pont

Knight

The Beef;734941 said:
I hear this "life's tough" BS all the time. I have to say, life is not tough, assholes make a life tough. When you are dealing with pleasant people, life is a breeze.

True. You are the only one who is in a position to make a judgement. If you feel it is time to leave, feel undervalued, there is an intolerable atmosphere beacause of the amount of arseholes and can do better elsewhere then go for it.

Feel the fear and do it anyway.

Pont

Knight

Dollpartz;734933 said:
Nobody ever got stinking rich and successful by getting up and pissing off.

Wrong. Most people got stinking rich and successful by getting up and pissing off. Other people who are afraid stay in a dead end job....

Dollpartz

Squire

So basically, what you're trying to tell me is that you will get far in life if you just "give up" when somebody is telling you are doing a mediocre job, oh ok. Gotcha.

Well I guess that holds some merit, after all, why bother to learn from your mistakes when there will always be jobs for people in low paying wage government offices or doing the people a service by handing them their brown paper bags full of Big Macs and French Fries.. Don't want to do somebody elses tax returns? Oh that's O.K, just throw a hissy fit and tell your boss to stick them up his arse, meanwhile your children are asking you why there is no food in the pantry.

Dollpartz

Squire

Pont;734943 said:
Wrong. Most people got stinking rich and successful by getting up and pissing off.

Oh so that's why the many people living on the streets are secretly rich. They told the system to piss off, now the cash flow is coming out of their ears. It makes so much sense now.

Pont

Knight

Dollpartz;735113 said:
Oh so that's why the many people living on the streets are secretly rich. They told the system to piss off, now the cash flow is coming out of their ears. It makes so much sense now.
People who are on the streets are usually drug/drunk fucked up people or people who have a history of abuse of some kind. Not people who make a decission to quit a job because things have gotten bad after 9 years of being in it....not in the developed world anyway. Of course that is up to the OP to decide and people here have been giving advice or cheerful banter.
Yes most rich people are people who have gone out there and played a risk. Ok the chances are VERY slim to be successful. I look back at some of the things I have done IRL and were risky. Some payed off and some didn't but all I can say is that I made the best decission at the time given the information I had to hand and carefully weighed it up.

Dollpartz

Squire

Pont;735177 said:
People who are on the streets are usually drug/drunk fucked up people or people who have a history of abuse of some kind.

Not true. You don't think the harsh reality of life (the same kind that makes people want to give up their career because the going got tough) landed these people here? The reason why people are on the streets is because they were too stupid or lazy to hold down a job, plain and simple.

I think the reason why there are so many drug addicts losers on the streets is because taking drugs is essentially insanity escapism, yadda yadd..... Point being, the reason why they are living in a pile of garbage on a corner is a result of having a poor attitude in life and making poor choices (like taking drugs and drinking to excess-- but those aren't a direct cause of it).