UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

30kk in runic hammers later...

Re: 30kk in runic hammers later...

Cal-demise;562960 said:
you are all forgetting about the PRICE of the hammers in the first place, the quantity of charges for gold, i've seen no rationalisation, all i've seen is 3 ppl agreeing with eachother, im sorry, but im not the kind to bow to peer pressure, or believing things purely because they are said by people who have respect within the community :/

"basic probability and statistics says that you are more likely to get the combination that you need from a higher end hammer"
and that is just plain wrong :/

if you wanna forget about gold, lets all use valorite hammers for everything, because they give us a better chance of what we want :/

I can't speak for EC, but I never bought any hammers.

I did the bods and got every single one.

So cost of the hammers means nothing to me at all.

Dilly

Knight

I want to see Nikki or someone burn like 20 brsks and post... cuz I know she has them :p

EvilChild

Knight

Cal-demise;562960 said:
you are all forgetting about the PRICE of the hammers in the first place, the quantity of charges for gold, i've seen no rationalisation, all i've seen is 3 ppl agreeing with eachother, im sorry, but im not the kind to bow to peer pressure, or believing things purely because they are said by people who have respect within the community :/

"basic probability and statistics says that you are more likely to get the combination that you need from a higher end hammer"

if you wanna forget about gold, lets all use valorite hammers for everything, because they give us a better chance of what we want :/

What are you retarded? If I have a bag with a bunch of apples.... and I want 3 apples... one red and 2 green.... And Jim pulls out 3 apples and Timmy pulls out 5 apples... who is more likely to pull out 1 red apple and 2 green apples Jim or Timmy?

Any you're forgetting about the supply of hammers. I can't just run around and buy up 20 gold hammers because I want to. I ended up getting aggy hammers as part of an entire deal. If I have the money to burn on them and people will sell them to me... Why should I care if my money is slightly less productive than it could be? That's never stopped me from splurging it before.

Digatalas

Knight

Cal-demise;562947 said:
28% fireball
30% mana leech
ubws

any good? i dont rate ubws personally but i kept it because some ppl do :/

It's a piece of shit..

Cal-demise;562953 said:
you are no more likely to get the COMBINATION of bonuses with a gold than an aggy, its just the intensity thats better. so effectively more charges = more rolls are getting the combination

What you fail to understand is hammers might have more rolls and the intensities are definitely "able" to reach 100%, doesn't mean they will. Gold has a lower minimum intensity than appagite does (I am pretty sure since it is a step down from the other), so that means you will get items with much lower mod intensities.

Cal-demise;562957 said:
how many gold do you get per aggy tho

2.5 per gold, 5 per aggy???

you then have 30 charges with 4 mods for CHEAPER than the aggy hammer, and you will NOT get an aggy hammer for 5 mil

With the better hammer you stand better chances of getting your item... POINT BLANK. If you try to tell me I am wrong on that last sentence you are crazy.

Cal, if you weren't such an ass hat and had not come in here with such a bitchy little attitude, some of these people might have responded to you nicely. But of course, you had the whole, I know everything there is to know and no one else is right attitude.

Don't tell someone that their investment is shit. People spend alot of time and money to try and create uber items and in my personal opinion, EC made some extremely nice items from this.

that No-Dachi is VERY VERY nice. Beats a stampede any day. Good job.

Dollpartz

Squire

Hey Cal - I read your posts and suddenly I thought I was watching an episode of Dawson's Creek. You've got this kind of irritating, adolescent, over-opinionated thing going in your writing, except there is no relief evident in the form of Katie Holmes' tits. The general public usually need to be visually gratified in order to tolerate pretentious loudmouth wankers like yourself, and while your vagina may be up to scratch, I suspect your breasts are simply too small to get a rise out of this old hound.

EvilChild

Knight

Now just out of curiousty I kinda want to know who Cal is in game... Just so when hes lying face down in the dirt (if he ever goes to fel) I can laugh at him about how my attack shouldn't have been able to kill him =)

Digatalas

Knight

Cal-demise;562960 said:
all i've seen is 3 ppl agreeing with eachother, im sorry, but im not the kind to bow to peer pressure, or believing things purely because they are said by people who have respect within the community :/

It doesn't matter who the fuck they are, you give people respect if they deserve it. All of the people you were insulting have responded calmly and nicely to you so far.. You are looking like a real ass-hat.

Cal-demise;562960 said:
Go craft armor with a SRSK and then with a BRSK. which one will you get good mods and high resists from more, or should we all craft an ass load of SRSK stuff?

Cal-demise;562960 said:
im sorry, im not tryin to be an asshole

WTF?! What are you like when you are?

Cal-demise;562953 said:
you are no more likely to get the COMBINATION of bonuses with a gold than an aggy, its just the intensity thats better. ...show me the maths. or/ empiricise it, show me the actual end result, because until then, its all just unfounded speculation :/

Cal-demise;562960 said:
"basic probability and statistics says ..." that is just plain wrong :/

Feersum Endjinn;562926 said:
A vague grasp of Elementary School Probability Theory might help too.

Cal, you are speculating. Everyone else is using basic Mathematics.

FE

Gisela;562908 said:
Yeah I double checked. I am ALMOST positive that mage weapon only applies if your magery is higher than the required weapon skill.

Nerd link: http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/Scripts/Items/Weapons/BaseWeapon.cs

code snippet
Code:
            }
            else if ( m_AosWeaponAttributes.MageWeapon != 0 )
            {
                if ( m.Skills[SkillName.Magery].Value > m.Skills[Skill].Value )
                    sk = SkillName.Magery;
                else
                    sk = Skill;
Don't see this mentioned on uo.com tho

* or look at evilchild's confirmation in the field :)

see this, is pro, and a valuable nugget of info. time to value my swords.
how many mage weps were smelted without checkin other mods i wonder... (i'll say by me to stop the negative replies but show my point :p )

EvilChild;562965 said:
What are you retarded? If I have a bag with a bunch of apples.... and I want 3 apples... one red and 2 green.... And Jim pulls out 3 apples and Timmy pulls out 5 apples... who is more likely to pull out 1 red apple and 2 green apples Jim or Timmy?

Any you're forgetting about the supply of hammers. I can't just run around and buy up 20 gold hammers because I want to. I ended up getting aggy hammers as part of an entire deal. If I have the money to burn on them and people will sell them to me... Why should I care if my money is slightly less productive than it could be? That's never stopped me from splurging it before.

what apples are in the bag in the first place?? if they're all green apples then niether lol, ya cant just say "a bunch of apples in a bag" if you're doing probability lol

and i'd of sold the aggys and bought golds, thats all im sayin, if you think thats not possible fair enough, may take a little longer, but you've played this game for how long? and you dont have the patience to wait like a week... :/

Digatalas

Knight

It does not matter if the weapon is a mage weapon really. That doesn't mean you can still hold it and cast spells. It would have to be a mage weapon and spell channeling if you wanted to cast magery spells.

So basically mage weps are used on dexxers more because they are never affected by the mage wep mod. All of the mages that have a wep skill need a SC weapon in the firsst place and would never use a -skill item.

Just because something has the mage wep mod does not take any value away at all, It is still equally as good because anyone smart enough to realize it, would see it won't affect them since it probably doesn't have SC.

EvilChild

Knight

Even then just because its sc and mage wep doesnt make it utterly useless... sc-0 can be used as training weps and other sc mage weps can be used by mages without wep skills who have +mage jewels or can take the magery hit.

Digatalas

Knight

EvilChild;562965 said:
If I have a bag with a bunch of apples.... and I want 3 apples... one red and 2 green.... And Jim pulls out 3 apples and Timmy pulls out 5 apples... who is more likely to pull out 1 red apple and 2 green apples Jim or Timmy?

Let's just say there are equal numbers of each color.

EvilChild;562965 said:
aggy hammers as part of an entire deal.

READ his replies for once Cal.

Also, before you continue your rampant arguments please answer the questions people ask or explain how you are still right even after the facts have been put in front of you I might bet

(Or just continue to dodge anything you can't answer)

Just because you have played for ten years doesn't mean you are good. time means nothing. Someone that has played one year could easily know more than a person that has played for 20.

What matters are your experiences in UO and skill. EC is easily more skilled at crafting than you.

no you should not craft with srsk, but hrsk is more than sufficient.

i dont watch dawsons creek i've never seen it, so jokes on you lol.

"Now just out of curiousty I kinda want to know who Cal is in game... Just so when hes lying face down in the dirt (if he ever goes to fel) I can laugh at him about how my attack shouldn't have been able to kill him =)"

lol when have i said you shouldn't be able to do that?? all i have said, is i would like to see it. what do you not understand about that, the fact you've not said "i'll show you, come to so and so" makes me think its bullshit now, and no i wont come now, because i accept it is possible, but i wont give you the satisfaction even if you are right lol. possible, not likely, hence why i said i would like to see it.

and intensity is not a huge thing on weps, shields yes, but you wouldn't value a 48% much less than a 50%

Digatalas;562988 said:
Let's just say there are equal numbers of each color.

READ his replies for once Cal.

Also, before you continue your rampant arguments please answer the questions people ask or explain how you are still right even after the facts have been put in front of you I might bet

(Or just continue to dodge anything you can't answer)

Just because you have played for ten years doesn't mean you are good. time means nothing. Someone that has played one year could easily know more than a person that has played for 20.

What matters are your experiences in UO and skill. EC is easily more skilled at crafting than you.

and its impossible to sell the hammer for gold then use the gold to buy 3 golden hammers?

im sorry i thought that was the whole point of currency.... lol

what have a dodged or not answered?

and the stampede was a piece of shit

Digatalas

Knight

You are truely hopeless with the lame "the jokes on you" comebacks..

Anyways, it's how you present yourself and say things that makes you seem so rude and arrogant. I can tell you that the specials work EXACTLY as you were told they work because I used to be in the DAA alliance that included EVIL and OoM. I still have chars in OoM and when i played there full time i helplessly tried to duel EC. Needless to say he could drop me in a max of two hits.

what class were you playing tho?

you mean im flippant, and its because i dont really care, this is a game to me, as it should be to you

im pretty much finished now tbh :/ i mean done everything i set out to do and completed the game to a standard that im happy with.. the only thing i've not done and fancy a bash as is soloin the champ spawns :p
that looked pretty damn impressive

EvilChild

Knight

Couple of points -

I value my IRL time saved by not having to resell the aggy hammers and just burned them... much more so than the gold I maybe could have saved by reselling them for some price that makes it worthwhile (which to my knowledge hasn't been reached in the forums)

Also yes I value 50 much higher than 48 for a couple of reasons. That little bit of OCD comes out and I want the even number. And, in case you haven't noticed I play ninja dexxers and one nice little attack is focus attack which doubles hit properties on your weapon. So that 2% is really 4%... not a big difference but 50% as apposed to 36% turns into 100% vs 72%... which is quite a bit of difference. So the closer I can get to 50% the better... Now imagine if I had gotten lucky and made a 40di 50light 50hml 50hld 30ssi nodachi... that would be 100light 100hml 100hld doing about 30damage + 10lightning, giving back all of my mana and always letting me swing at -25dci on the opponent after the first swing... not to mention swinging around 1.5s. I think anyone would be hard pressed to survive nearby a character like that especially with riding swipe and ki attack as the kickers. In order to get weapons like that you need the most number of props you can get and the highest intensity possible. Crafting with lesser hammers just won't cut it.

Digatalas

Knight

Cal-demise;562892 said:
why would you even put that up o_O
im sorry but that CANNOT be the best stuff, i make better things with a copper hammer for gods sake o_O

Rude remark #1

Cal-demise;562896 said:
you people are insane!

either insane, or very very stupid :S

Rude remark #2

Cal-demise;562916 said:
i

samurai era was for fags, i never really looked into ninjitsu and bushido :/

you moron

Rude remark #3 And just in case you were wondering Bush (supposedly for fags) is what is going to drop your ass in 2 secs.

Cal-demise;562921 said:
thats cos the game knows you suck, and so doesn't reward you :/

Rude remark #4

Cal-demise;562921 said:
please, learn who you're talkin to before you start sayin they dont know what they're talkin about

You pompous, arrogant, egotistical, immature person.

Lucifall;562922 said:
Yet, no one here knows who the fuck you are.

QFT

Cal-demise;562924 said:
yeah cos you're all noobs that STARTED after a FINISHED lol

Feersum Endjinn;562926 said:
You know, Cal - I guess you really haven't done much Smithing, have you?

Insulting someone who actually does know what they are talking about normally just ends up making you look very, very stupid.

Cal-demise;562927 said:
and i've not done loads of smithing because i've not got money to throw down the drain, so i think about it, and do the sensible thing that will get me the best for my money.

the rich ppl on the other hand throw money away to try to get the one uber item they're after.

How do you think they get that money? Some of the richest people on here are strictly crafters... THEY SELL THEIR GOOD ITEMS..

Cal-demise;562960 said:
i've seen no rationalisation, all i've seen is 3 ppl agreeing with eachother, im sorry, but im not the kind to bow to peer pressure, or believing things purely because they are said by people who have respect within the community :/

I'm sorry you don't understand all of the rationality in this thread being thrown at you, and you should try giving people some respect unless they majorly insulted you before then. I don'trespect you really because of how much of a ass-hat / noob you are being.

Cal-demise;562960 said:
im just a believer that understanding comes through conflict, and refuse to take stuff for granted..

Try understanding instead of conflict. I have noticed more things get done when people aren't fighting, am I right?

ParagonDancer;562963 said:
I can't speak for EC, but I never bought any hammers.

I did the bods and got every single one.

So cost of the hammers means nothing to me at all.

Easiest way to get your crafting supplies Cal. What's funny is Eby has some of the best items in game he crafted himself...

EvilChild;562970 said:
Now just out of curiousty I kinda want to know who Cal is in game... Just so when hes lying face down in the dirt (if he ever goes to fel) I can laugh at him about how my attack shouldn't have been able to kill him =)

You never answered this Cal. Do you even go to Fel?

Cal-demise;562989 said:
no you should not craft with srsk, but hrsk is more than sufficient.

So why isn't a BRSK more sufficient than a HRSK if you put it that way... think about that.

Cal-demise;562996 said:
you mean im flippant, and its because i dont really care, this is a game to me, as it should be to you

*It is just a game, but these are also people I respect whether I know them or not. I also tryto be as nice as I can to people and hope they will do the same so it can be an enjoyable game for everyone to play.

thankyou, for a good reply.

i wasn't aware of the specifics of focus attack, as i said in a previous post, i have not bothered to look properly into bushido and ninjitsu