UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

y did you quit OSI?

Re: y did you quit OSI?

psz;695031 said:
Look at the FIRST UO discs:

Origin Systems Inc. is a wholey owned subsidiary of Electronic Arts.

The intro doesn't matter: EA bought out OSI in 1992, during Ultima 7 development.

Ultima 8 came out after Ultima 7.

Ultima Online came out after Ultima 8.

Ergo: EA has *ALWAYS* owned UO. EA funded UO. EA developed UO. EA created UO. OSI was just the dev team *AT EA* that handled the actual code.

At no point in history was UO ever NOT owned by EA.

I like how somebody busted out the Discs for this. I did too.

psz

Administrator

Eskeshehir;695047 said:
I like how somebody busted out the Discs for this. I did too.

Busted out the disc? You nuts? :-P

I couldn't begin to tell you where my original UO disc is anymore :-P

I just remember people on rec.games.computer.ultima.online arguing this point in 1997 ;->

(And 98.... And 99... And 2000.... etc... etc.... etc)

dsavant

Sorceror

psz;695031 said:
The intro doesn't matter: EA bought out OSI in 1992, during Ultima 7 development..

i know, i'm just saying that around when they changed the intro to EA, was around when i had quit

I used to watch that intro from time to time before playing the game, there was no fel then, just red appear at random during hunting and a lot of hot PK spots we used to aware of, tough time if you are a PK, but good fun man.

GodZila

Sorceror

they nerfed ebay
Alot quit osi when they realize they have lost lots of money for useless pixels you cant sell anymore
most of them play wow now

im kinda adicted to uo so....
u guys aint done with me :)