UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

You asked... we will deliver...

joey2ultima

Sorceror
Re: You asked... we will deliver...

I say Have a delay on tools...but I know this wont work..

What they shard needs to do is just bann HoT and that would solve 90% the scripting on the shard. Whitsunday cheats everytime with the flash placer, heard he finally got banned after the minoc 18x18 he flash scrited , while there was 25 people there...

Anyways, getting rid of the ability to time houses (28.8 hours idoc) would be retarded and kill idocing as a professional and knowledgable business. Stop insta placers would be nice, so that when indeed it does fall, only the people who have secured the house will be able to place.

My idea would be , when the house falls, cant be replaced for a few minutes? giving people chance to loot without auto under sign / locked down.
Then have tool limited to one plac try per 30 seconds?

Thus, house would fall, everyone would have to runa around and grab loot. After lets say...2-3 min...house is able to be replaced. Now everyone has 1 shot to place. but stlll....someone will be able to script the one time place try.

so i dunno

Lex Talionis

Wanderer

Many good things on going on these days on Gamers, what a amazing change and for the best.

blueice305

Sorceror

you record your self placing a house with razor and set it as a hotkey when it falls bamb hit f1 or whatever the bind is. thats what i did and got my house wiped along with all my items :*(

Queequeg

Wanderer

Pepsi_Rox said:
So your answer is replacing the main focus of the economy of housing and reagents towards... trammy items and pointless bank accounts?
Nah, its actually freeing up space from house hogs like yourself...

If I were in your shoes, I would be the first to respond negatively to this idea too tbh...

The shard is really doing well lately, lots of updates to keep players, many cool changes, but this is just... awesome!

tnx everyone involved in making the shard better, this is very cool

saul

Wanderer

was it ever really a problem?...
people just complain cause they A) don't know what they are doing B) miss the idoc and get pissed and blame you for scripting C) have slow connections

i don't think i've ever placed a house where i wasn't accused of scripting

latest example was uonoobs yew house... just read that thread!! stupid people = 100% scripting = 0%

mind you i'm not criticizing this patch or the idea behind it... but i do think there is an extreme amount of "crying wolf" going on when it comes to automated house placement, i'm positive almost 99.9% of the time someone says a house was scripted it wasn't. to be totally honest, i am always worried when i see updates like this cause the possibility of false accusation/banning/deletion seems high. i'm a uog lifer though so whatever

Smellvin

Wanderer

saul said:
latest example was uonoobs yew house... just read that thread!!! stupid people = 100% scripting = 0%
At least on that one, I saw the ground for a split second. Some IDOCs drop and they just magically change from a house into a plot with no apparent transition.

cursis

Wanderer

I believe that delays on things won't help that much... because as we all know euo can get around alot of shit like that. The thing that will decrease scripting is random decay times... that way there will be lots of fighting... say the time could be anywhere form 25h after idoc to 35h after it hits idoc.. that would mean that there would be a possibility of 10 hours of fighting at an idoc... that gives people time to kill eachother and it also makes it so that there is no exact time meaning it is nearly impossible for someone to recall in and auto-place 10 seconds later.

zlatan fulgere

Sorceror

First of all, thanks Ryan. If you're not on Hybrid, you're not playing UO.

I wouldn't like a delay on placement tools though. If I want to resize a house I own, I'd hate to let someone else have it if I miss by one tile on an attempt and have to wait for some timer.

As for the 1 house rule suggestion, I don't think so. I mean, let's start with four and see how it goes if you know what I mean.

cursis said:
I believe that delays on things won't help that much... because as we all know euo can get around alot of shit like that. The thing that will decrease scripting is random decay times... that way there will be lots of fighting... say the time could be anywhere form 25h after idoc to 35h after it hits idoc.. that would mean that there would be a possibility of 10 hours of fighting at an idoc... that gives people time to kill eachother and it also makes it so that there is no exact time meaning it is nearly impossible for someone to recall in and auto-place 10 seconds later.

great idea tbh

too many times have i seen ppl show up seconds before an idoc falls just to place. for me, the most fun of idoc hunting is the accompanied pvp (except for HoT mare squads ;[) & ur idea would definately promote that :p

joey2ultima said:
My idea would be , when the house falls, cant be replaced for a few minutes? giving people chance to loot without auto under sign / locked down.
Then have tool limited to one plac try per 30 seconds?

Thus, house would fall, everyone would have to runa around and grab loot. After lets say...2-3 min...house is able to be replaced. Now everyone has 1 shot to place. but stlll....someone will be able to script the one time place try.

so i dunno

this is stupid tbh ur prolly one of those ppl that sits at idocs and never gets any loot cause ur to slow and evrything is locked down ont he plot befor u get a chacne at it..... there would be no point in doin idocs if everyoen there got a chacne to loot shit out of the house thats why ppl do them is to get the loot and tell every one else to fuck off it there and why should u have to wait that long to place all they need to do is take care of easyuo(which can be done cause osi has done it many time just easyuo comes out with a new one)(and yes i know its not osi) and thats it its fine how it is its just that easyuo fucks it up

selo

Wanderer

RYAN STOP FIXING THE SHARD ALL OF A SUDDEN. I LEAVE AND CANT PLAY AND YOU DO ALL THIS SHIT: fagg.

I cry inside after reading this update. Maybe Val and his IDOC'ers will return to annoy peeps in the future.

After you do fix this house auto BS would you kindly tell us who has been doing it and how it was done. We all knew certain IDOC whores had to be doing something to auto place houses at fall time, but our bitching fell on deaf ears.

Thx

Val

KarmannSport

Sorceror

For me, there seems to be a very simple solution to this. Revert house placement back to how it used to be, meaning, stuff doesnt move when you place a house. You have to move things out of the way, then place. You basically cant auto place then because you never know where the spot to place (even a 7x7) will be. Would also stop the mad rush under the house sign.

Make it so people/animals cant block it though. Granted, then there will be all out fights for people dropping stuff back in the plot so no one can place but thats a hell of a lot better than the current magic *POOF* IDOC to house plot problem.

Im sure the staff has their own ideas on how to fix this though.