UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bigoud

Wanderer
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

any update on the date where it should be happening ??

please? staff ?

Caz

Knight

It'd be cool if vet mounts were scrapped and you could only get donation ethys... more horses = win

Anayena

Wanderer

Zippy;1001642 said:
RE: Farming Accounts for rewards

You can't really farm accounts for rewards because inactive accounts are periodically deleted.

Periodically deleted if nobody uses them. The fact is that you have gold farmers checking them every 7 days and remaking characters. There are countless accounts out there with far beyond 2 years of time on them.

Most vet rewards are worthless anyways. The only things that matter are mounts. Get rid of the current AR robes/cloaks, statues, all that garbage. Increase the time on them and then make it so that you get fewer rewards. That way we don't end up with houses completely covered in cow pyramids. Less lag, fewer obnoxious sounds. That said, don't change the ethys. They are a big part of what makes PvP on this server so easy to jump into. Take them all away, make them 3 month vet rewards, and then give each account only 1 vet reward point at 3 months.

C

Cassiter

ok, i think that is a real good idea but one of the only things i like about the one right now is the robes and stuff i love the white and stuff like that

Golgamoth

Wanderer

OK this seems like a good and bad idea. It could be essentially disasterous or potentially amazing. I am one of those people who doesn't see pvping without an ethy as a possibility for several reasons. A.) You die and go to a healer, get ressed and have no possible quick mode of transportation away from the area.
B.) You get dismounted from a normal mount, and it can be killed leaving you extremely vulnerable as where with an ethy you could hide and remount.

A possible solution to this problem, would be to make faction horses possess the same quality and functionality as an ethereal horse yet keep the faction hue of the animal, also making them invulnerable to being killed so it is not a waste of your silver (even though they are bonded, you need a veterinarian of your faction to res it... good luck in that), to balance THIS out make them cost much more silver. Also making faction crafting somewhat like reward robes as in a +2 ar bonus to a cloak or robe. This would stimulate faction activity as well as provide an alternate solution for the people without ethys. It would improve the reward economy as well as raise the price of donation ethys even more so, which I wouldn't complain about because those are the only ethys I can use, and I own 5 ^_^
Also making Donation robes to be worn at any age could counter balance the reward robe issue for those who enjoy the +4 ar boost. Make them cost the appropriate ammount according to their colors.
Like bronze/copper $3.00
Gold/agapite $6.00
Verite/valorite $9.00
etc... in incriments of $3.00 or $3.33 if you want to be more on target as far as actual value in comparison to donation eths.

Now for reds, and order/chaos I can't think of a viable solution for that aspect of pvp... besides buying a donation ethy.

As far as reward statues I really dont give a crap about them, they're entirely useless regardless of your veteran status. Dye tubs are useful though and I would be sad to not be able to use some... but w/e happens happens.

Perhaps also make more incentive to those who donate a lot...
Like every 100 dollars you donate you get a free Ethereal mount either Ostard, Llama, or Horse. That would be pretty sweet too ^_^

kingdookie

Wanderer

Well, i read like 6 or 7 pages of replies....my mind was made up from the start btw, go for it!! Man, if you would lose your ethy because u have a young account, then figure some shit out. If you have an old account, you deserve to get better shit to distinguish the fact that you've been running around this server for a while.

So all in all, Good show Ryan....do it....to bad i didn't get to vote but the 292 yes votes in the poll spoke louder than the 93 "no's" that was there, so I feel represented!!....ehehe

Anayena

Wanderer

kingdookie;1356074 said:
Well, i read like 6 or 7 pages of replies....my mind was made up from the start btw, go for it!! Man, if you would lose your ethy because u have a young account, then figure some shit out. If you have an old account, you deserve to get better shit to distinguish the fact that you've been running around this server for a while.

So all in all, Good show Ryan....do it....to bad i didn't get to vote but the 292 yes votes in the poll spoke louder than the 93 "no's" that was there, so I feel represented!!....ehehe

Ok... so who has played longer affects PVP? Sounds like World of Warcraft or some garbage to me. Keep the playing field level.

If it's statues, appearance items, or even 4ac then whatever. Ethys, however, are significant to play.

I also skipped through numerous pages of replies before I came to one conclusion... If you are to add Veteran reward items, it would simply provide yet another way for the veterans to come up in the server, it would be indentical to the Hybrid Rocks Blue Sandle madness, lots of people with the ability and money to farm and manipulate the system will, leaving the new players with nothing to look forward to when we become veterans, because the items will be old, useless, over marketed junk, identical to the current reward system, I think it should be taken as an amazing token of the servers ability to flourish, and the veteran reward system should now be removed, if anything, in an attempt to spark up an interest and value for the now "rare" items that will now be impossible to obtain again.

BlowSnow

Wanderer

I just want a death robe....
my account is 4 months, i can wait a bit longer
most Tammer's will tame you a horse if you ask them

Oh and I only got through 15 pages of posts... did we ever figure out if our existing items will give us credit, or at 6 months we get only 3 choices to choose from?

Thats cool with me.

Just let me know a date, I was storing up claims for better items anyway.

Dong

Sorceror

Well i thought about it for about 1.45 minutes and i realized how much that would change this shard. If you make all the vet rewards pretty close to OSI time frames than that will hurt gameplay.

#1.) Everyone would have to Donate $10.00 to the shard for a donation ethy so that they would not keep getting their mounts killed off by pk's and blues that do not care about going grey.

#2.) Bola's cost 1000-2500 per and with no ethy mounts than bola's would be almost useless."i know you guyz are gonna say that you can still bola people , but when the person is on a ethy it makes your task much easier."

#3.) This shard is not designed for new players. You would make a poor lil newb spend millions of dollars on horses untill he reached what 2 years? Or worse off $50.00 REal Life Money to even survive in the shard.

Sounds like a good idea it really does , but i think that if you change the pixels it could hurt some great things about the shard.My only complaint is about the Ethy mounts.When you make those a 2 yr reward than you are gonna make probally $5,000.00 Dollars in real life money the first week you take all the rewards away and the simple fact people will be forced to buy donation ethys becasue they will not be able to keep buying horses or tired of begging people to tame them one. I alwayz tame newbz mounts and toss them like 5k , but i have noticed that the shard is very greedy, becuase it is too hard to make gold here.I love this shard , and im not trying to bash your idea Sir . I am just pointing out something which i think is a pretty serious flaw in the idea.Im a natural brown noser so i vote YES. Thank you Ryan for this shard.

P.S i read what i wrote and PLease Do Not Think im being disrespectful . I am not tryin to make you out to be a greedy money grubbing person. I know that is what my post is sounding like , because i read it and thats what it sounded like to me. Mainly im just tryin to point out that some things should probally remain the same. Dye tub's should probally be kept the same and ethys.Maybe at 6 months you could give out Hybrid sandies , or skull caps or something. Im not sure Ryan to be honest. This is your baby you are the boss.You keep this shard going and we all appreciate it. I know it probally costs a ton of money for the isp alone.I can sit here and think about what is going ot happen when alot of people read your post. You will have the richest people on the shard buying up all the rewards for credits, and no one will realize what they are doing because they probally never visit the website. I dunno Sir . Please do not ban me for this post :)

Well from what I'm understanding to continue this post is a lost cause, the server owner is going to make bank, the veterans are going to have an extreme advantage over the new players in terms of wealth and the ease of mounting immediately after rezzing, in contrast to having to run all the way to a stable just to spend half a k every time, "As if camping dungeons with groups of reds wasn't enough," and I'm probably going to end up putting my fist through my monitor after I lose another twenty mounts, all I can say is that any change you attempt to make to the server and economy will leave the majority of players confused, hurt, and possibly unhappy, when now they are just bored. There are lots of servers out there, and yours is getting attention for being the way it is.