UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Wtf is going on in Luna??? (To Staff)

Ripa

Sorceror
Wtf is going on in Luna??? (To Staff)

I was afk advertising my shop and casting a gate travel spell each 30 seconds. I have seen things pretty worse than that.

So, someone (I guess a GM or someone from staff) moved my char from the center of Luna Bank to the outside part of Luna (where the stairs begin near the moongate). OK FINE. Do not spawn in Luna and so on and so on ..... I agree with that.

Left my char there doing exactly the same thing (EXACTLY IN THE SAME SPOT SOMEONE FROM STAFF MOVED MY CHAR TO). And guess what, again someone from staff moved my char even farer. Now it was on the outside town part, after the first crossroad once you leave Luna on the east side.

So I just want to say: STOP MOVING MY CHAR PLEASE. IF YOU DID NOT WANT ME IN THAT SECOND SPOT, WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU MOVE MY CHAR TO THAT SPOT?.

Instead of lloking at the people who is trying to advertise a shop, put a eye on those who just are macroing ss, or necro, or whatever, who are the ones that create the lag in Luna. Normally people advertising shops are not afk really long, but all those who macro a skill can be there forever making the same sound.

Cheers.

ZNICK

Wanderer
Re: Wtf is going on in Luna??? (To Admins)

It's not lag thats the problem, it's all of the spamming messages. It's not the sound that causes the problem, it's the spam:

"come my shop have me good
item cheap you buy fine for
me thanks you shop my shop ok".

Nobody can chat/buy/trade when there's people spamming gates there. There's a sign IN the bank, and there's also a sign at the stairs above the moongate/stables, that neither gate spamming nor macroing are allowed.

I imagine one of the "trainee" gm's moved you by the stairs, then someone else complained so they moved you further away.

Ripa

Sorceror
Re: Wtf is going on in Luna??? (To Staff)

I agree with you. That was my first statement. I agree with the first move. What really pissed my off was the fact that I was again moved.

Should I then page a GM everytime I see a jerk yelling something with a range between 1 and 30 seconds????? If so, no problem. I will. But pages are going to go really wild. :p

Does that mean that if someone would have paged again (after the second movement) saying that I was bothering him I could have been moved again??? and again?? and again???

Btw, I would appreciatte if someone could tell me the correct way of complaining about spamming ingame? Thanks.

ZNICK

Wanderer

I wasn't attacking you... just assumed that someone moved you, then noticed the sign, or someone else complained. Who knows? (it's a weird crowd, lol)

Z

pbguy434

Knight

People are stupid. I got paged on for spamming MA on a guy in my guild and spamming heal on myself. It lasted no logner than 30 seconds.

Ripa

Sorceror

ZNICK said:
I wasn't attacking you... just assumed that someone moved you, then noticed the sign, or someone else complained. Who knows? (it's a weird crowd, lol)

Z

Sure it is. :rolleyes:

Tell me who can hurt reading a msg every 30/40 seconds ??? Well this is Demise. :cool:

Anyhow, I have already made 2,5kk in less than 4 hours, so the goal was reached, but these things really pissed me off. Btw, I have paged for spamming already for one guy yelling in Luna ..... YES, WE ALL KNOW YOU WANT TO TRADE THE CROWN OF HARROVER ..... Lets see if he is there longer.

punisher7700

Sorceror

I had a char moved that was neither macroing nor breaking the rules. Nor was I afk or in Luna. Is this a common practice of shard staff? Seems a little overzealous. The first poster seems to have broken a rule but i was not breaking a rule or AFK macroing and had a char moved without someone so much as even appearing and speaking to me. Seemed more like harrassment. I was under the impression that the goal of GMs ,counselors, etc had a mission to make the game more enjoyable and assist in any way possible. Is this no longer holding true here? Thanks

Omni

Wanderer

who cares...u got moved a couple screens form the bank for lag/spam reasons..if its such a big deal move back

Ripa

Sorceror

Just a brief note: For those who I really bother for advertisement here is what u need to do.

Options>Filter Options>Ignore Player and then put my name. That will solve your big problem.

Ferris

Page

The second move would have been my fault, I was explaining where to move people to a newer member of staff and they probably took my meaning wrong and went back to move you further. It really is a non issue. It's not as if we froze you squelched you stripped you naked and killed your horse.

[Drakull]

Knight

Ferris said:
The second move would have been my fault, I was explaining where to move people to a newer member of staff and they probably took my meaning wrong and went back to move you further. It really is a non issue. It's not as if we froze you squelched you stripped you naked and killed your horse.
Ferris... so now there is not anymore stripping the characters naked and killing their mounts? Where is the fun for staff then?? ;)

I am not going to discriminate nor count how many seconds you timed your merchant jingle. I log on I see 10-15 people doing the same thing you all get moved. Instead of bitching "OMG they moved me" Try using other methods of promoting your shop and getting those bits and pieces of fake money that make your belly pink and warm. You can use the forum, irc, the UO Chat, the message boards and so on. Consider getting a vendor in Luna or near populated areas that way you wont even need to do promotion.

You all get treated the same by me. Before I end my speech, I would like to point out that in Luna there are some white signs... Can someone please be kind and post what they say?

Thank you!

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I must agree with Amnesia when I say that I treat everyone fairly. I deal with spammers and spell spammers as well as gaters, afk or not. Now, of course, this is when I'm logged in. That doesn't mean it can't happen when the cat is away :)

There are signs in Luna that ask folks not to spam or spell spam or what have you - its a shame there are several people who do not abide by them.

Moving is the kind thing to do. I presume no one wants the alternative.

LC

[Drakull]

Knight

LadyCrimson said:
Well... I could move them to jail...... or fire island (evil laugh)
Nah... don't be so evil... just move them to despise's champ in felucca so at least someone can take the loot from their bodies...

Ripa

Sorceror

LOL

Moved again. This is getting funny. Ok, ok, ok, ok.

I have seen 2 white signs in Luna, one in the bank and another one right in front of Luna Moongate. I guess those are the ones you were referring to.

"Please Don't Macro or Spawn Here in Luna" .... I think that's it. From the text I can read, it seems to me, that no one is forcing me not to do it, but asking me to try to avoid doing it. Getting to that point I do not see any fairly reason why my chars should be moved without my consent by any staff member if I am not by anyways breaking any rule.

"Please Don't Macro or Spawn Here in Luna" ..... let me guess again. Are you moving all the people macroing in Luna. I honestly do not think you are.

In resume: I do not see any signs where I could read that Spamming in Luna is considering as breaking the rules and/or something I could get my char moved.

Should we consider from now on that spamming and/or macro in Luna is forbidden in Demise?

Thanks.